As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Managing a project in under a week

Drakkar11Drakkar11 Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Artist's Corner
I am currently in AP art right now, and have recently decided to switch my portfolio to illustration and my medium to photoshop/painter etc. We only have a week to do a project and I'm a beginner with photoshop, so it's a lot of pressure for me to try and get a good project done, especially since I am extremely critical of my work and scrap one thing after another.

I usually have less than a week becuase of other homework and stuff, but at the most, the project has 7 days to be done. Besides just getting better at using photoshop etc are there any techniques i should know when digitally painting to make my art better and possibley speed it up? Maybe some quality tutorial sites, like cgsociety? Are there certain limitations on the subject im painting like, how big the image should be? Are there some thigns I should stay away from? I wanted to do a battle scene which i started to post on this forum, but drawing a zillion guys was too intimidating, does anyone have tips for painting a bunch of people that are far away? Are there any features of photoshop that are really important or good to use? What about kind of unknown methods or features of doing things in photoshop that arent recognized often?
Also how long does it usually take for any of you to finish a digitally painted piece?
Someone on another forum questioned an artist on whether or not they used photos or 3d as a "base." What does that mean?

Drakkar11 on

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    Use the questions thread, please.

Grifter on
This discussion has been closed.