As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Week on XBLA: "Astroids/Astroids Deluxe"

BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Games and Technology
Gamerscore wrote:
Get ready for classic space shooting action with the release of "Asteroids" and "Asteroids Deluxe" which will be available jointly for download on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 this Wednesday, November 28 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PST).

Save the earth from a deadly deluge of asteroids and re-experience the beloved arcade classics "Asteroids" and "Asteroids Deluxe" on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Players control a spaceship in an asteroid field and shoot to destroy asteroids and saucers, all while trying to avoid a costly collision. Complete with re-mastered HD visuals and the whiplash inducing high-speed "throttle monkey" mode, players will be hooked for hours! "Asteroids" and "Asteroids Deluxe" will be available worldwide as a joint download for 400 Microsoft Points and are rated E for Everyone by the ESRB.

* For more details on "Asteroids" and "Asteroids Deluxe" please visit:

o http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/a/asteroidsxboxlivearcade

Win or fail?

Btw was undertow any good? I'm drowning on so many games I missed picking it up.

Bamelin on

• Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think I was one of four people in the entire world to buy Missile Command, and even though I rarely play it I'm yet again intrigued by a remixed ancient classic for a measly $5. Dunno, though; I should really just put the points toward Mutant Storm Empire instead. As much as I like shmups, the XBLA is starting to get so inundated with them that I should really branch out.

I thought I would like Undertow more than I actually did; it's kind of fun in that Soldat kind of way but I've always been more of a deathmatch man than a team-based "hold X number of key positions for Y seconds" gamer.

And isn't Omega Five supposed to be coming out soon?

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm cautiously optimistic about this title, mostly because I have an extra 400 points left over on my account after picking up Puzzle Quest & Mutant Store Empire.

As for Undertow, it got really good reviews (3 reviews ranging from 87-90% on Gamerankings), but I haven't tried it myself since I was gone all week for Thanksgiving vacation.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm pretty partial to a slice of Asteroids, so, I doubt I'll be able to resist.

Not bought an Arcade game since Puzzle Quest ate a couple weeks of my gaming time.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg