As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

White Wolf: Geist - Dead Like Persona Fandango [now available for Sin Eating]

1181920212224»

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    watch The Frighteners together

Egos on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So I got Book of the Dead. In many ways it's as enjoyable to read for Geist as it is for WoD core. There's something here for everyone be it Sin-eaters, werewolves, vamps, changelings, hell even Prommies.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cheeseliker, if you're still looking for ideas, look up Promethean, the Created, particularly Saturnine Night. Lotsa goodies in that book(Laden with hooks for Hunter).

Anyway, is anyone interested in a game of Genius:the Transgression sometime in the future?

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    If people are on the fence about Book of the Dead- don't be, it's awesome.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Gonna make some Geist and Genius sheet templates for Vault of Darkness. Bug me about it in a week when I figure out how the Supernatural Advantage form works.

EDIT:Aha!

EDIT 2:why the fuck do I have to make eight separate XML files?

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hmm, I can't edit the thread title. Maybe it's too old.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've never played a pen&paper RPG before, but the setting of WoD really appeals to me...

Where would be the ideal place for a complete novice to go to find some information about how to actually play...

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    White Wolf Wiki, probably.

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Main_Page

Really not as daunting as it looks. You make a basic character from the sheets provided, and the rules are pretty simple.

In New World, at least. All you really need is an ST to come up with a plot to bring people together.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Right, so you can create any character from Geist, Vamp, Werewolf etc. and they can all be used during one storyline?

'World of darkness' makes sense, I guess

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yep, pretty much. It's as crazy or as simple as you want it to be.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'll probably buy the book to understand the rules properly and thus create a character, I have an idea about a female shoegazing musician killed by a massive electric shock whose Geist is a manifestation of manic energy called 'The Crowd Surge' or something.

I'll refine the idea once I understand what I'm doing

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I either want to do a Geist campaign or a Mage one-shot based around the Tarot, haven't decided yet.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OK I think I've got the general idea, looking at some of the quickstart guides and I'm gonna write something.

But it's three in the morning. Damn

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sp, anyone feel like doing a quick comparison between the new underworld and the old one?
    Book of the dead compared to Wraith, as it were.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So, I came up with something really basic, I have no idea if its good or not

'Close your eyes, this is going to really hurt...'

Lindsey Wyatt, aspiring musician

Threshold - The Forgotten
    Archetype - Celebrant
    Geist - The Crowd Surge

Virtue - Fortitude, Lindsey was never a coward, even faced with an unimpressed crowd or a Geist with a cruel sense of humour
    Vice - Envy, however she never was one to take rivalry well, particularly anyone she saw as more skilled or attractive than herself
    The hazy air of the bar rippled with the patronizing sound of polite applause. A gentle 'well done' to those who stood before the indifferent and distracted, a niuscance, an interruption to conversation that may as well have been white noise. A pat on the back and a free drink voucher was all their effort had amounted to.

It was Lindseys first open mic night. The first time she had played the songs that seemed to write themselves. The first time her private words, phrases and rhymes that she seemed to pluck out of the very air itself would be heard in public.

A man sat near the stage belched heavily. Tough crowd, it seemed.

Lindsey thanked the crowd and smiled to herself. 'It could have gone a lot worse,' she thought, 'I could have fallen off the stage on the way up here, smashed the guitar and broken something. That would have been embarassing....'

She reached to pull the guitar cable out of the bar PA system, a heavy metal box that would have looked more at home attached to the side of a industrial refergerator. She gave the lead a tug.

The room went black.

The bargin was made. The Crowd Surge, his blinding, colour shifting, empty eyes that blazed with light and arced with flowing blue electricty, started her heart beating once more. Lindseys' eyes snapped open, as the agonising pain of the fatal jolt worked its way through her chest. She sat bolt upright from her new position on the floor and took a sharp, deep breath of the stale air of the bar. She turned, slowly to face the patrons, trying not to hyperventilate. The Crowd Surge sat in the front row, grinning.

'You've... been... a great audience'

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    THIS THREAD IS DEAD GO TO http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=128206 INSTEAD

Edith Upwards on