As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

could not insert into post word match

Gotcha ForceGotcha Force Registered User regular
uhh so i maek poast

post goes straight to "could not insert word matches"

but the post shows up, it just doesnt let you know it has shown up...

havent we had this error before?

Gotcha Force on

• Options
    bhealeybhealey Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Reoccuring errors always confuse me, because, theoretically, an error should never reoccur once repaired, unless something was changed. But, it would have to be a change that reverted the problematic code back to the way it was when the error occured, but that would be silly.

Stupid phpBB.

bhealey on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    As I understand it, it's because mySQL keeps shitting itself, not because of any recurring error in the forum code.

It's all the database's fault.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    I'm getting the same shit, except recently it went from the "word matches" error to "Error deleting post" - and I'm not deleting anything, I'm just trying to make a post.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    Yeah, please don't try posting again if you get that message. It has gone through, it just won't show up for you until you go in and view the thread. Double posts are annoying.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    I have this problem when making a new thread too. Only it doesn't show up in the list.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited September 2005
    The Cat wrote:
    Yeah, please don't try posting again if you get that message. It has gone through, it just won't show up for you until you go in and view the thread. Double posts are annoying.

I've been getting that message and then my post doesn't show up anywhere. It's rather odd.

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    DaySleeper wrote:
    The Cat wrote:

I've been getting that message and then my post doesn't show up anywhere. It's rather odd.

Your kung-fu is weak.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Check the preview field

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Fixed

PS. There were too many caps in the title, so I changed it.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    scjohnnoscjohnno Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Thanks a bunch, Alpha. :)

scjohnno on
    ...a doctrine which may, I fear, appear wildly paradoxical and subversive. The doctrine in question is this: that it is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. I must, of course, admit that if such an opinion became common it would completely transform our social life and our political system; since both are at present faultless, this must weigh against it. - Bertrand Russell
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited September 2005

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg