As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

top 10 things I did at pax

GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these daysRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited January 2006 in PAX Archive
Top ten things I did at pax

10. Got recognized by 16 different people I didnt know (this is not counting the people that I didnt recognize from the forums but was later informed on who they were)
9. Chilled with the turbine guys in a bar which got me a neat shirt for free and not one free drink but two.
8. Wore the shirt from #9 to the next day of pax which got me a free beta account (the rest of you suckers had to earn yours by winning a quest or diving for dice bags) and made some cool friends at turbine.
7. surprised borfase and futility with my arrival. the look on their faces alone was worth the price of the trip.
6. Hugged jordyn, for a long long time.
5. shot weaver in the face with a nerf bazooka then we broke said bazooka wrestling around (I saved the bazooka shard)
4. Shot munkus in the nuts and watched him roll around for 20 minutes.
3. Played the pirate game, rocked the fuck out of the over powered ship with my hunter ship. got a shirt and sat around making friends with the pirate guys.
2. Asked Gabe and Tycho who they thought would win in the epic battle between pirates and ninjas. This caused tycho to collapse on stage and gabe to yell at me for derailing his gravy train and said that I now owe him a favor. He then answered ninjas.
1. Kidnapped a random dude with nads and a couple other people. We were riding around in the elevator and the doors opened. I grabbed this one guy in the middle of a group of 3. weaver and nads held them back while we pulled him in and went up a few floors with their friend.

the guy was a good sport about it and they actually ended up partying with us later.

Grath on

• Options
    redstarpythonredstarpython Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    1.called in sick to work to stay the whole weekend
    2. drove around for two hours looking for a damn Denny's
    3. drank
    4. kicked ass on multiple fighting games
    5. spent 200 bucks at sweetkitty
    6. played kings with these cool guys on the ninth floor
    7. went swimming with a see-through tanktop
    8. played marvel vs. capcom on my buddies joystick board and everyone was jealous
    9. tripped down the escalador
    10. applied to be a frag doll

redstarpython on
  • Options
    jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    10 - Being totally owned in the pirate game because my opponent knew how to use chain shot on the first attack to RIP MY MASTS OFF AND RENDER ME INCAPABLE OF MANEUVERING. Good stuff.
    9 - All of the delicious swag.
    8 - Driving there/home with a complete stranger who also knew all the words to weird al and bran's freestyle.
    7 - Trying to break the coax protection lock on the hotel tv to be able to play SNES.
    6 - Being complimented on my katamari damacy skills.
    5 - Felt instant companionship when walking down the street and seeing someone with a white card dangling from their neck/shirt/pants.
    4 - Slept in a hotel room with four other nerds, only one of which I knew before Saturday.
    3 - Was entirely comfortable being myself.
    2 - Got called "Cleavage 3000" by MC Chris on the megaphone.
    1 - Decided to switch schools/majors in order to be closer to my brethren (coming Jan, 2006).

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    wow my thread is attractin' the womens.

Grath on
  • Options
    redstarpythonredstarpython Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    we must be attracted to lists

redstarpython on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    I'd say it's Grath.

He's a pimp.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    NightingaleNightingale Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Lists are awesome.

10. Introducing a friend to the fun of DDR.

9. The free Sno-Bawls.

8. Getting my Tex shirt signed by the RvB crew.

7. Being mistaken for Aerith/Aeris from FF7.

6. Drove around for an hour in Bellevue admiring the buildings and cars while complaining that they need more visible alcohol.

5. Playing Halo2 until I couldn't see straight.

4. Getting a chance to say hi to Valkyrie again and watch the Frag Dolls kick some ass.

3. Being asked for a hug O_O;

2. Dressing up as Yuna, then coming in to my old work still dressed up.

1. Trying to dress up one of the guys as Yuna.

Nightingale on
    finalnightsig.jpg
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I don't think I can make it to ten, simply because most of it seems like such a blur...I blame the Bawls.

1. Watching the final round of the Omegathon. I mean...1 point!!!
    2. Getting to ask Gabe and Tycho about 30 billion questions on stage (for those of you wondering, I asked them about the weirdest fan moment and moving back to Spokanistan).
    3. Seeing Gabe draw a Fruit Fucker and penetrated orange on stage.
    4. Winning not one, but two keys to D+D Online beta (only because somebody swiped my swag bag from the BYOC room). After that, yelling "Leeeerrooooooooy Jennnnnnkins!" while my friend was playing the D+D Online playtest.
    5. Free everything. T-shirts, bags of dice, Bawls, both regular and Sno, hats, flashlights.
    6. Standing line on opening day hearing reports from people that the Dairy Queen had already been raped before the doors opened.
    7. Leaving for Taco Time at 8PM Sat and coming back a half hour later to find the concert line went all the way across the 520 and into Seattle.
    8. Sneaking into the concert line like an epic rogue (I deserved it though, I rolled a 20).
    9. Wanting to burn down every frat house and preppy clothign stores from here to the Pacific after hearing MC Chris.
    10. Falling on my ass in the VirtuaSphere. Goddamn that was disorienting.
    11. The fine women I got to look at while thinking that one of them might kick my ass at a few games.
    12. Actually spending less time than I usually do on my computer.
    13. Being able to toss around esoteric references and not have to explain myself (to the 2-3 people who knew what I meant when I jokingly suggested "Custer's Revenge" would be the last round of the Omegathon, thanks).
    14. Knowing that if I had asked Gabe and Tycho to sign my forehead, not only would I not be the weirdest fan (see #2), but I would've gotten some "mad props", as the kids say these days, apparently.
    15. Getting my camera back on day 3. Especially since it wasn't actually my camera.

Ok, I made it to 15. I guess I'm like the guys who had "3 questions with an intro".

jenelle, does this mean you've seen the light and decided to come to the UW? If so, I must show you what all the light side of the force has to offer. If not, at least you're getting out of Pullman. Look at what happened to Gabe and Tycho after they did the same thing.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2005
    Grath wrote:
    3. Played the pirate game, rocked the fuck out of the over powered ship with my hunter ship. got a shirt and sat around making friends with the pirate guys.
    2. Asked Gabe and Tycho who they thought would win in the epic battle between pirates and ninjas. This caused tycho to collapse on stage and gabe to yell at me for derailing his gravy train and said that I now owe him a favor. He then answered ninjas.
    Nobody ever asked me if Pirates of the Burning Sea had ninjas in it. I kept expecting it.

I even added ninjas to the game just before PAX so I could answer 'yes'.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    isildur wrote:
    Grath wrote:
    Nobody ever asked me if Pirates of the Burning Sea had ninjas in it. I kept expecting it.

Awesome.

Were you the guy I talked to about the Character Concept Art?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Hell if I know. I was a sponsor from 9 to 6 and then an enforcer from 8 to 2AM. So I don't really remember much.

I was the short-ish guy with the unkempt long hair and the unkempt goatee.

Top ten things I did:

1. Hung out with a cool new friend at the Turbine party.
    2. Played Betrayal at House on the Hill while doing tabletop enforcer duty. It turns out that game rocks.
    3. Demonstrated that whichever person I was helping at the PotBS PvP stations would win every time.
    4. Spotted 'Deadly Towers' in the Omega Prize, and reminisced about that evil fucking game.
    5. Talked to people about PotBS, and every single person was 'OMG this is going to rock'.
    6. D&D geeked with other enforcers while the D&D Duels were going on.
    7. Got the hell out of there, went to Rock Bottom Brewery for lunch, drank their tasty wheat beer, got tipsy, headed back and went on-shift as an enforcer with a kind of pleasant buzz.
    8. Went out to the Melting Pot with my girl for dinner Sunday, got stuffed, nearly passed out at the table from exhaustion.
    9. Slept on Saturday night.
    10. Slept on Sunday night.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    tmonkeytmonkey Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    isildur wrote:

Yes, but does it have Monkeys and Robots?

tmonkey on
  • Options
    Seth410Seth410 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    10. Getting a ride in from Sea-Tac from my new friend Clinton.
    9. Getting a copy of the 05 program booklet a day in advance. (not all ninjas wear black)
    8. (Bears comeback victory, Go Kyle Orton! Go Boilers!)
    7. Warm cookies at check-in.
    6. "And Kent, STOP PLAYING WITH YOURSELF!"
    5. Free d20!!!!!!!!
    4. Burnout 3 on the GTA Bus.
    3. The 2nd coming of 520.
    2. Finally knowing that someone read me Gamespot article and even liked it! And then it got even better!!!!
    1. "I know you’re not taking requests, but it would me a lot to me if you can make that a bacon cheese burger." At it was done.

Seth410 on
    Member of Room 520 (04)/512 (05) ...and then some other rooms in 06 and 07, I lost track.
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited August 2005
    #10: Having my boss's laptop computer die...he hunted me down at the event. Oh yea, this occured at about 2:05 on Friday, JUST as I was trying to make sure everything was ready for the masses.

#9: Having Rae chew me out. (I am innocent!)

#8: Chewing Rae out. (Oh, she deserved it!)

#7: Having to climb and digging through a mountain of boxes trying to find the ones I needed which were, of course, in the very back corner at the very bottom of about a 15 foot pile....all while Gabe and Tycho were doing a QA session with one of the two projectors perilously close. I was CONVINCED I was going to collapse the mountain of boxes, knock the projector over (breaking it in the process), and quite possibly destroy the planet.

#6: Compeletly losing my voice about half way through the event proving that I am, in fact, a massive pansy with every word I desperately tried to send out in the world only for it to pathetically wither and die as though the atmosphere was composed of Death Vapor. Trying to use the radio was especially fun. I'm convinced I was the laughing stock of channel 10.

#5: Sunday night after 2.5 days of just enough sleep to tease and torment me, when I got to the hotel and in my room I tried taking my pants off while I was standing and literally fell on my ass. I could hardly walk at this point.

#4: In bed trying to get to sleep on Friday night, whenever I would close my eyes I would hear constant radio beeps and senseless chatter. I still have no rational explanation for this, however I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I'm completely insane.

#3: Finally being able to peruse the exhibition hall and seeing the next Zelda game in action. (Okay, I probably spent as much time watching Mario Soccer, although I'm mildly ashamed to admit it).

#2: Catching 5 minutes of the Minibosses on the tv outside the computer area and trying to seperate their audio stream with that of the mind-numbingly annoying (to listen to for 3 days straight) guitar arcade game.

#1: I actually had someone go out of their way to tell me that they were "really impressed" with how organized the Warcraft3 tournament was. I re-heeely don't like running tournaments and I desperately tried to pawn it off on someone else, but that truly genuine compliment made the tournament probably the single most rewarding experience of my PAX involvement.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    end3rend3r Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    DiscoDave wrote:
    #10: Having my boss's laptop computer die...he hunted me down at the event. Oh yea, this occured at about 2:05 on Friday, JUST as I was trying to make sure everything was ready for the masses.

#9: Having Rae chew me out. (I am innocent!)

#8: Chewing Rae out. (Oh, she deserved it!)

#7: Having to climb and digging through a mountain of boxes trying to find the ones I needed which were, of course, in the very back corner at the very bottom of about a 15 foot pile....all while Gabe and Tycho were doing a QA session with one of the two projectors perilously close. I was CONVINCED I was going to collapse the mountain of boxes, knock the projector over (breaking it in the process), and quite possibly destroy the planet.

#6: Compeletly losing my voice about half way through the event proving that I am, in fact, a massive pansy with every word I desperately tried to send out in the world only for it to pathetically wither and die as though the atmosphere was composed of Death Vapor. Trying to use the radio was especially fun. I'm convinced I was the laughing stock of channel 10.

#5: Sunday night after 2.5 days of just enough sleep to tease and torment me, when I got to the hotel and in my room I tried taking my pants off while I was standing and literally fell on my ass. I could hardly walk at this point.

#4: In bed trying to get to sleep on Friday night, whenever I would close my eyes I would hear constant radio beeps and senseless chatter. I still have no rational explanation for this, however I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I'm completely insane.

#3: Finally being able to peruse the exhibition hall and seeing the next Zelda game in action. (Okay, I probably spent as much time watching Mario Soccer, although I'm mildly ashamed to admit it).

#2: Catching 5 minutes of the Minibosses on the tv outside the computer area and trying to seperate their audio stream with that of the mind-numbingly annoying (to listen to for 3 days straight) guitar arcade game.

#1: I actually had someone go out of their way to tell me that they were "really impressed" with how organized the Warcraft3 tournament was. I re-heeely don't like running tournaments and I desperately tried to pawn it off on someone else, but that truly genuine compliment made the tournament probably the single most rewarding experience of my PAX involvement.

Don't forget finding out SUNDAY that you've been sitting next to two guys you've known for YEARS in the BYOC room for the last two days....

end3r on
    I was told there would be no math....
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    10. Got my ass kicked in the D&D figher duels

9. T5'd the mtg tourney

8. Rocked out to MC Frontalot and then to the Minibosses

7. Introduced Tycho to Hecatomb

6. Accidentally got into PAX 2 hours early on Friday (elevators). No one even gave us a second glance, though we just went outside anyway.

5. Tried an asswad of awesome tabletop games

4. Cheered myself mute at the last round of Omegathon (4 rounds!!!, I seriously expected a 5th)

3. Partied a bit at the DoubleTree. Ironman Paper Rock Scissors was hilarious to watch

2. Saw Monday's comic being made live

1. Ironically choosing random when I played on stage against the pro for SC2. I'd only played Soul Calibur once in my life and I decided to get in line. Learned some of the controls from a nice guy in line and proceeded to get my ass handed to me. At least I didn't get perfected, heh.

W00t PAX!!!

What an amazing time! Counting down to '06....

Unknown User on
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    1. hung out with mah homies
    2. went to pax
    3. asked a question at every pannel
    4. trolling pictochat
    5. drank a lot
    6. nerf
    7. talked with people on the phone who i wish went to pax
    8. the observing of and making fun of the socially awkward
    9. listening to others do the same as I made fun of them
    10. trying to unsuccessfuly follow khoo around

futility on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    10. Calling in sick so i could stay for Sunday
    9. Finding Free Parking On Sunday, so as not to spend another $14
    8. Winning a copy of Ghost Recon 2 SS from the Frag Dolls
    7. Winning a copy of Splinter Cell 3 from the Frag Dolls
    6. Finding someone to play advance wars ds with before pax started on sunday
    5. Meeting up with people i have been chatting with for past month
    4. Going out to dinner with same people and frag dolls/*Katscratch taking a photo of me playing ds while my brand new psp was sitting idoly by
    3. Picking up a random stalker to follow us into Valkyrie and Seppukus room and then stay for the movie.......................................
    2. Winning a PSP and Lumines in the Ghost Recon 2 Tournament

1. All of the reminising of pax and the gigabytes of photos and videos that are inevitably coming

me_and_my_psp...and_ds.jpg

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    10. Rode up/down on the supertrip ("I'm in Ur base, eating ur funnel cakes!")
    9. M.C. Chris, and I don't even like Hip-Hop.
    8. The Bawls Buzz (after 4+ bottles)
    7. Learning to play Warmachine
    6. Making a supervillain pose and cackling every time I rode up the Doubletree's glass elevators.
    5. Running into, and greeting, Mike's parents.
    4. Acquiring a Cthulhu plushie.
    3. Getting buzzed by the recruiters after headshotting every target in the AA demo a bunch of times.
    2. Raiding the Dairy Queen at 10:30 A.M., along with 300 other PAXers.
    1. Finding a piece of a broken Bawls bottle exactly on the spot where I'd left it at Pax '04, on the sidewalk between the Doubletree and the Meydenbauer. This was Friday morning before opening. I polished it, and set it back down.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    I didn't do much socializing. Too busy with tourneys. However...
    1) The Video Game Pianist and my friend thinking EVERY SONG was Castlevania, when he in fact, never played Castlevania, which was hilarious to my group.
    2) MC Chris looking like that. I had a mental image and that was most definitely NOT IT. But he rocked.
    3) Playing on the Console Tourney stage in the Double Dash finals, although we got 7th, at least it wasn't 8th!
    4) Destroying our opponent first round in CS, making the Boom Chickens a known team to all, and then promptly losing in the second round because we are all silly bitches.
    5) Watching Tycho and Gabe making Monday's comic, that was awesome.
    6) KATAMARI DAMACY!
    7) Telling Kevin from Attack of the Show that I heart his show.
    8) Noise Complaints and bizarreness galore in our lovely hotel in Redmond.
    9) The magical bond that was formed over yelling loudly about the same video games.
    10) Realizing that I secretly rock at all video games, as I advanced in 5 tourneys! Redemption in my skills! Yes! And I even skipped the SC2 tourney, Maxi and I woulda went all the way in that!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    NadsNads Bob Ducca Asleep in a cul-de-sac.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    Grath wrote:
    1. Kidnapped a random dude with nads and a couple other people. We were riding around in the elevator and the doors opened. I grabbed this one guy in the middle of a group of 3. weaver and nads held them back while we pulled him in and went up a few floors with their friend.

We were a fucking awesome team.

Nads on
    3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    10) Acquiring almost every breed of Nintendog in existence.

9) Training an Omeganaut to backseat in Mario Kart. I figured I could secure a portion of the loot if he won, but I think he got smoked in the Kareoke game.

8) Coming in third place in the Mario Kart tourney. Sure as hell made up for my disappointing loss last year, in which people I trained beforehand beat me up.

7) Referring to everyone by their internet names. That was truly an experience. It was like X-men, in which names chosen by the individual which most describes his or her ability/personality is preferred over their birth names.

6) Bawls.

5) Pictochatting during like, every panel and concert.

4) Did anyone see that Meydenbauer security guard break it down on the DDR machine? I mean, he's not even officially in PAX, but his moves put all the other dancers to shame.

3) I am the lady with the Triforce earrings. I sold a few more Triforces and a Mario necklace, which helped pay for my Bawls addiction.

2) The Omegathon final round, despite the simplicity of Tank, was absolutely riveting. I'm sure I don't need to recite the scores here, but the droning sound of the tanks moving drilled its way into my consciousness, and the technical difficulty threatening to destroy both tanks almost seemed like divine intervention.

1) The Nintendo booth! Hats and flashlights were flowing from its warm womb like water from a broken dam! Twilight Princess (although I felt its graphics were a bit skewed from the long TV)! Mario Strikers! Mario Kart DS! Fire Emblem! Metroid Hunters! I held a Gameboy Micro in these unworthy, mortal hands of mine, and they were blessed because of it!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited August 2005
    end3r wrote:
    Don't forget finding out SUNDAY that you've been sitting next to two guys you've known for YEARS in the BYOC room for the last two days....
    It is now! I still can't believe they didn't say anything to me. But I understand....I was probably only at my computer for 2-3 hours total for the entire event, and I wasn't really in a position to chat for half of that.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    isildur wrote:
    Grath wrote:

:o
    I wanted to ask you about ninjas but i was afraid id get keelhaul'd
    I currently am Flying my pirate flag high. Its on my computer now and i even put a fan by it so that it looks cooler.

Grath on
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    10) Playing Bomberman DS for the first time with 5 people (only two of which that I could see).
    9) Trying out Konga Bongas and Katamari Damacy in freeplay.
    8. Seeing the Omegathon prize and that huge sphere in the Exhibition room.
    7) Panel attending.
    6) BAWLS
    5) Rolling a 20 after MC Frontalot said to me "Roll a 20 and win a demo CD".
    4) Hung out with this cool guy I had met earlier who had turned out to be an Enforcer. I think I might volunteer next year.
    3) Doing pretty well in the Smash Bros tournament. The guy who beat me was awesome. He could guard and then grab so quickly. I knew I didn't have a chance.
    2) Rocking along to MC Frontalot.
    1) Watching my Double Dash partner (who never played until I trained him to be my back seat driver 3 weeks ago) throw an item box forward miraculously at the kart in front of us (the guy who came in 2nd last year was in that kart). That was magic.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    arithenaarithena Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    10. Birthday dinner and then karaoke with all forumers on thursday night
    9. Twilight Princess, oh GOD Twilight Princess
    8. Babbling incoherantly at the RvB guys during a slow moment
    7. Hanging with Enforcers and Tycho after hours in the hotel parking lot and being told by multiple sources to go to bed (I didnt even realize how fucking tired I was, but I really must have looked it)
    6. Experiencing Whippy kissing Tycho and Tycho's reaction.
    5. "Ok, last picture! Everybody grab my boobs!!"
    4. Dancing at the concert then turning to see a camera pointed directly at me with a grinning cameraman behind it
    3. "I dont dial 911"
    2. Whippy :winky:
    1. Giving the Leviathan Plushie that I made to Mike and Jerry at the first panel in front of the whole crowd.

arithena on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    1) Winning 2nd place in the Double Dask Tournament...It'll be 1st next year ;)
    2) Zelda! Looks freakin' awesome
    3) PA Panels. Gabe and Tycho appear amazingly comfortable on stage, despite the often shyness associated with gaming culture
    4) Mario Strikers (Soccer), amazingly addictive and fun
    5) Red VS Blue Panel, though the Q&A dragged at times. What was with that chick who not only brought everyone she ever knew, but explained to the audience who they were one-by-one? Ugh.
    6) Picto-Chat! No matter where you were, there were at least a half-dozen people chatting at any given time, if not more. It was great logging in turning Mc Chris to chat with a whole bunch of like-minded people. Als, you could almost always find at least 1 game being shared wirelessly, which was tight.
    7) Neskimos/Minibosses - They would be higher, but I didn't play many songs I knew, though F-Zero, Mario and Zelda were wicked sweet.
    8) Omegathon Final Round - Awesome
    9) Omegathon Karaoke - A very fun and unexpected diversion
    10) The Wizard - Sure, I saw it last year, and it's a really bad movie, but hearing the entire theater boo the bad guy made it worth while.

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    Lists are awesome.

2. Dressing up as Yuna, then coming in to my old work still dressed up.

:O I totally saw you!

Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    10. I got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too drunk
    9. I peed off the 10th floor balcony of the Doubletree (see number 10)
    8. I stole a bunch of newspapers (see number 10)
    7. I inadvertently set off the alarm in the elevator of the Doubletree (again, see number 10)
    6. I foiled the plans of the CDV guys because they didn't realize I speak excellent German (thus could understand their strategies that they so foolishly offerred up to the public auf deutsch).
    5. I had dinner and drinks with developers of games I enjoy.
    4. I made fun of larpers. Losers.
    3. I made fun of cosplaers. Losers.
    2. I avoided the joint mind-control scheme between the US Army and nvidia.
    1. I had a wonderfully awesome weekend.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Storm ShadowStorm Shadow Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    10. Sweet Kitty. I just love saying that.
    <.<
    >.>
    sweet kitty

9. Won alot of nice schwag including a nice AD&D book and a bunch of stuff for my girlfriend. It was like a post-modern nerd carnival.
    8. Lumines tournament on Saturday--I gave away a pretty sweet PSP stand that I had fashioned with my own bare hands and the final match was incredible.
    7. Watching the FragDolls pwn at GR2.
    6. Hanging out with Team Fucking Huge.
    5. Taking our friends from New Zealand up to PAX on one of the most beautiful scenic drives in the USA from SF to Seattle.
    4. Learning the Almost-Punch-You-In-The-Nuts game from Porkfry. In a word: Awesome.
    3. Got to the finals in the CS:S tourney with my brother Tom, even though no one but me had played Source before.
    2. PorkFry Tacos with the RvB guys while listening to old tales of the Upstairs Crew. I laughed so hard that I cried.
    1. Defending our Battlefield Belt and winning 1st in the BF2 tournament again.

see you guys next year--meeting everyone and hanging out with PA fans is the real #1 thing I did at PAX. You guys fucking rule.

Storm Shadow on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Grath wrote:
    8. Wore the shirt from #9 to the next day of pax which got me a free beta account (the rest of you suckers had to earn yours by winning a quest or diving for dice bags) and made some cool friends at turbine.

You know, a person I roomed with said he got a beta invite by wearing his D&DO shirt to the turbine booth, but I did, and asked about beta invites and they said you HAD to do the demo to get one... Granted, I already had caught one in a dice bag, and later did the demo anyways... so, I got two... Now I get extra entertainment by watching my friends fight over the extra...

My top 10...

The concert!
    The Turbine party!
    Thursday night in the ballroom!
    The look on my roomies face!

10. Matt's Famous Chili Dogs are fucking awesome. I ate their a couple times this year, and Matt is deffinatly not an idiot... I want them to get up and move to southern california damnit.
    9. After-PAX Dinner sunday night with a group at the Taphouse, followed by chilling at the bar at the Doubletree for a few hours, and Segway'ing in the double tree hallways...
    8. Penny Arcade panel #1, I WILL FUCK YOUR DOGS!
    7. Double Dash tournament, even though we didnt make it past the first round this year(God damned fake box landing right on our heads while we were in first) It was still damn entertaining watching the finals, especially with the last race being the same as last years.
    6. Nintendo's booth fucking rocked, Super Mario Strikers was surprisingly fun, Mario Kart DS was fantastic, and the new Metroid Prime: Hunters demo was a massive improvement over the free one that came with the DS. I just wish I couldve played some Zelda...
    5. Scored two D&D Online beta invites!
    4. Thursday night in the Doubletree Ballrooms, playing some Bomberman DS multiplayer, getting some Carassonne on, and watching Real Genius.
    3. The turbine party was fantastic. Free Booze, Free Shirts, and Entertainment are a great combination... Some of the Deck of Not So Many Things were pretty damned funny.
    2. The Concert saturday night rocked all kinds of ass, MC Chris may not do shows often, or ever, but had I not known that before I certainly wouldnt have believed it after the show, awesome shit.
    1. The look on my roomies face when I told him why I bought the World of Warcraft RPG book in the Exhibition hall... Some people in a guild im in on WoW want to start up a campaign, while in WoW... Hey, it even has a built in /random function for dice rolling!

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    10: Getting to actually do stuff in the exhibition hall this year
    9: Walking away with free stuff (last year, they ran out by the time I got there)
    8: Meeting lots of gamer types, always fun as I am something of a recluse
    7: Playing BF2 for my first time, and with only 20 minutes under my belt, getting invited to a tourney
    6: Beating the first round of above tourney with our group of random strangers (well we got crushed in round 2, but that was still better than I was expecting)
    5: Very friendly Enforcer types who were fun to hang out with, talk to and play games with
    4: Drooling over upcoming MMO's I have no time to play, why must they be so tempting, WHY?!
    3: Having a nice long discussion with one of the Turbine guys whose name I already forgot (I am fucking awful with names)
    2: Being introduced to Betrayal at House On Top of the Hill. Such a fun board game
    1: Of all the games of the above mentioned game I played. The best was one I played on saturday (pretty sure it was saturday), was one intense game. Had a pretty cool haunt, game lasted quite awhile, and at the end it would be decided one way or the other by a single dice roll (I won, but mostly because my opponant fumbled his roll, if I'd fumbled mine, I'd probably have lost). Best of the bunch I played for sure (they were all fun though).

Stuff to do next year:
    - Play more electronic games
    - Get into more tournies, dunno why I have such an aversion to them
    - Try and actually meet Gabe and/or Tycho. This year and last I saw them here and there, but they always seemed far too busy so I left them alone.
    - Try and remember the names of people I met the previous year (met one guy I met last year, felt bad I never could remember his name)
    - Make my swag run earlier so I miss out on less stuff
    - Organize schedule better to maximize attendance and reduce downtime (i.e. don't stay up all night before the big day of the con)
    - Remember to bring trackball since I hate mice (think they were letting folks do that, well not like the thing is heavy or something so even if they say no, it's no biggy)

Yoshua on
  • Options
    SlartiSlarti Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    6. I foiled the plans of the CDV guys because they didn't realize I speak excellent German (thus could understand their strategies that they so foolishly offerred up to the public auf deutsch).

You'll neeed to proove that. As the resident board german I can't just let that pass...

Slarti on
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    "You'll neeed to proove that. As the resident board german I can't just let that pass..."

Is this a challenge?

-Erik

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SlartiSlarti Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    "You'll neeed to proove that. As the resident board german I can't just let that pass..."

Is this a challenge?

-Erik

I don't know.. it prolly is...

Slarti on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    10. Meeting back up with the old Nerd herd from vashon.
    9.Watching the first several people destroy the 'pros'
    8.Searching the forums with the Mods trying to find jailable offences while drunk at the party.
    7.Everyone staring at my tie.
    6.The bawls.
    5.Meeting up with Nightingale and Jason
    4.Watching Gus go at that beer hat.
    3.Apparently I'm gay, because I knew most of the girls :lol:
    2.Awesome concerts!
    1.Meeting Trilllian :winky:

Shade on
  • Options
    bionicbionic Washington StateRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    10. Being told that my painting was perfect on my Cannoness' cloak, then getting a bunch of excellent painting tips

9. Pictochatting for the first time

8. Unlocking dogs in Nintendogs by meeting new people

7. Drinking Bawls for the first time

6. Meeting Tycho and getting a picture

5. Getting my DS signed by Gabe, Tycho and MCFrontalot

4. Meeting MCFrontalot and then seeing MCFrontalot in concert

3. Recieving an "after party invite" to room 512 as I was getting onto the Gamer bus

2. Winning the very first never-going-to-be-made-again handmade demo from MCFrontalot by successfully rolling 2d20 in a specific combination

1. Playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess <3

bionic on
  • Options
    SphyxSphyx Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    10. The red-headed guy who manned the BYOC table outside the entrance and his amazing vibrating chair.
    9. Being able to broadcast Puyo Pop on the DS and have all of the free slots fill immediately.
    8. The impromptu Nintendo laser light dancing on the furthest wall during the concert.
    7. Where the idea for Fruit Fucker came from.
    6. The Minibosses performing the underwater level of Super Mario 2 and everyone swaying back and forth like seaweed.
    5. Ironman Rock Paper Scissors, and the debate over whether a girl was 16 or 18 when she was really 24.
    4. Denny's at 6am with my hotel room buddies and three guys I had just met in the unofficial hall party at the Doubletree.
    3. Pictochatting: drawing penises, catgirls and editing other people's pictures to add penises and catgirls.
    2. Playing UT2k4 for the first time ever with all the guys in BYOC and not getting last place except for once.
    1. All of the cool people I got to hang out with, and not a single one of them hit on me once. <3

Sphyx on
    I was the blue-haired girl at PAX 2005.
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    Slarti wrote:
    Is this a challenge?

I don't know.. it prolly is...

So how are we going to go about proving this?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Desert ThunderDesert Thunder Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    10. Playing the demo of the Penny Arcade card game and pretending I had the slightest clue what was going on. (Ha!)
    9. Losing my MMO virginity to Lineage II at the NCsoft booth.
    8. Asking Gabe and Tycho whether they preferred Megatron or Galvatron.
    7. Playing DDR for the first time.
    6. Getting a free Dungeons & Dragons Online shirt for handing some guy a Nerf bazooka.
    5. Sno Bawls. That stuff was the shit.
    4. (Sort of) meeting MC Chris.
    3. Getting my program signed by Red vs. Blue, Aoineko, Gabe and Tycho, both MCs, 4/5ths of the NESkimos and the bassist from Optimus Rhyme.
    2. Finding out that there are in fact many other people like me out there in this world.
    1. MEATBALL SUB SANDWICHES.

Desert Thunder on
    I'm gonna build a stepfather factory.
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Sphyx wrote:
    10. The red-headed guy who manned the BYOC table outside the entrance and his amazing vibrating chair.

OH CMON!

I only made #10?

PFFFT

Wait until Chair v3.0 at next pax :D

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
This discussion has been closed.