Options

What charities and/or non-profits do you support?

2»

• Options
    QinguQingu Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I do Amnesty International and the World Food Programme.

Are they corrupt?

Qingu on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Hobos.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    I donate to local collections of canned food since it's cheap, and encourage people to donate to local collections of hygiene products for shelters of all varieties because that one is a bit more out of my price range.

Fuck yes.

Once a year or so my local Whole Foods does a charity drive where you can spend $8 to buy a toiletries care package for somebody in a nearby battered women's shelter. One $8 donation = one care package.

I've seen how some of those shelters operate; women come in penniless (because their husbands have taken all their money) with naught but the clothes off their backs and the shelters don't have the money to even give them toothpaste.

And I like the Whole Foods dealie because then I know exactly how much my donation is helping, and whom.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.