As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crayon Physics

tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Games and Technology
This is game of the year material. Crayon Physics Deluxe.

The game is not available yet but there's also the original crayon physics here. But it's not very much fun. All you can draw are boxes. No hinges, cars or simple lines.

This seems to be the official page for Crayon Physics Deluxe. Hopefully there'll be a game on soon.

So. I submit that this game is shit-hot and someone needs to hire this guy to make it for the DS and/or Wii.

Wii Code:
0431-6094-6446-7088
tarnok on

• Options
    DeswaDeswa Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    While the regular isnt as awesome looking, the music makes up for it.

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
    "It ain't rape, it's surprise sex!"
    wii : 3788 3264 2419 8070
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wow, that's awesome. Does seem like a perfect fit for Wii Ware, too.

bruin on
  • Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Color me impressed.

Nimble Cat on
  • Options
    SmashismSmashism Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This looks insanely fun. I wish I had a tablet pc.

Smashism on
  • Options
    DeswaDeswa Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You can play it on a normal computer, its just being demonstrated on a tablet.

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
    "It ain't rape, it's surprise sex!"
    wii : 3788 3264 2419 8070
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh man, that is so sexy.

I tried the original game and yeah, it's not that great because it's really hard to predict what it's going to draw since everything reverts to boxes. The deluxe one is going to be so great though.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh man, that is so sexy.

I tried the original game and yeah, it's not that great because it's really hard to predict what it's going to draw since everything reverts to boxes. The deluxe one is going to be so great though.

Did you get to the level with the spinners? I can't figure out how that's supposed to work.

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This game demands to be made for the DS...or Wii, I guess.
    The part with the cloud was great, and of course the car as well.

Accualt on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This would be awesome on the 360...

But seriously folks, I was impressed when I saw it. I first thought it was going to be one of those annoying Flash games where you have a limited amount of ink and have to draw the path for your lemming to get to the other side. Oh how quaint. Then I saw the physics, and decided there and then that a tablet like that should be my next purchase. Kinda.
    Either way, looks superb, and really innovative.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    whitey9whitey9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My kindergarteners would love this. Every now and then I bring in my Wacom tablet for them to fool with, and this is absolutely perfect for it. I just want the finished game.

whitey9 on
    llcoolwhitey.png
  • Options
    temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    crayon physics was awesome, so I'd buy this right away. The music is so perfect for the game. After you beat the game, you can just draw whatever, but like someone said before its all pretty much just boxes and squares. Still had a lot of fun with it.

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Nimble Cat wrote: »
    Color me impressed.

Wah wah wahhhh

The premise does look pretty cool, though.

Kami on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Nintendo better get this for the DS. It looks perfect for it.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    tarnok wrote: »
    Oh man, that is so sexy.

Did you get to the level with the spinners? I can't figure out how that's supposed to work.

I drew one really thin, but long rectangle... and had it sit on all of them... then when it spawned I made a box and pushed it across.

urahonky on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This needs to be on the DS. Now.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    tarnok wrote: »
    Oh man, that is so sexy.

Draw a box to make the middle spinner spin in the opposite direction. Then, draw a long line over all three spinners, and let go the mouse button (to actually create the line) just before the middle spinner hits it from the left side. This will create a bridge, and the middle spinner will give it a little kick so that the line goes diagonal up-left to down-right for a few seconds, just enough time to make the ball roll.

Djiem on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

It would be cool to see it on the DS. I'd just be worried there would be enough screen real estate to make fun puzzles on the DS without having to scroll the screen.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Cronus wrote: »

It would be cool to see it on the DS. I'd just be worried there would be enough screen real estate to make fun puzzles on the DS without having to scroll the screen.

Maybe. I wouldn't be all that opposed to a bit of scrolling though. They could have a level overview shown in the top screen.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    GimeCGimeC Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is there any inkling of a release date for this, or is it pretty much "when it's done"?

GimeC on
  • Options
    Pajama_ManPajama_Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Where are the adjacent, opposite, and hypotenuse? :P

Fun game while it lasted, can't wait for the deluxe version...

Pajama_Man on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Holy monkeys, that music is splendid!

Somebody.......anybody..........is there an mp3 of that music in the video? So relaxing...

Godfather on
  • Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I swear to god.. that video w/ the music made me want to draw with crayons right now.

But it wouldn't move :(

This is really an example of cool things that are fun for kids and adults... and your CPU power can go to rendering things happening like you expect, rather then HDR lighting across arm sweat.

WOULD BUY AGAIN A+++++++ GAME

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ok, can someone explain how the hell your supposed to do the 4th level? The one with just the 2 little platforms, one in the upper left with the ball, and the other in the lower right with the star.

Also, that was fun, if very short, can't wait for the next one.

shryke on
  • Options
    Disco BanditDisco Bandit Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, I can't get that one either. I tried drawing a long rectangle as a ramp, but no luck.

Disco Bandit on
    Pokemon Diamond: 5412 9146 7564
  • Options
    NevaNeva Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I drew a large box at the bottom platform near the right side, then drew a ramp going down. The box kept the platform up, leading the ball to victory.

Neva on
    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    shryke wrote: »
    Ok, can someone explain how the hell your supposed to do the 4th level? The one with just the 2 little platforms, one in the upper left with the ball, and the other in the lower right with the star.

Also, that was fun, if very short, can't wait for the next one.

I think this is how I did it, but don't quote me on this:

I pushed the ball off of the platform, drew a block in the middle of the screen, the ball rolled down it and built up enough momentum to get to the lower right platform before the block fell off the screen.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I got it eventually.... I accidentally drew a box around the ball... as it fell, the ball was kind of stuck in limbo and then popped out.... I tried to do it again and couldn't reproduce it.

Of course, now I'm stuck on the next one.

Disco Bandit on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I got it eventually.... I accidentally drew a box around the ball... as it fell, the ball was kind of stuck in limbo and then popped out.... I tried to do it again and couldn't reproduce it.

Of course, now I'm stuck on the next one.
    knock the box over

Neva on

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oops, meant the spinny one

Disco Bandit on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oops, meant the spinny one
    Oh, long platform over all the spinnies.

Neva on

• Options
    KaseKase Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    for those of you who where enchanted by the music in the video the song can download from here, all legit ofcourse :
    http://ccmixter.org/media/files/_ghost/3631

Kase on
    steam_sig.png