Options

[TOURNAMENT ON] Eye of Judgment (ZORAK15 WINS)

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I gave up D:. Sorry, Cray. Can't connect can't connect can't connect. D:

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Tw4winTw4win Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Chorazin wrote: »
    Ack, I can't battle tonight, so I concede to rklllama.

rklllama - PSN: rklllama VS. Chorazin - PSN: Chorazin

Winner: rkllama

You know you have until tomorrow night to do it. I'm not going to count this until I hear back from you.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CrescensCrescens Registered User new member
    edited November 2007
    PikaPuff wrote: »

I got the same thing! How absurdly annoying. Sorry Pikapuff, I valliantly flung invite after invite but to no avail. The cannot connect beast is unstoppable.

Crescens on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    PikaPuff wrote: »

That's really odd because we connected a couple of days ago.

I'm thinking that it's either a router problem (yours or your opponents) or there are issues with Sony's multiplayer in this game. Well, we know that there are issues. The multiplayer just seems unfinished which sucks given that this is a MP game. It almost seems like they want you to play random people and not hook up for specific matches.

It will be interesting to see if they address these issues in a patch and how they run their tournaments.

I'll update winners soon.

Those of you that are having issues, I'm not going to update your standings until after midnight Monday. As of right now you have over 24 hours to complete your match still.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Definitely an in-game problem. Every other online game I have works fine, including PS2 games that still have servers. EoJ is the only one I've run into problems with. I just keep checking for updates when prompted upon starting up the game.

MuttonChops on
    muttonchops.png
  • Options
    FuwabaFuwaba Registered User new member
    edited November 2007
    Diablopup - PSN: Diablopup VS. Fuwaba - PSN: Fuwaba

Winner: Fuwaba

Good one. I managed to seize the bottom left quadrant early on, but Diablopup fights like a beast when cornered. Every time I'd think I had won, he'd manage to push me back. Except for the last time, of course.

Fuwaba on
  • Options
    RedMageDarionRedMageDarion Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Okay.

So, I see abotkin online, but he's like... not responding.

If you're there, dood, I hope you can battle soon. I've got to go to bed within an hour or so.

I won't be available again until tomorrow evening.

RedMageDarion on
    Pokemon White - 3954.6369.6328
  • Options
    brandbrand Registered User new member
    edited November 2007
    Hey Whitewolfjm - Got your message to schedule r2 match, tried to reply yesterday and today, don't know if you saw it... Make sure to hit me up here via PM or post a reply, as I don't have regular access to PSN. I can do very late night today, like 2am EST may be (don't consider that a match unless I confirm), or can do tomorrow afternoon/evening (evening is better, but obviously before lets say 10pm, as we need time to play and get our results in). Thanks, looking forward to it :-) !

brand on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Just as an FYI -

I don't plan on being awake at midnight EST Monday night so anyone who needs to play their matches after that can do so. I just need the results to be posted sometime before 8-9 AM EST Tuesday morning. That should help some of you west coasters out...

I think in the future I'll probably just roll with the 8 AM deadline. It makes things easier for me.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LaredenLareden Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Definitely an in-game problem. Every other online game I have works fine, including PS2 games that still have servers. EoJ is the only one I've run into problems with. I just keep checking for updates when prompted upon starting up the game.
    I agree it's definitely Hasbro's programming, not Sony's network. To be honest, I didn't expect this game to work perfectly at all (I have a unique perspective, being a software engineer). It takes a lot of work to put together a game. Especially something never done before like this one. Since the majority of matches seem to work, this bug probably didn't show it's ugly head in testing. I'm sure they'll fix it in a patch sometime soon though.

Lareden on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RedMageDarionRedMageDarion Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    RedMageDarion - PSN: RedMageDarion VS. abotkin - PSN: abotkin

Winner: abotkin - PSN: abotkin

In an extremely close match, I manage to pull out the loss.

Let me give everyone a bit of advice. Don't ever, EVER, assume you've lost.

I have to wonder if the end of our game would have gone differently had I thought things through a little more.

RedMageDarion on
    Pokemon White - 3954.6369.6328
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    RedMageDarion - PSN: RedMageDarion VS. abotkin - PSN: abotkin

Winner: abotkin - PSN: abotkin

In an extremely close match, I manage to pull out the loss.

I have to wonder if the end of our game would have gone differently had I thought things through a little more.

I think it's a testament to how balanced the game's design is that you aren't truly out of the game until the last card is played. I've been down 4 squares to 1 only to win the game and I've been up, only to lose horribly at the end. WoTC & Sony did a great job designing the rules and cards for this game. I just wish they would improve multiplayer.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Not that I need to confirm that I won, but yeah, don't assume you've lost. I almost screwed myself because I didn't draw a creature card to secure a check and kill one of RedMageDarion's guys to bring me out of danger, but realized right before I gave up that I had a play and I ended up winning. Extremely close match, enjoyed it quite a bit.

Well played RedMageDarion.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    CHA0SiUMCHA0SiUM Registered User new member
    edited November 2007

I realized that during my Round 2 match... I was in "reaction" mode, ie my opponent had me in check all the time and I kept having to spend all my mana just to get out of check. I was running out of 2-mana creatures to get out of check with...

He put down a 4-hit-point creature in a far away corner. I thought I was lost... then I realized I could flip his creature up, and put that Elven Berzerker Maiden (sp?) down on an Earth field accross from it, triggering its +2 attack bonus, and do 4 damage to his new creature (blind spot)... and the fact that it also gave her Dodge won me the game. o.O

CHA0SiUM on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Updated Round 2 Winners to here.

Still a decent number of matches left to play.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ddubs14ddubs14 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ddubs14 - PSN: ddubs14 VS. Alakhai - PSN: AlakhaiVaynard

Winner: ddubs14 - PSN: ddubs14

ddubs14 on
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This weekend was like a train wreck. D: Stupid significant other family drama, wheee!

RedDawn, expect a PM in a few minutes, and I'll add you as a friend tonight when I get home. My PS3 will be on until I see you on, or until I go to bed.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    ScynixScynix Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Tw4win, I'm not really sure what to do at this point.

My opponent (the one with the non existent PSN) finally responded to my PA message this morning (10:23am).

I can try to arrange a match with him today but, I still don't know his 'real' PSN. Aren't we past the due time?

Scynix on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Scynix wrote: »
    Tw4win, I'm not really sure what to do at this point.

My opponent (the one with the non existent PSN) finally responded to my PA message this morning (10:23am).

I can try to arrange a match with him today but, I still don't know his 'real' PSN. Aren't we past the due time?

Technically the "due" time is midnight tonight so you still have time.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    sangretusangretu Registered User new member
    edited November 2007
    Kinitari - PSN: Kinitari VS. sangretu - PSN: sangretu

Winner: sangretu

We couldn't connect no matter what we tried. We even got on the phone and coordinated our efforts, but although we could see each other's invitations and games, we simply could not connect to each other. Both of us had played several games online with other players without problems. There is obviously a serious glitch in the networking code (so sayeth the software engineer).

Eventually, we agreed to play over the phone using pen and paper and a lot of trust. It was good fun although I think we both ended up with a crick in our necks, and I sincerely hope this is not a necessary evil in future rounds. I didn't buy a computerized card game to go low-tech with it.

Thanks for the match Kinitari, see you online!

sangretu on
  • Options
    bfigginsbfiggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm tryin' to connect to acblack, and nothing. We'll figure...something out.

bfiggins on
  • Options
    DalancerDalancer Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My opponite, Josh7289, has forfitted... I don't know how to feel :|

Dalancer on
  • Options
    truboitruboi Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Match Round 2 : truboi versus LupusYonderBoy

Unable to connect due to NAT problem, we decided to let Tw4win pick the winner for us since we dont have time to play with pen and paper due to our busy schedule. It was a big let down since I was hopping to play against Lupus, he has a nice record ^^.

- truboi

truboi on
  • Options
    bfigginsbfiggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    We finally got it worked out! I don't know what changed - maybe we were both trying to connect to each other at the same time?

Anyway, Round 2
    bfiggins vs. acblack

Winner: bfiggins

Grueling. We were both slaughtering each others' creatures left and right. Acblack was just the first to run out of tricks. A few more rounds and I'd be decked out.

bfiggins on
  • Options
    LupusYonderboyLupusYonderboy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    truboi wrote: »

Unable to connect due to NAT problem, we decided to let Tw4win pick the winner for us since we dont have time to play with pen and paper due to our busy schedule. It was a big let down since I was hopping to play against Lupus, he has a nice record ^^.

- truboi

I agreed to this method of determining the winner. Let us know what you come up with, Tw4win.

LupusYonderboy on
    "My other car is a Lupus!"
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    We decided to give it another go at 10pm pst, if it doesn't work then, we give up. I'll keep you posted Tw4win.

truboi on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    truboi wrote: »

- truboi

I agreed to this method of determining the winner. Let us know what you come up with, Tw4win.

Well, technically you're both out if you don't come up with a solution. If you read my notes for round 2 I stated that I wasn't going to give anyone a pass for not being able to connect or contact their opponent.

I'd keep trying, if that doesn't work then one of you needs to concede the match to the other or you'll both be out of the tourney.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    2 rounds... no games...

Kind of annoying really, Out of the Tourney on a technicality.

Hell, I wouldnt care if it was that I lost of my own accord... but I'd just like to have played a game.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    No word yet from RedDawn. :| Suprisingly though I didn't have any friend invites or PMs from him either. Hopefully he shows up before the night is through.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    Zorak15Zorak15 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ROUND 2 RESULT:

Exhale -PSNID : Exhale vs Zorak15 -PSNID : GunsmithCat

Winner: Zorak15 -PSNID : GunsmithCat

We played a good game. I drew a little better and was able to conserve some mana. Exhale surprised me with a fissure to a poorly placed Hellfire Spitter, but in the end I was able to get all 5 on the board for the win.

Zorak15 on
    steam_sig.png
    Registered member since '04, Lurking since '99!
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    rklllama - PSN: rklllama VS. Chorazin - PSN: Chorazin

Winner: rkllama

The fuckin' Eye wouldn't read my cards for dick. This game is getting sold ASAP, I'm sick of fucking with it.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    DalancerDalancer Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    But the problem wasn't me and my opponite couldn't connect, he just forfitted :P so I am still in, right?

Dalancer on
  • Options
    FartwinkyFartwinky Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    2 rounds... no games...

Hell, I wouldnt care if it was that I lost of my own accord... but I'd just like to have played a game.

ill play ya. i won my game but i need to find out if i can play someone in alabama cuz my bro lives there

also in an unrelated note, can i be matched next round with someone from the uk i know for a fact i can connect to them if my problem is regional

Fartwinky on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Fartwinky wrote: »
    2 rounds... no games...

ill play ya. i won my game but i need to find out if i can play someone in alabama cuz my bro lives there

also in an unrelated note, can i be matched next round with someone from the uk i know for a fact i can connect to them if my problem is regional

I really don't know where most people are from. I'm not sure we even have anyone from the UK playing right now...

What part of Alabama? I went to U of A in Tuscaloosa.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Match 2 : truboi versus LupusYonderBoy

Yonderboy wins by a tail! get it? haha we flipped a coin and he won the coin toss. I'm really disappointed that EOJ still has so many bugs. O well that's life, stuff happens. GL to you Mr. Lupus!

truboi on
  • Options
    LupusYonderboyLupusYonderboy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    LupusYonderboy - PSN: LupusYonderboy VS. truboi - PSN: truboi

Winner: LupusYonderboy - PSN: LupusYonderboy

We found a way to let the coin decide, since PSN was not listening to our cries for mercy.

LupusYonderboy on
    "My other car is a Lupus!"
  • Options
    robcat09robcat09 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I just bought this game tonight, and after 5 hours I still don't really know what I'm doing with it but I'm comfortable enough with the game to get my ass handed to me by some online opponents. I don't know if you are still taking names at this point, but anyone who wants to add me as a friend please do so. I'll be available pretty much any night for a duel.

PSN: robcat09

robcat09 on
  • Options
    WhitewolfjmWhitewolfjm Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Brand (PSN: Generator) vs. Whitewolfjm (PSN: Whitewolfjm)

Winner: Whitewolfjm

Fantastic game against a fantastic player. Once again, I got lucky on the draws and just had the right cards at the right time.

BTW. just some more info on the NAT connection issues. When we first tried to connect, both Brand and myself were unable to establish a connection either in EOJ or in chat. We both have TYPE 3 NAT on our network connections.

The solution to our problem was discovered when I found out that my PC and my PS3 had both been assigned the same IP address by my router. By simply turning off my PC we were able to connect with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

My recommendation for anyone with NAT TYPE 3 who is having trouble connection is to simply turn off all other wireless devices. There seems to be an issue with the PS3 where it doesn't play nice with SOHO routers which results in conflicting IP address assignments.

If you have any questions or need help with connection issues, please feel free to PM me and I will see what I can do to help.

Thanks,
    Whitewolfjm

Whitewolfjm on
    3DS Friend Code: 0275-8881-6723
    3DS Friend Name: Whitewolfjm
    Pokemon Y In-game name: Superman
  • Options
    FartwinkyFartwinky Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Tw4win wrote: »
    2 rounds... no games...

I really don't know where most people are from. I'm not sure we even have anyone from the UK playing right now...

ooo tuscaloosa, im from huntsville and thats where my bro is going to school and whatnots runnin HAAS (youll know if youve been a nerd there long)

Fartwinky on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Tw4win wrote: »
    2 rounds... no games...

ooo tuscaloosa, im from huntsville and thats where my bro is going to school and whatnots runnin HAAS (youll know if youve been a nerd there long)

Im in the Montgomery area myself.

Send me a friend invite, and we can try for a match later.

Meanwhile Im gonna take a break from EoJ tonight. Folklore beckons.

ManetherenWolf on