As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

my jeep should be dead

13»

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah potatoe your jeep is pretty rad. It is not uncomfortable to ride in.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Zombot wrote: »
    I always love riding in Jeeps.
    Potatoe, would you take me for a ride in your Jeep if it doesn't blow up?

yes

but when you think jeep, do you think:
    1997%20Jeep%20Cherokee%20Sport.jpg

or
    jeep.jpg

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

that is, when you are not gripping the door brace for dear life, right?

potatoe on
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    One of my friends drives a Jeep. It's always fun driving with him, especially in places like parking lots, where they have those little concrete medians to keep the lanes separate, he'll just say "Jeep!" and drive over the things. Let the suggested path of traffic be damned if there's an easier way we can just climb an obstacle to get to.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    potatoe wrote: »

that is, when you are not gripping the door brace for dear life, right?

I would not know that feeling seeing as though I was not in the jeep with your crazy ass.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I think of 1942.FQ.jpg

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I think of pic11204485384sk9.jpg

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I think of the off road, 4 wheeling, removable roof and doors Jeep.

Zombot on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    well that's not what i have

i have the pretend jeep that is actually more like a prehistoric SUV

potatoe on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So I'm the only one who thinks of chatty mother-daughter WASPs?

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    yes, deemer

you are

potatoe on
  • Options
    ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    itt potatoe demonstrates why you don't brake for animals unless you're sure that you can do it safely

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    i am never breaking for an animal again

potatoe on
  • Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    But what about the doggies!

Zombot on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    to hell with the doggies

potatoe on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    if doggies could drive they would brake for you, taters

redhead on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    that is a damn dirty lie
    they are out to get me

potatoe on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    all they want is to be loved

loved on a highway at 60 mph by the front of your car

redhead on
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I pulled the most awesome stunt in my father's Chevy Tahoe one day while I was driving down to school

I was on the highway with the cruise control set to 75 mph. The roads were pretty empty at the time - I was in the leftmost of three lanes, and there were no cars in my immediate vicinity. There's a concrete median to my left, and on the other side the three lanes of traffic going the other way. There's no cars visible ahead as far as I can see, and about 3-4 behind me way off in the distance in my rear view mirror, so I've mostly got the road to myself.

I'm totally spacing out. I've made this drive thousands of times. I do it twice a week, and it takes me about an hour. I can make it on autopilot. I was in the tahoe because I was going to move my stuff out of my college apartment, and I needed the space. It's a large truck that rides pretty high compared to my normal car.

I just barely spot a deer at the right side of the road, two lanes over from me coming out of the brush. The minute I see the thing start running I swear to god time slowed down to a crawl while I did the geometry in my head - if the deer is running across the lanes towards the median at that speed and I am going forward at seventy fi-OH HOLY SHIT

I had just enough time to cut the wheel hard to the right, which was probably a dumb idea on paper. I couldn't have gone left, because there was a concrete median that would have gladly fucked my car up, and continuing straight was not a preferable option because the deer had decided it wanted to be in my lane.

What follows in text transpired in the span of about five seconds.

The entire tahoe quickly cut to the right, still doing seventy five miles an hour thanks to the cruise control and my inability to hit the brake fast enough. It started to swerve into the middle lane and I heard an ungodly sound from my tires. I zoomed a by the deer, missing it by a hair. I tried pulling the wheel back to the left so I wouldn't careen straight off the right side of the highway. As I did, the entire truck decided to flip up onto the two driver's side wheels into a 45 degree angle.

I was on the brakes by this point, but they weren't doing a damn thing other than making a horrible sound, and I wasn't stomping on them because it seemed at the time if I did I would be rolling upside-down over the highway. I'm in the middle lane, two-wheeling it on the driver's side in the tahoe, and starting to veer back in towards the median. I see what's about to happen again and I freak out as it starts pulling over towards the concrete divider. I pull the wheel back to the right like a moron and cringe, expecting to drive into the wall.

The car two-wheels into the left lane, slams onto all four as it approaches the barrier, and then pops up onto the other two wheels on the passenger side. I coast like this for about a second more before the car starts drifting back to center and comes back down on all fours and keeps going like nothing happened.

I continued driving and over the course of the next few minutes began to grin like an idiot at how awesome it was that I just did that without flipping the tahoe or hitting anything. I see the skidmarks of the event every time I make this drive now. To this day, I can only imagine how cool that must have looked to the people driving a ways behind me; seeing the tahoe skid all over the road on two wheels must have been entertaining. I would have been so fucked if there was actually traffic in my immediate vicinity, though.

tl;dr - I two-wheeled a tahoe twice in about five seconds at 75 miles per hour without flipping it to dodge a deer.

Ein on
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    So I'm the only one who thinks of chatty mother-daughter WASPs?

I know a girl that drives a Jeep Liberty.

That's what she wanted.

I loves her so much

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    JSE

let's trade stories

i like yours better

potatoe on
  • Options