As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bioshock DLC available

CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Games and Technology
... for free!
I’m proud to announce that the BioShock PC Patch and third BioShock 360 Title Update are available for download tonight at midnight, PST. These updates will not only fix some issues remaining with the game, but will also give both PC and 360 fans new plasmids and tonics, as well as another achievement for Xbox Rapturians.

And since you guys have been so patient waiting for this patch, we're giving you all the additional content completely free. Now you can adjust your FOV, rebind your keys, and walk through Rapture in addition to running. And if you really want to be hardcore, you can turn off Vita-Chambers for added difficulty.

Want to know everything that’s in the patch? Click the link for a full list of updates, fixes, and features for both the PC patch and the 360 Title Update.
PC PATCH UPDATES, FIXES, AND FEATURES

- Added the following plasmids and gene tonics: Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom 2, Eve Saver, Machine Buster, Machine - Buster 2, Vending Expert, Vending Expert 2
- Added an Option to disable the Vita-Chambers for added difficulty
- Added support for a walk toggle keybind
- Added Horizontal FOV Lock option
- Fixed mouse acceleration issues
- Fixed reserved keys not functioning properly when keys are unbound
- Fixed multiple cases of keys not allowing a rebind
- Re-added the Human Inferno tonic
- Changed behavior of subtitles so that inappropriate queuing does not occur
- Changed functionality of keybinding lookup to only search in the current input context when finding bindings for in-game display
- Added rendering support for TripleHead2Go
- Atlas VO volume increased for German releases
- Fixed issue of subtitles not clearing correctly occasionally
- Fixed issue causing long hitches or hangs when accessing certain interface screens, machines, and the hacking minigame
- Fix for a potential situation in Recreation where taking a picture of Cobb is impossible if his body gets stuck behind a fallen pillar
- Fixed subtitle timings to more accurately match the on screen audio
- Fixed issue causing stuttering audio when using Windows Vista
- Fixed issue with characters squirming and wiggling after death
- Fixed blood decals and other projectors not showing up on ATI hardware
- The "Enable EAX" option is now greyed out when EAX-capable hardware is not present
- Fixed audio issues stemming from having a Speaker Setting in Windows that was invalid for the current sound card
- Removed erroneous "Reload" binding in a no-weapons context
- Fixed incorrect Training Message concerning bots who are friendly to enemy AIs
- Fixed incorrect Training Message when shooting a Mimic
- Fixed refresh rate being locked at 60hz in DX10 mode
- Fixed VSync disabling in DX10 mode

XBOX 360 TITLE UPDATE FIXES AND FEATURES

- Added widescreen option: Horizontal FOV
- Fix for rare case where a partial cache is not cleared
- Increased Atlas’ volume in German
- Fix for GUI sounds not playing during heavy action
- Fix for not being able to take picture of Cobb in Rec
- Possible fix for pauses or hangs when opening flash bink movies
- Fix for switching difficulty breaking achievement
- Fix for small texture streaming bug
- Fix for rare hang when a lot of things are going on at once

XBOX 360 DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT

- Added Disable Vita Chamber option
- Plasmid Pack is included in this DLC (Machine Buster 1 & 2, Vending Expert 1 & 2, Sonic Boom 1 & 2, EVE Saver)
- 100 point achievement for beating game without Vita Chamber called "Brass Balls"
How to do it:
Must beat game on Hard
Must not use a Vita Chamber (you can always roll back to an earlier save)
The Vita Chamber Disabled option can be on or off as long as you don’t resurrect

Well, some of you complained about the difficulty being too easy. Now you can turn off vita-chambers and go for the new achievement! Get the PC patch at Cult of Rapture and the 360 patch... on the 360!

I never got all the audio logs, so it might be time to revisit good ol' Rapture on hard. I mostly reloaded on normal anyway, and now we can actually play it in proper widescreen.

All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
Cherrn on

• Options
    guidedbyvicesguidedbyvices Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Holy shit my pants.
    Edit: Now my 1000/1000 achievement mocks me.

guidedbyvices on
    PSN RadCrimes
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Woot! Ever since I lost my save halfway through the game on the PC I haven't picked up the game again. Maybe I'll rent it for the 360 and play it on the widescreen.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Awesome, they're fixing the subtitles. That shit has been driving me crazy.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This is so awesome. I might play through Bioshock for a third time now.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yay for patches!

Gives me a good reason to replay the game too.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Thread title lies. The patch isn't available yet... for the PC.

Meh, don't really have a hankering to go through that whole process again, anyway.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Any word if the steam version will update automatically?

Lep on
  • Options
    Captain CrunchCaptain Crunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Awesome

Captain Crunch on
  • Options
    guidedbyvicesguidedbyvices Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The patch isn't available for the 360 just yet. It's prolly set to go live in the morning.
    Fucking insomnia. Though I'm really curious to see how the added FOV will change my gaming experience.
    On my 37" Sharp, the perspective was fine.

Well, on to my 10th playthrough... I think.. I've honestly lost count how many times I've played the game.

guidedbyvices on
    PSN RadCrimes
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Okay, now this is warranted another play thru. But not right now. Maybe when I get my 8800GT, I will crank things up, and then play shit with hard and new tonics.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    squirlysquirly Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Patch goes live in 1½ hours in Aus, woo, that's usually when Dash updates go live too, double woo.

squirly on
    Diablo2 [US West; Ladder]: *DorianGraph [New/Main] *outsidewhale [Old]
  • Options
    SynapseSynapse Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Rad! Now i can replay the game (i too lost my save file that was about halfway through). And i can do it without the lame ass vita-chambers.

Synapse on
    brawl code: 1719-2854-9722
  • Options
    Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    that vita chamber thing is cool...

... if i hadn't already played the fucking game not realizing that when you die there are no consequences! i played the game like there was no vita chambers!

that pissed me off when i realized half an hour from the finish you just come back right away. :x

(and it was still too easy of a game.)

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    squirly wrote: »
    Patch goes live in 1½ hours in Aus, woo, that's usually when Dash updates go live too, double woo.
    yaaaaaaaaaaaay

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Downloading patch now on Steam. Restart your client if yours isn't patching.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I completely forgot about this game. Perhaps new stuff will encourage me to pick it up again.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Fucking awesome. Any word on the new Plasmids and Tonics? Regardless, this gives me a reason to actually go for my second playthrough. Having done a play through harvesting all the little sisters in the game, now I need to do one saving all of them, and acquiring my set of Brass Balls. Playing on Normal my biggest complaint was that it was too easy, even for Normal. Playing on Hard with no Vita-Chambers should solve my only major complaint with the game.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    What does Sonic Boom do? Is it sorta like Throw in Mass Effect?

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    squirly wrote: »
    yaaaaaaaaaaaay
    BioShock content is up now but no dash update yet.

squirly on
  • Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So are the new tonics and powers available on the 360 version too? I got a little bored halfway through my no-death hard run but this is excellent newsm might try and get my copy of the game back off a freind to take a look at this new stuff.

And Wwy do I find
    - Increased Atlas’ volume in German

amusing?

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    So are the new tonics and powers available on the 360 version too?
    Is this a trick question?

squirly on
  • Options
    TiemlerTiemler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Do you have to shout Machiiiiine Buuusteruuu! when using that plasmid?

I just finished Bioshock. This'll add some nice replay value, along with my post-holiday upgrade to a HDTV.

Tiemler on
  • Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Well, that's me replaying it on Hard then :D

YerMum on
    Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So is this out for the PC yet because I have the retail edition and I'm not finding it

EDIT: Of course I didn't bother to check the official site, what do you think I am, smart? Anyways nevermind

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I didn't get a few achievements because they required another playthrough so I think I may be doing that this week. :O

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So none of those cool PC fixes are on the 360 version? So we're still stuck with horribly timed subtitles?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Awesome patch!

It fixes two of my peeves with the game, (Other than it refusing to accept native AA from my ATI card. Ugh.) most importantly, the subtitle desyncs and allowing us to turn off the vita-chambers.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Neato. I was actually playing through the start of this again last night, so this is good timing.

As a tangent, this is the perfect timing for DLC -- about two or three months after a game's been released. It's long enough of a cooldown period that people who ran through it at launch won't have the game completely fresh in their minds but it's close enough that the good memories of the game are still in the back of your mind.

It's also nice that they finally added the new widescreen FOV as an option, if only to quell the ridiculously nerdy debate that ensued from the game's launch. I'll be playing it in the original intended mode now that I have my new widescreen TV.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    What the fuck is this?

A retardedly awesome patch and DLC, for free.

And a fix for widescreen FOV on the 360.

What the fuck Irrational, you are supposed to charge for this shit. I feel offended by your greatness.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    PejPej Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Coincidentally I'm playing through Bioshock right now... awesome! As soon as someone has time to try them out I'd love to hear about the new plasmids/tonics.

Pej on
    This cave leads to the inhospitable surface of the planet. There is nothing for you to see there.
  • Options
    PejPej Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I remembered that these were found shortly after release by people digging around in the PC version's datafiles and sure enough they appear to be the same ones available in this update.
    Googlefu wrote:
    Machine Buster
    Increases DAMAGE you deal to CAMERAS, BOTS and TURRETS.
    In today's automated environment, you may find yourself up against hostiles not made of flesh and blood. Machine Buster gives you the edge you've been looking for against metal-plated antagonists.

Machine Buster 2
    Greatly increases DAMAGE you deal to CAMERAS, BOTS and TURRETS.
    Machines are getting redesigned every day. If you want to be able to beat them, you'll need to redesign your own genes. Machine Buster Two lets you put those bots back in their place.

Sonic Boom
    Hurls creatures and objects BACK with a BLAST of force.
    When just yelling GET BACK isn't working, it's nice to have some repelling force to back up your request. Sonic Boom -- when push comes to shove.

Sonic Boom 2
    Hurls creatures and objects BACK with a POWERFUL BLAST of force.
    Sonic Boom not strong enough to push people around any more? Try our new version, with even more BOOM! Sonic Boom 2 -- when you need that extra push.

EVE Saver
    Plasmids use less EVE.
    In today's genetic wonderland, you probably feel like there's never enough EVE at hand. With EVE Saver, your EVE will go farther than ever before!

Vending Expert
    Reduces PRICES in VENDING Machines.
    With the Vending Expert plasmid altering your EM signature, you can fool the pricing circuits at any vending machine. Known to our customers as "Circus Maximus," Vending Expert will pay for itself in no time!

Pej on
    This cave leads to the inhospitable surface of the planet. There is nothing for you to see there.
  • Options
    Christ PuncherChrist Puncher Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    What do the new tonics/plasmids do?

Christ Puncher on
    Wii friend code: 7549 1748 0857 1681

XBL: Slimebucato
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Because reloading a save with all of your ammo makes the gamer harder.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Is there some retarded reason they're not fixing the one bug I ever noticed, the replaying of previous audio logs at random?

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Goddammit. The one thing that pissed me off about the game to a large extent and they're not fixing it on 360.

What the fuck Irrational.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Is there some retarded reason they're not fixing the one bug I ever noticed, the replaying of previous audio logs at random?

that's not random.

that has to do with you holding the A button accidentally at just the right moment to replay it

Evander on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Evander wrote: »

that's not random.

that has to do with you holding the A button accidentally at just the right moment to replay it

Nonono, he means the parts toward the end of the game where audio logs you heard half an hour ago start randomly replaying when another log should be playing.

That drove me nuts too.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    LotharsLothars Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    cloudeagle wrote: »

that's not random.

Nonono, he means the parts toward the end of the game where audio logs you heard half an hour ago start randomly replaying when another log should be playing.

That drove me nuts too.

really? I had never heard of that

Crazy so that's really common?

Lothars on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Lothars wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

that's not random.

That drove me nuts too.

really? I had never heard of that

Crazy so that's really common?

Common enough so that I got it as well. Didn't bother me that much though...just got to hear wonderful voice acting again.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    ruforufo Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Common enough so that I got it as well. Didn't bother me that much though...just got to hear wonderful voice acting again.
    I played through it all the way on 360 and don't remember this either... was it exclusively a PC bug?

rufo on