As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS3 and Media Server

HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys,

Okay, so I got my ps3 (love) and I'm having this problem doing the media server thing.

Seems to connect just fine... set up windows media player 11 to be a media server, it talks to the PS3 and the PS3 recognizes it and I can connect from the XMB and all that jazz.

But it doesn't find my music library in there.

My music is on the second hard drive in my computer. I set the folder up for sharing and everything, but for whatever reason the PS3 cannot find those songs.

So is there something I missed there or is WMP just not that good as a media center? If the case is probably the former any advice you guys have would be great. If the case is probably the latter, please give me some suggestions on other media server software.

Thanks!

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
Horseshoe on

• Options
    Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The new winamp works wonderfully for me, where WMP failed. I would give that a shot. Keep in mind you've got to give it some time, especially if you've got a lot of music/movies/whatever.

Iceman.USAF on