As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Omeganauts

StigmaticCorpseStigmaticCorpse Registered User regular
edited October 2005 in PAX Archive
I am quite glad I was an omeganaut, even though I made a fool of myself in front of 2000 people. I mostly enjoyed it because of the opportunities it provided to meet interesting people. All the other omeganauts were pretty cool people, and I ended up becoming friends with one of them. Also, the head omegatech and the rest of that group were well worth meeting, not to mention Gabe and Tycho. And one other thing: I don't think I would have ever played Diceland otherwise, and that game is pretty cool.

Omeganaut 2005 - MotionSupremacist
StigmaticCorpse on

• Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    I am quite glad I was an omeganaut, even though I made a fool of myself in front of 2000 people. I mostly enjoyed it because of the opportunities it provided to meet interesting people. All the other omeganauts were pretty cool people, and I ended up becoming friends with one of them. Also, the head omegatech and the rest of that group were well worth meeting, not to mention Gabe and Tycho. And one other thing: I don't think I would have ever played Diceland otherwise, and that game is pretty cool.

You were one of the ones that got up there and did karaoke, I presume? I can assure you that nobody (or very few people) in the crowd thought you were making a fool of yourself, no matter how poorly you did.

Doc on
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    Seriously, we would have thought you a fool if you didn't go up there and TRY. The guy that only scored like 3 times, every time he got a line right there was a HUGE crowd response.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Heh, thanks. I appreciate that. I think I got over the embarrasment of that thing, by now... however, there is the whole fact that the second place guy for final round was my opponent, (and he was a pretty nice guy, by the way), and if i had somehow beat him, i am quite confident i would have passed on katamari... every time i saw that damn alienware computer, it made me want to cry.

StigmaticCorpse on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    ElderCat wrote:
    Seriously, we would have thought you a fool if you didn't go up there and TRY. The guy that only scored like 3 times, every time he got a line right there was a HUGE crowd response.

That was me. And it was twice, but the cheering did make me feel better. Thank you all for that.

StigmaticCorpse on
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    If it makes you feel any better, it's stories like your karaoke performance that will be told for days and weeks after PAX is over.

You fucking rocked.

321... ROAR!
    642... ROAR!

That was all for you man!

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    JoshEEEJoshEEE Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I got into DDR because I had to learn it for the Omegathon last year. Otherwise I never would have played it.

Watching you guys play Karaoke Revolution this year made me want to go out and get that game for the next party I have. It looked like a lot of fun.

And hey, don't feel bad about your performance. At least you made it further than half of your opponents. Plus, your occasional points got more cheers than anyone's domination of that game. There's something to be said for that. :D

JoshEEE on
    Bring it

GWgFmYD.png
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2005
    Heck yeah! Omegathon games were awesome this year. I faintly watched the double dash and there was mad cheers and laughter that could be heard from the top story of the building.

But i gotta say that the Karaoke event (One i actually watched) was the one that most caught my attention :D

Didn't matter if you got 2 points or 100,000 at least you got up there lol. And yeah that was freaking awesome :P it's times like those that goes into the memories of pax '05!

Oh yeah, gj all :D

Unknown User on
  • Options
    jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I never expected to see karaoke but it was great. Who was the guy with the beard? He ruled :)

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • Options
    RedBeastMageRedBeastMage Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Man, I can sympathize with you completly about karaoke stigma. This is coming from the guy who sings for his major in college and lost in a game of karaoke. But in the end, we all did what we could and had a good time. I know I wouldn't give up the weekend I had for anything.

And to jenelle, I was the guy with the beard. And your flattering comments really made me feel alot better after the loss. :)

RedBeastMage on
    I swear, I'm retiring from any game with the word 'Revolution" in the title. I must be the only person who breathed a sigh of relief at not being called for the Omegathon this year.
  • Options
    jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Ah you remember me <3

Now I can go to work in a good mood :)

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2005
    As long as we're on the topic, I wanted to say how impressed I was with the Omeganaut Corp. The level of sportsmanship and goodwill toward the other omeganauts was impressive, and I am proud to be a part of that. This was unequivically the best trip I've ever gone on, and it was in large part due to you guys. Thanks a ton.

PS, I felt for you guys on the karaoke - my friends dragged me out to karaoke three times in the last week for "practice." I thought you rocked the house - there was more cheering for 321 points than there was for Fett's Vett.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    BeatByAGrrlBeatByAGrrl Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    This weekend would not have been as much fun if weren't for all the cool Omeganauts I got to hang with and talk to. Ya'll will especially like the PAX 05 Bootleg DVD I made, since a significant amount of it is you guys' interviews and the Omegathon games. But if ya'll have any pictures or videos, please send them to me! dontcallmeallison@hotmail.com
    Email me and I'll give you my address so you can send me a self-addresses stamped envelope (make sure it's big enough to hold a DVD, and possibly one of those bubble wrap ones) and I'll mail you a copy of the bootleg for free!

BeatByAGrrl on
    when you punish a person for dreaming his dream, don't expect him to thank or forgive you. the best ever death metal band out of denton will in time both outpace and outlive you. hail satan!
  • Options
    coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    This weekend would not have been as much fun if weren't for all the cool Omeganauts I got to hang with and talk to. Ya'll will especially like the PAX 05 Bootleg DVD I made, since a significant amount of it is you guys' interviews and the Omegathon games. But if ya'll have any pictures or videos, please send them to me! dontcallmeallison@hotmail.com
    Email me and I'll give you my address so you can send me a self-addresses stamped envelope (make sure it's big enough to hold a DVD, and possibly one of those bubble wrap ones) and I'll mail you a copy of the bootleg for free!
    I run TalkXbox.com and if the footage you have is of good quality, we would love to host it. Email me at coolp@talkxbox.com if you're interested.

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • Options
    BeatByAGrrlBeatByAGrrl Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Yo Omeganuts! Will ya'll help me remember who got eliminated in which round? Also, no one is sending me videos... ;_; The DVD is almost finished, if ya'll have nothing else to add to the pot!

BeatByAGrrl on
    when you punish a person for dreaming his dream, don't expect him to thank or forgive you. the best ever death metal band out of denton will in time both outpace and outlive you. hail satan!
  • Options
    GaminGamin Brockport, NYRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Twilight- wrote:
    Heck yeah! Omegathon games were awesome this year. I faintly watched the double dash and there was mad cheers and laughter that could be heard from the top story of the building.

Yeah, I was one of the ones that go eliminated in double dash... the only game i thought I was good at coming in... Well I still think I am good at it, we just got mario karted...

I will now share my story... =P

So we do one practice race and one real race......

In the practice race, I start out by looking at the wrong screen and completey screwing up... My partner and I then charge alllll the way back and take first easily with shouts coming from the crowd (and tycho =P) like "blue sparks on the landing", etc.

In the actual race, we are doing fine the entire time...shifting from first to third to first etc. the entire race...

Final lap...

Jump before the finish line...

second place...

we get shot and fall off....

theh whole freaking crew passes us... we get knocked out...

major bummer. But anyway, That's when I got knocked out.

Overall it was awesome. Gabe and Tycho were awesome. I had a ton of fun.

As for how well i would have done if I would have made it past that... the next round (quake) would have been really tough for me... had i somehow lucked my way through that I could have stood a chance... assuming I got paired up with a low scorer in Karaoke instead of one of those crazy guys who got 20k. =P

Gamin on
    Damn i really like Ferrari, but they are letting the fans down because other car companies sell more cars than them!
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Hey Pale, I might have been one of the teams to knock you out; I won 2nd place in the tournament
    /bragging
    PaleZer0 wrote:
    In the practice race, I start out by looking at the wrong screen and completey screwing up...

I had the exact same problem. Since I'm virtually always topscreen, I would forget inbetween races whenever we were on the bottom. Thank God for my team mate though, since he reminded me before every race what screen we were on. Had it not been for him, I'm almost positive we would have lost.

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    PaleZer0 wrote:
    Twilight- wrote:

Yeah, I was one of the ones that go eliminated in double dash... the only game i thought I was good at coming in... Well I still think I am good at it, we just got mario karted...

I will now share my story... =P

So we do one practice race and one real race......

In the practice race, I start out by looking at the wrong screen and completey screwing up... My partner and I then charge alllll the way back and take first easily with shouts coming from the crowd (and tycho =P) like "blue sparks on the landing", etc.

In the actual race, we are doing fine the entire time...shifting from first to third to first etc. the entire race...

Final lap...

Jump before the finish line...

second place...

we get shot and fall off....

theh whole freaking crew passes us... we get knocked out...

major bummer. But anyway, That's when I got knocked out.

Overall it was awesome. Gabe and Tycho were awesome. I had a ton of fun.

As for how well i would have done if I would have made it past that... the next round (quake) would have been really tough for me... had i somehow lucked my way through that I could have stood a chance... assuming I got paired up with a low scorer in Karaoke instead of one of those crazy guys who got 20k. =P

I saw that. You guys have my sympathies; it was a real "agony of defeat" moment.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    Yeah, I got really lucky in the doubledash. Me and my teammate were in last the whole race during both rounds, but it seems that you weren't the only team to get shot down right at the finish line. (I think I'm friends with the person who was your partner, by the way. Well, I am now, at least. Shaved head, lip ring?) Anyways, I was with the guy making promises to the devil. I made no promises. We jumped to fifth right over that last jump. I dont think we caused more than one team to be out though - We won purely due to the three mushrooms I let out.

Oh, and those that didn't get to the katamari round but think they would have done really well at it, I feel the same way. Next year we should have our own tournament! How about it?!? I think LeRoy should join in as well.

StigmaticCorpse on