As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Catwoman undressing

ScadillaScadilla Hates shavingRegistered User regular
edited November 2007 in Artist's Corner
catwoman.jpg
Based on reference from here. Warning, NSFW.

Prismas on Artagan paper.
For a sketch challenge over at PJ.
Thanks fer looking, hyuck!

And some other stuff.
Heatblast-1.jpg
swashbuckler.jpg
thwipp.jpg
Colossus-redesign.jpg
wk3-Girl-firehands-1.jpg
wk1-Gladiator.jpg

and
devil.jpg

I'll post more later.

Scadilla on

• Options
    RusticCreatureRusticCreature Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I like these. But for the first one, her hips and legs are too small. It's almost as if you ran out of space and tried to cram everything in there.

RusticCreature on
  • Options
    ScadillaScadilla Hates shaving Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thanks fellers.

RC, I used reference for the catwoman pose. I probably didn't translate the pose effectively regarding the legs.

Thanks, Kosh. My nephew is the one that got me to check out Ben10 in the first place. I wanna end up drawing all the aliens. We'll see how that goes.

Scadilla on
  • Options
    Doctor PainDoctor Pain Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    can you post the ref you used?

i do like the cat woman drawing though.

Doctor Pain on
    I FUCKING HATE SIGNATURES.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The ref isn't exactly PG. She's not completely nude, but it is a bit risqué. What's the policy here for posting something like that here? Is it cool as long as it's just a link? Maybe with a warning?

Scadilla on
  • Options
    ScottEwenScottEwen Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hey man! Good to see you over here at the AC.

ScottEwen on
    I draw this comic: http://www.thesundayscomic.com
    And then I have a deviantART here: http://scottewen.deviantart.com
    And I tweet: http://www.twitter.com/scottewenartist
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    If your thread is marked NSFW you can post the image, otherwise just post a link with that marked NSFW.

bombardier on
  • Options
    Shiekahn_boyShiekahn_boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Make Catwomans hips bigger. Men have smaller hips then women (compared to the shoulders) so watch out, you may end up makeing everyone think she is a drag queen.

Your foreshortening is pretty sweet and you have some nice dynamics. Good job!

Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
    What the fuck are you people even arguing about? Shut up.
  • Options
    jasjas Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wow! - A great range you have there. Catwoman undressing though could be any woman. O_o

jas on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My first instinct said that you managed to avoid drawing her hands and feet. But its not so bad. Anyways, I agree with most everyone who has said that Catwoman's hips and legs are too small.

rts on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't post here normally but I really like the pirate and the last one - the devil head.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    man i love the color on your spiderman. a lot. very nice.

NakedZergling on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hey, whats up Scott? I heard you mention the art community here and I wanted to check it out. I had browsed these boards a LONG time ago, but never stuck around. I figured I'd peek in and check it out again.

Thanks bombardier, Catwoman reference posted in first post.

I was subconsciously thinking about the shoulders as I was drawing it, but opted not to stray too far from the reference. As for hiding the hands and feet, it wasn't done intentionally they just weren't there to begin with. I guess I could have made her left hand actually unzipping the front zipper, which would make more sense. Ah well, like they say; hindsight is 20/20.

The pirate is actually a self portrait, just pirate themed... Anyways, glad you guys enjoyed.

Scadilla on
  • Options
    GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Its pretty easy to tell that you know "whats up", you've got some great perspective abilities with the figures and stuff. You definetly have a handle on a fun figure style. The big problem that I see, is that regardless of that all of these feel really amatuer, when its clear that your past that. I think it comes mostly from the textures and the design. None of the textures look purposeful, they dont really have anything to do with the image but are more of just a result of the method you happen to be using. For the design, none of them have a developed background- and thats not even nessecary-- but some kind of graphic play to minimize the fact that you've just got figures floating in space would help alot. Alot of peeps just put a box or a circle overlapped behind the figure and it helps alot.

like this
    14.jpg

The design problem im talking about is especially apparent in the Collosus and the Devil's head. It just comes off as really tacky.

Greatnation on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Thanks, great crit GN. I think the major problem with me is that I lose interest be it styles(I don't believe I have a set style that one could readily identify, I like experimenting) or the drawing itself. I get overwhelmed by the thought if transferring my thoughts to paper so I just draw what I really want to see. You're right though, I dread drawing backgrounds. It seems more like work than play to me and it turns me off of drawing altogether. Although I have drawn backgrounds before, albeit very scarcely (I'll show examples later). I've also used shape graphics to help fill in the page and give it some composition, but it's still no real substitute for a background. I'm gonna make an effort starting today to at least show some hint of background even in sketches.

Scadilla on