As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heating issues

GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So, long story short, I live in Boston and it's starting to get chilly. I moved from Somerville to Cambridge in August, from the 5th floor of an apartment with heat included in the rent to a split townhouse where I live on the bottom floor. My entire back wall, more or less, is a sliding glass door that doesn't seem to insulate very well. It's currently 48 degrees outside, and it's probably sub 60 in my room. I can only shudder to think what it'll be like in here when temperatures approach 0.

My question is, what are my options if I don't want to turn into a human popsicle at night? Are space heaters effective? Any other ideas other than wearing a jacket and wool socks to bed?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
Grundlestiltskin on

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Put up curtains or some wooly tppe shit against the window to act like insulation.

In fact do this on all windows and close all doors in between rooms to ensure heat doesn't travel around.

Also if heating is included it means it is free.

Turn it up.

Blake T on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Blaket wrote: »
    Also if heating is included it means it is free.

Sadly it was my last place where heat was included, not my current place. I don't know why I put that in there except I guess to complain about the fact that now I have to pay for it and I can't really afford to heat like that. Not that I'm really sure how the heat in this place even works. Or if.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy