HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAVER OF 23!

mully on
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Happy birthday Beavotron!

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Happy Birthday!

So we're working on an ad for a company in this town and I was all "NO WAI, I wonder if that's where beavo hails from!?"

Prospicience on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ¡Feliz cumpleaños, Beavotron! I've sent you a birthday present to your PM box!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hyvää synttäriä ja onneksi olkoon Beavs!

no_toast on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    yo beav happy b-day dogggggggg

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Shiekahn_boyShiekahn_boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    But are you 23 flavours like the famous drink that gives you kidney stones?

Happy Birthday Beavotron. One more year and you can buy a handgun! But look on the bright side, you can still own the ammunition!

Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
    What the fuck are you people even arguing about? Shut up.
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2007
    Actually, it's 18 in Canada.

bombardier on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2007
    Crazy Canadians.

Happy birthday Bevo! I'd draw you a cake with cheerful Bear bursting out of it in a skimpy bikini, but my compy is busted. You'll just have to imagine it.

Iruka on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    thanks all!
    prosp: No but if you do a google search on "beavotron" it asks if i meant "beaverton" also there's a guy in the uk who's a techie or something who also goes by beavotron.

hey another interesting fact, GIS "katamari" and my katamari valentine is on the first page, first row. or at least it was last night. WEIRD!

iruka: i imagined it and drooled a little
    someone better draw this

TOTP!
    eating_dog_food.jpg

beavotron on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yay, 85 on a mind-numbingly unpleasant test.

Now to see if I can model a birthday cake.

MKR on
  • Options
    The One 52The One 52 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Happy friggin' birthday, Beavo! I'll drink in honor of your 23 years of existence sometimes this week, you can be sure about that. :^:

(I'm turning 23 in 7 months, holy moly! You're older than me! Well, at least I have a twin. Damn older Nova Scotian girl.)

(I'll have to come up to Halifax one day. So we can paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarty! *mad breakdancing session*)

The One 52 on
    bigbosssig.gif
    The internet does not qualify as grounds where you can act like a bouquet of dick.
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Other places have [chat]s as well? Intriguing.

Hello arteests. I understand that this is one place to go for commissioning work. Hopefully I am right in this. Lambast me should I be wrong.

As my sig says, I am looking to commission three pieces of work. I have three friends and I would like to gift them each with a unique and original portrait of themselves. Standard 8" x 10" drawing. Nothing super detailed or anything, either full body or some sort of medium head shot. Don't require or expect any interesting background work behind the subject. I have a few pictures of each person that would be the basis for each piece of work. If more are required by the artist, I would try to take/acquire some more. Looking for either digital work, actually drawn/inked/whatever and then scanned, or a mailing of the original to me (I live in California). I'd prefer the last option (and would pay for shipping and handling), but will work with digital as well, just as long as the printed output comes out to a clean 8" x 10" picture. I'm setting the price at $15-$30 (depending on the quality of the work). I really have no idea if I'm high or lowballing with the price there, I've never done this before. I am open to negotiation on that.

If you're interested, PM me with a few examples you have done along with any questions you may have and I'll get back to you. Thanks!

*prays to several small tiki gods that I approached this correctly*

Edit:
    Price range raised to $50-60 with room for negotiation. Also, as far as art style goes, I'm not too picky. But I would prefer something that skews a little more to the realistic than to the comic.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    $15 to $30 is really low in term of prices, especially if there's 3 of them. If you're looking for cheap commission work, I'd suggest finding an artist friend, he'll maybe do it for that price range.
    I'm not being harsh or anything here, mind you: it's just that $15 to $30 ain't nothing. Maybe $40 to $50 per drawing would be a start, but even so... Then again, you say you want basic drawings. But I guess not that basic if it's a Christmas gift, it must be some sort of quality work with details, otherwise you would have draw them yourself.

I'd say go from $50 per drawing and upwards in term of price, then you'll get a response. But otherwise, I think (personally) that $15 to $30 is not enough. Really not.

The One 52 on
    bigbosssig.gif
    The internet does not qualify as grounds where you can act like a bouquet of dick.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    If anyone's up for a OC session, eat some Parsley and Meatballs with me.

Or send me a message via Steam: Steam id is Prospicience

I can do some hostin' if necessary

Prospicience on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Suggestion noted.

$50 is the new floor price.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2007
    I updated this again.
    http://bacon.iseenothing.com/tomfoolery/aimblog.html

I've started cannibalizing old chat threads for material, hopefully I haven't republished anything anybody would be willing to sue me over. Names have been abbreviated to protect the innocent.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm disappointed that we've never had a back and forth worthy of blogging.

in other news: http://www.ongein.nl/ongein/item.aspx?id=7067

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Actually, you are in there.

Other people who are in there:
    Virium, Grifter, Mr.E/MarsBaldersmash, Corgi, Edcrab, Greatnation, MagicToaster, NightDragon, Godfather, and Tweaked Bat

Of course, a lot of the time it's just one or two lines, so probably nobody here would even have remembered they said these things unless I told them about it.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oh, I found me. I just had to keep reading. sweet.

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm not a World of Wacraft player, but these commercials are so great. If only they could do one with Mr. T and the whole A-Team.

The One 52 on
    bigbosssig.gif
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh wow, I forgot about that toilet incident. I was really tiered that day!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Luckily, I've dredged up the event to prevent it from falling into obscurity, by immortalizing it someplace several million times more obscure than where you originally posted it.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The One 52 wrote: »
    I'm not a World of Wacraft player, but these commercials are so great. If only they could do one with Mr. T and the whole A-Team.

That would be awesome...no..EPIC. Mr.T and "The A-Guild"

Shiekahn_boy on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I updated this again.

I've started cannibalizing old chat threads for material, hopefully I haven't republished anything anybody would be willing to sue me over. Names have been abbreviated to protect the innocent.
    It surprises me that we never had a single conversation. Those makes me want to chat with you.

The One 52 on
    bigbosssig.gif
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What's this about OC

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Projeck wrote: »
    What's this about OC

I'm down for another session. If anyone wants to join you're welcome to get all Pre Menstrual Syndrome on Projeck or I.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    With All this OCin' going on, The sticky/thread for organizing them outta come back.

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    oh man iruka it would be rad face if you were to join

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wish I could. But My lappy is dead. If the OC trend continues though, I'll join with a fixed lappy in a couple weeks.

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    :( ok that's cool

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I updated this again.

It surprises me that we never had a single conversation. Those makes me want to chat with you.

Well, we probably have, just not in the last 3 chat threads here. Or on AIM, which is where the vast majority of these come from.

Or if we did, it wasn't entertaining and/or weird enough to qualify. Nothing personal, but some just people/subjects have the admittedly dubious fortune of being able to inspire me to crazy, sarcastic asshole-ness more easily than others. You are welcome to try, though. :D

Also note that many of these "conversations" tend to be less "conversations" and more "me ranting and raving about random bullshit while the person on the other end is either stunned into silence or bored out of their mind, I can never tell which."

I wish I could get OC working without having to disable my duel monitor setup, and then having to use the shittier of the two. :(

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I updated this again.

Well, we probably have, just not in the last 3 chat threads here. Or on AIM, which is where the vast majority of these come from.

Or if we did, it wasn't entertaining and/or weird enough to qualify. Nothing personal, but some just people/subjects have the admittedly dubious fortune of being able to inspire me to crazy, sarcastic asshole-ness more easily than others. You are welcome to try, though. :D

I wish I could get OC working without having to disable my duel monitor setup, and then having to use the shittier of the two. :(

That sucks, Hopefully same thing doesn't happen to me when I get my second monitor. Does it just not let you drag it over to the good monitor?

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I updated this again.

That sucks, Hopefully same thing doesn't happen to me when I get my second monitor. Does it just not let you drag it over to the good monitor?
    It's weird, whichever monitor I put it on, where the cursor is at and where it actually draws do not correlate, to the tune of several inches. Also odd is when I tried using it on my tablet pc, only one screen orientation worked correctly with it.

I guess thems just the breaks when using old, unsupported, buggy freeware programs, but it still kinda bites. I can't believe nobody has put anything better on the market yet.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That's really weird, Bacon. :/
    metrocat2.png

But in my opinion, openCanvas is simply wonderful.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    < Santa'd.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Noice!

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Chirst, I actually squealed alittle when I saw that at the top of the page. I'm I sucker for Christmas anything. This chat thread should probably have a Chatmas title, I dont think we'll get a new one before then.

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    AOB that is excellent. I now look forward to all holidays for your new avatars because halloween and now this... excellent.

Prospicience on
This discussion has been closed.