As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

When will the G4 story air?

ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited September 2005 in PAX Archive
I have no idea when to watch. I hope they include the interview they did with me.

IWBRLjC.png
ElderCat on

• Options
    Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    It's cool that you got interviewed, but didn't it feel kinda awkward being interviewed by G4, especially by that guy? Given how much of a douche he is?

I wanted to yell G4 sucks while walking by him, but I was too polite.

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Yes, it felt very awkward to be interviewed. But I have no idea about the guy aside from occasionally watching G4. It was just awkward in general.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    oh, that would be all sorts of awesomeness.

i can just see it now...

anyway, he'll probably air it later this week or next week, seeing as it ended yesterday

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    cyraxwinscyraxwins Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
  • Options
    XieflowXieflow Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    attack of the show was there? Damn. I watch that show all the time, would've been cool to see some of them.

Xieflow on
  • Options
    cyraxwinscyraxwins Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    I was the guy getting people to do retarted shit for Bawls.

Keep an eye out for me on the show, for I got kevin to do something pretty funny.

cyraxwins on
    style7,Cyrax-spc-Motherfucker.png
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    I wonder when 1up.com and GameTrailers.com are going to post their stuff up...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    omg one of the guys from the new g4 version of the good tech tv show that used to be tss spoke at the pitch your own game panel

he pitched a game about being him

i didn't know if he was joking or serious

futility on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Um...I know this might sound weird, but did anyone see Kevin Pereira holding a large rubber phallus throughout the expo?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Seth410Seth410 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Just saw that it will be on Tomorrow’s (Wed.) Attack Of The Show (there's nothing else on between Simpsons reruns and House.

Seth410 on
    Member of Room 520 (04)/512 (05) ...and then some other rooms in 06 and 07, I lost track.
  • Options
    FrodoelfFrodoelf Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    What an awful network and an even awfuler host. Someone should have spat on him. Being on attack of the show is just plain bad publicity.

Frodoelf on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    Frodoelf wrote:
    What an awful network and an even awfuler host. Someone should have spat on him. Being on attack of the show is just plain bad publicity.

There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Legacy on
  • Options
    JinxJinx Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    i pushed kevin pareira and he fell into a chair some guy was sitting in. oops.

Jinx on
    The Guitar Zeros << My friend's rad band that everyone should <3
    linkstick.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Jinx FD wrote:

*swoon*

futility on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    during our interview.

<3 futility. i so met you.

Jinx on
    linkstick.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    omg we did so meet each other. and we talked about nintendogs for briefly
    though not really just sort of
    and i still need to get that game

futility on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    ^5

Jinx on
    linkstick.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    high five to you too?

futility on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    Frodoelf wrote:

Srsly.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    omoshiroiomoshiroi Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    Frodoelf wrote:

Congratulations on not being a fat chick the G4 guy bullied into doing jumping jacks and pushups. There IS such thing as bad publicity, even if it makes GREAT tv.

omoshiroi on
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Jinx FD wrote:

did you push him intentionally? or not? either way, don't feel sorry. G4 is not "one of us"

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    FrodoelfFrodoelf Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Moriveth wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Frodoelf wrote:

Srsly.
    ]]

"The Whip Set" gets commercials all the time on G4. Does that mean more people watch it? No. If PA starts being seen as all chummy with G4 it will kill actual fans' respect for them. That is bad publicity.

Frodoelf on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Frodoelf wrote:
    Moriveth wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Frodoelf wrote:

Srsly.
    ]]

"The Whip Set" gets commercials all the time on G4. Does that mean more people watch it? No. If PA starts being seen as all chummy with G4 it will kill actual fans' respect for them. That is bad publicity.

Meh.

I could care less which people notice PA. Just because they were at PAX(A public gaming convention), doesn't mean that they're 'all chummy' together. And even if they were, it wouldn't change PA any.

If PA started to change because of them...then there'd be a problem.

Legacy on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited August 2005
    we get the feeling G4 will cut most of Gabe and Tycho's interview, because the majority of it was them ripping on G4. But Kevin started it- his first question was "so when you started your art was really BAD... but now it's mediocre- what do you attribute to this?"

So then the guys started going to town on him.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    tmonkeytmonkey Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    is there a way we can get that complete interview on the DVD? I'd pay extra for that!

tmonkey on
  • Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    No kidding and after watching both panels I am sure Gabe and Tycho didn't leave much left of Kevin.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    davertrondavertron Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Ugh, Kevin Per-who-gives-a-fuck is such a douche. I remember the dude on the "Pitch Your Game Idea" panel totally dissed him in front of everybody. He said something like "Is Sarah Lane here, I'd much rather talk to her." and then later something like "I don't think you're the right person to use for marketing your game..." or something to that effect. God, I hate g4 and I hate Kevin P. even more, and I'd definitely love to see any footage of him getting razzed on the DVD.

davertron on
    davertron.png
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    They usually air conventions/expos in parts, so don't expect everything to be shown today. They'll probably stretch it out into 5 minute clips a day until the end of the week or something.

Lux on
  • Options
    Mike FehlauerMike Fehlauer Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    we get the feeling G4 will cut most of Gabe and Tycho's interview, because the majority of it was them ripping on G4. But Kevin started it- his first question was "so when you started your art was really BAD... but now it's mediocre- what do you attribute to this?"

So then the guys started going to town on him.

My favorite part of the interview is when the guy asks "So, what do you see for the future?" and Jerry replies with "You, being sodomized. By rabid boars."

Yeah, for some reason I doubt they'll include that bit in the broadcast version.

-Mike

Mike Fehlauer on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Where did you guys see this interview? I'm assuming you were just there when it was going on and this is not available for all of our viewing pleasure, but I'd be very happy to be wrong...

davertron on
    davertron.png
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited August 2005
    My favorite part of the interview is when the guy asks "So, what do you see for the future?" and Jerry replies with "You, being sodomized. By rabid boars."
    roflofloflofloflfofl

David Coffman on
  • Options
    Mike FehlauerMike Fehlauer Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    davertron wrote:
    Where did you guys see this interview? I'm assuming you were just there when it was going on and this is not available for all of our viewing pleasure, but I'd be very happy to be wrong...

I was there in the room with them--one of my jobs is wrangling media for PA. G&T weren't too happy with me after the G4 thing, but I figured it was a good chance to expose G4 viewers to something cool: PAX.

I know that the community has issues with G4 but the fact that they were there at all says to me that they're at least willing to to try to cover events that we actually care about. They were also there for us for Child's Play. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and do what I can to improve the channel.

-Mike

Mike Fehlauer on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    davertron wrote:

I was there in the room with them--one of my jobs is wrangling media for PA. G&T weren't too happy with me after the G4 thing, but I figured it was a good chance to expose G4 viewers to something cool: PAX.

I know that the community has issues with G4 but the fact that they were there at all says to me that they're at least willing to to try to cover events that we actually care about. They were also there for us for Child's Play. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and do what I can to improve the channel.

-Mike

That show, at least, covers a lot of big name conventions. Quakecon, SDCC, etc. They're not brain dead as we'd like them to be. Don't know what's up with the interview though.

Lux on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    In case anyone cares, its on RIGHT NOW! So far its just been a PSP game review and they shared a thread from their forum on the air... how dull.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Lux wrote:
    They usually air conventions/expos in parts, so don't expect everything to be shown today. They'll probably stretch it out into 5 minute clips a day until the end of the week or something.

Yup thats exactly what they are doing.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    It's going to be at least a 2 part story. Part 2, where they interview G&T is tomorrow.

Today, they just briefly ran down everything. It was more of a skit, really.

Lux on
  • Options
    Lazyboy013086Lazyboy013086 Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    so i just watched it and ....

"i know they are letting anyone have a convention now" - Kevin Pershutthefuckup

i saw him at the expo and between that and the segment right now i can say that he is a dick. although now I gota watch tomorrow for the interivew with Gabe and Tycho.

Lazyboy013086 on
    I'm watching you like Celery, yeah i'm stalking...lol.
  • Options
    SonicDashSonicDash Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Wow you guys and your video game party are WAY TO KOOL 4 HIM LOL GUESS YOU SHOWED HIM

Kevin is an alright guy but G4 does suck satans cock

dont see why you have to rip on pererra

SonicDash on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    SonicDash wrote:
    Wow you guys and your video game party are WAY TO KOOL 4 HIM LOL GUESS YOU SHOWED HIM

Kevin is an alright guy but G4 does suck satans cock

dont see why you have to rip on pererra

God, I can't stand him! He's such a tool! He tries to play this whole "I'm a dork, just like you guys!" kinda gig but really he's just a freakin' douche. He's the kind of guy that would totally change himself to fit in with whatever crowd he's currently with. "Cable Television Darling"...need I say more?

davertron on
    davertron.png
  • Options
    SonicDashSonicDash Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    i suppose he is kind of a tool

I mean he is smarmy times five thousand

SonicDash on