As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Youtube slow on firefox in vista?

TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
I've been having problems with firefox under vista... youtube and google video both play very slow and choppy. Under XP on the same machine, they played fine, but even when the video is entirely loaded, they will play so choppily that it looks like a slide show.

Anyone experience anything similar or got any suggestions on how to fix it?

TheSonicRetard on

• Options
    CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Google video just doesn't load for me under Firefox, don't know why.

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Cymoro wrote: »

you using vista?

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    CycophantCycophant Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Have Vista and use Firefox for months and months now, and never had a problem with it. I imagine your problem came with the switchover to Vista, and either your video card drivers got mussed up, or some sort of strange codec problem.

Make sure your video drivers are all up to date, and remove any codec packs you've downloaded, especially if they're designed for XP. Vista seemed perfectly fine at viewing FLV video right out of the box for me (although I ended up installing the CCCP codec pack later anyway, for other reasons, and haven't had any problems with it either).

Cycophant on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Cymoro wrote: »

you using vista?

Nope.

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean