As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SE++ PC Gaming] Land of Patches

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2008
    san andreas was the only one with bicycles

which were, pretty much, my favorite part

that sentence there works equally well with or without the commas

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    i got a stallion and made it green and tuned it up in san andreas

except i don't want to drive it to missions or anything, 'cause it'll get lost

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    san andreas was the only one with bicycles

which were, pretty much, my favorite part

that sentence there works equally well with or without the commas

This is the Shatnerized version.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    i have very high hopes for the online multiplayer GTA 4

too bad there aren't planes

those would be fun in it

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Zephyr wrote: »

those would be fun in it

there aren't planes in GTA4?

like, you can't pilot them, or none period

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So San Andreas continues to be a big fat heaping pile of fun. How do the other two in the GTAIII series compare? I'm really tempted to pick up Vice City on steam after finishing San Andreas, but is the original III any good, or has it been dated by the other two?

Vice city had a pretty good story and feel to it. Although in my opinion, San Andreas is the best of the series so far. Not going to get it for PC though I think... tempted... but I already have it on the xbox (which is back at home while I am at university.)

GTA III was not bad either, I actually liked the cars in that one better than vice city and whatnot. It is just not as open as the other two. Also it lacks motorcycles if I recall correctly.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Seta 3000 wrote: »

those would be fun in it

can't pilot

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008

those would be fun in it

can't pilot

are there helicopters, or are they just totally ruling out flying

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    yes helicopters

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well I guess they don't want to deal with Jack showing vidoes of people smashing them into large building in the middle of the island.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Maybe they couldn't find a good way to balance out planes vs. cars without being ridiculous.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    Well I guess they don't want to deal with Jack showing vidoes of people smashing them into large building in the middle of the island.

people need to stop being butthurt about that so i can have planes in my GTA4

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Artreus wrote: »
    So San Andreas continues to be a big fat heaping pile of fun. How do the other two in the GTAIII series compare? I'm really tempted to pick up Vice City on steam after finishing San Andreas, but is the original III any good, or has it been dated by the other two?

Vice city had a pretty good story and feel to it. Although in my opinion, San Andreas is the best of the series so far. Not going to get it for PC though I think... tempted... but I already have it on the xbox (which is back at home while I am at university.)

GTA III was not bad either, I actually liked the cars in that one better than vice city and whatnot. It is just not as open as the other two. Also it lacks motorcycles if I recall correctly.

I've always liked Vice City the most. It doesn't have all the extra crap like defending turf and stuff that I didn't like about SA. Plus the city isn't all brown and it has Ray Liotta. The 80's gangster stuff is more fun for me than 90's thug life too.

Also in Vice City two stars = Tubbs and Crocket are on your ass.

Drool on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Ruckus on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ruckus wrote: »

lol. I wonder if they have AoE. I'm also in the market for a TNT2.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ruckus wrote: »
    Savings Code 27811-1006. SAVE $25.00 off our regular price of $39.99 if you buy today! Special price ends 1/29/2008.

what

the game is fucking 10 years old and, though not positive and in no way meaning to imply you know what, free on the the internet

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yes my surprise was that they were selling it even though TA Spring is fairly well known.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    PinballPinball Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Drool wrote: »

I've always liked Vice City the most. It doesn't have all the extra crap like defending turf and stuff that I didn't like about SA. Plus the city isn't all brown and it has Ray Liotta. The 80's gangster stuff is more fun for me than 90's thug life too.

Oh man

Get 6 stars, then go to a rooftop, then see the whole police and military swarm around the building unable to lay a finger on you. Was fun for like a minute then I returned to what I was doing.

Oh, and then I stole their tank

Pinball on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2008
    Pinball wrote: »
    Drool wrote: »

Oh man

Get 6 stars, then go to a rooftop, then see the whole police and military swarm around the building unable to lay a finger on you. Was fun for like a minute then I returned to what I was doing.

Oh, and then I stole their tank

That's fun for a lot longer than a minute if you have a sniper rifle and a rocket launcher.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    oh man driving a tank was great

turning the turret around you so you went faster and blew up everything chasing you

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    SA Multiplayer's pretty fun if you get some dudes together

just driving around in a four-door knocking over stores and killing cops

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

It's a lot of fun on the PC, but using a gamepad can be rather annoying. You can't map out the d-pad at all, so no changing the radio station or doing mission-skip or choosing yes/no responses on anything but the keyboard. You can tweak some stuff, but not very much without running out of mappable buttons.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    they really need to release another quality space flight sim.

hell, i don't care if it's in an established IP or not, just something fun, with good controls and modern graphics would be fantastic.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Oh god I loved StarLancer. Never played FreeLancer though.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    FreeSpace 2 apparently has a really nice-looking fan update, I'd be interested in trying that out if I could find my old joystick.

also, there are supposedly lots of mods for the update that include other IPs.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Find the Freespace 2 thread in G&T.

It links to the FS2 installer which automatically downloads the full game and all the upgraded shit and it's awesome.

august on
  • Options
    xeroismygodxeroismygod Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    vsove wrote: »
    FreeSpace 2 apparently has a really nice-looking fan update, I'd be interested in trying that out if I could find my old joystick.

Did the Battlestar Galactica mod ever get released?

xeroismygod on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

I don't know, but I hope so. Perhaps it would help me forget the bitter taste that the 360 Arcade game left in my mouth.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Demo:

http://www.game-warden.com/bsg/

august on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    You Got Flagshipped!

A term that was started on the hellgate: london forums, used to refer when you buy something and in turn the thing you bought is:

A: very poorly made
    B: broken
    C: bugged out to all hell (refering to a game)
    D : not getting what you paid for
    Tim: "I just bought a new table today and one of its legs broke"

Bill: "Man you got flagshipped"

mainphpg2viewcoreai5.jpg

:lol:

Poor Bill Roper.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    GTA:SA Online was some of the greatest time i've had in a video game

why do we not play it, then

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

wait what?

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited January 2008

wait what?

http://www.sa-mp.com/

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I bought the Steam version of SA, which apparently can't be downgraded for modding at all. Including multiplayer. :(

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

wait what?

http://www.sa-mp.com/

Okay now this is really wanting me to grab the game.

Artreus on
  • Options
    CG FaggotryCG Faggotry BristolRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I am reinstalling for this mod.

CG Faggotry on
    bulbesssigfinal.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Hell, I probably would just straight up buy it now but I am saving up for a wiimote and bluetooth dongle for hot FPS action.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    it would be so awesome if we could get a bunch of people to play

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I am so sad.

Every time I try to play TF2 the game freezes. It is so depressing.

Lardalish on