As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

a

PojacoPojaco Registered User regular
edited January 2016 in Games and Technology
a

Pojaco on

• Options
    ViolyntViolynt regular
    edited December 2007
    Add Pikmin 2 and Ikaruga to the GC list.

Violynt on
    f4ded.png
    violynt.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Violynt wrote: »
    Add Pikmin 2 and Ikaruga to the GC list.
    Done and done, appreciate both of those. I didn't realize Ikaruga was on GC, thought it was just ported to DC. Thanks!

Pojaco on
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Also add Chibi Robo to the GC list. Thank me later.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    what kind of games do you like?

slash000 on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Your GameCube list has a serious lack of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

Also, Viewtiful Joe.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    paco_pepepaco_pepe Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Resident Evil 4, REmake, Fire Emblem.

paco_pepe on
    Paco+Pepper.png
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You can't go wrong with Resi4

Some cool PS2 games are Devil May Cry 1 and 3.

slash000 on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    PS2
    GTA:SA (Might want to run the idea past your folks first though)
    Silent Hill 2

GCN
    RE4
    LoZ:TP

:) Happy gaming dude

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ViolyntViolynt regular
    edited December 2007
    There is also a Devil May Cry Box set that goes for $30 dollars new I have it and I am enjoying it quite a bit.

Okami is an awesome Zelda like game that has it's own unique features.

I had fun with Yakuza although it's not for everyone and it does have flaws, I liked it though because it brought back memories of Shenmue. Both games are very different however.

Gradius V Kicks major ass as far as shoot em ups go.

Space Channel 5 special edition is pretty wicked although a lil hard to grasp early on.

Culdcept is pretty neat although it has a 360 release on the way.

Godhand is $20 and a steal at that price. There should be a topic creeping around here about it if you'd like to find out more. It could provide details about the game better than me.

Bully is also a great game and a Wii/360 release is on the way.

All for PS2 by the way.

Violynt on
    f4ded.png
    violynt.png
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    GCN:
    Beyond Good & Evil
    F-Zero GX
    Star Wars: Rogue Leader
    Pikmin

PS2:
    Ico (because you have SotC already)
    Gitaroo Man (music game)
    Psychonauts
    God of War I and/or II

There are two ways to get Zelda OoT on the Gamecube. The 'Master Quest' version has the original game and a 'master' edition with reworked (harder) dungeons. Then there's the 'Collector's Edition' which only has the original OoT but also Majora's Mask and the two NES games.

EDIT: I just saw the note about cheap prices. Everything I listed should be generally cheap except Gitaroo-Man. Rogue Leader should be a great deal. It was a launch game and still managed to be one of the prettiest GCN games ever.

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm a fan of Gotcha Force on Gamecube. It's an action game where you control little robots and you shoot other little robots. I kind of want to say it's like virtual On but I don't know enough about Virtual On to make a claim like that. There's also a ton of robots to collect and the voice acting is so bad in areas it's funny. My only complaint is the camera can be quite annoying at times.

Gilder on
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    There are two ways to get Zelda OoT on the Gamecube. The 'Master Quest' version has the original game and a 'master' edition with reworked (harder) dungeons. Then there's the 'Collector's Edition' which only has the original OoT but also Majora's Mask and the two NES games.
    There's also a version of Wind Waker that includes the Ocarina of Time/Master Quest disc, but that version is even rarer than the Ocarina/MQ disc by itself. It's also harder to find in used game stores: since the spine of the case has the regular Wind Waker logo, you won't know it unless you look at the front or back.

gtrmp on
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Resident Evil 4 is available for both systems. RE4 is easily one of the best games of all time. The GC version has better graphics, but the PS2 version has an additional mode of gameplay and other minor bonus content.

If you like Zelda, you should also try Beyond Good & Evil (available on both) and Okami (PS2). If you like SotC, you should definitely try Ico (PS2), which is from the same developer; SotC is a kind of prequel to Ico.

gtrmp on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    The Master List is looking something like this:
    GC: LoZ:OoT, MGS:Twin Snakes, Super Mario Sunshine, Beyond Good and Evil, Pikmin 2, Star Wars: Rogue Leader, Ikaruga, RE4, Chibi Robo
    PS2: Katamari Damacy, Ico, Silent Hill 2, God of War 2

Pojaco on
  • Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Possibly the GameCube version of Twilight Princess? Someone has probably already mentioned that, but if you don't plan on getting a Wii in the next several months, that could be a cool title to own.

tardcore on
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    If you don't own any of the other consoles its on, Guitar Hero 1, 2, & 3.

YardGnome on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I'm halfway through Twilight Princess on the Wii, though I don't own one myself, and I can't bring myself to NOT play it in widescreen, with the nunchuk, etc.

I own Guitar Hero 1 and 2 on PS2 and have no desire to own GH3, I think it's terrible.

I do need a new guitar controller though, thanks for the reminder.

Pojaco on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hitman Trilogy for PS2 (or, better, PC, if you have one that can handle it).

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Daedalus wrote: »
    Hitman Trilogy for PS2 (or, better, PC, if you have one that can handle it).
    I should have mentioned that I'm primarily a PC gamer. If it came out for PC, I've played it.

(and I love the Hitman series, good recommendation)

Pojaco on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh, and I'd like to second (third?) the Ico recommendation. I don't care what you have to do to track it down; go get it. It's an absolutely amazing game.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Beyond good and Evil

Ikaruga

I know you said no RPGS but I cant physically let a GCN recommendation thread go by without mentioning Skies of Arcadia Legends. Im indoctrinated you see.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    PS2:

Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies / AC5 Unsung War. Both are awesome, if the basic gameplay appeals to you.
    Ratchet and Clank is a fantastic platformer.
    Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. If you only get one PS2 game, get this one. Not the first one. (Well, I thought it was still okay, but most people really don't like it.)
    Okami, as previously mentioned, is really great. Like Zelda, but with innovation!

Pretty much everything people mentioned for the GC comprises my brief yet delicious GC library. If you get only one GC game, make it Resident Evil 4.

Oh, and if you haven't played it on the PC, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time is awesome.

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
  • Options
    TzenTzen Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Shadow of Rome if the stealth stages and occasional cheap-ass shit don't turn you off too much.

I just started Odin Sphere and it's surprisingly fun. Not sure how long that'll last, though.

I thought Mario Sunshine sucked balls, but a lot of people do like it.

Tzen on