Options

[UPDATEx3] Microsoft Vs. immigration: Nobody can help.

1222324252628»

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Henroid wrote: »
    Squirmy, I think it's pretty much official now that nothing is going to change in this situation. I'm sorry dude, it really sucks. Doing anything more about it isn't going to help. Maybe he ignored the email, maybe not, but he gave you the final word on things.

I didn't agree with your tactics, and I know I made that public, and I really do hate that things just aren't going to work out for you, but man, Doc and several others here gave you a fuckton of options to bypass this. They found you cards from certified sellers on ebay that cost 1$ more than store price so that you won't just lose your stuff.

I'm saying this because you need to cut your losses. Starting up an anti Microsoft bitch site isn't going to solve your problem, and it isn't going to make them change the way they do things. They're going to change things when it's cost effective and a better model is in place.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    People seem to be somewhat missing the point here, so I'll say it again.

I have accepted my issue is not going to be resolved. That's fine. But some of the emails I've received from other people with other problems are quite, quite baffling. People who, for example, have had their Gamertag stolen, and when they call Xbox Customer Support to get the issue resolved the password and security question have been changed so Microsoft refuse to help them in any way at all. People who have paid for content and aren't able to download it because the wind wasn't quite blowing in their direction. People who have bought a new console and, for no real reason whatsoever, are unable to retrieve their gamertag at all.

Admittedly this point is slightly muffled with the opening post on the blog, and I could sit here and say, "I'm still angry about it" or "As I wrote about it I was reminded of just how much a pain in the arse the whole thing was", both of which are very true. But that's not why I set up the website.

Methinks I shall edit that opening post...

Edit: Okay, the opening post of the email has been changed. Yes, alright, fair enough, I was an idiot to re-type my own story in full again. That's not why I started the blog, and I apologise for the confusion there. I have already accepted that my own issue is unresolvable and, as may interest you amateurhour, I am already using many of those bypass methods people have suggested (I thank those of you who made the suggestions). Other issues, such as the one I've written about on the site, aren't so easily bypassed, however.

I hope you guys can see that I have good intentions with this site. It's not just about furthering my own cause which, as has been pointed out, has no resolution. This is about the other people out there with problems just as bad or worse than mine. Almost all of the people I've spoken to want a website like this, where these problems will be catalogued. That's the intent here.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    One of the guys that recieved the Recon armor for Halo 3 from Bungie (i believe it's the guy killed by the traffic cone) has his account continually stolen - he's up on steal #10, and he's having trouble getting it back.

then the guy that stole it made a public post saying "You're never getting your account back".

Yeah, MS needs to fix their shit. And don't listen to the people that just accept things the way they are.

What needs to happen, and what will probably eventually happen, is that a high-up MS employee will get their account stolen. Then they'll actually get their shit in line.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    That reminds me that I need to call MS to know what's up with my DLC liscences. It was supposed to take 3-4 weeks to be transferred and it's been way longer and still no word.

Djiem on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This is exactly why I don't trust digital distribution on consoles. Way to many horror stories and none of them are resolved.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Funny, some interesting stuff happened at MS "Blogger Breakfast" at GDC.

http://www.thebitbag.com/2008/02/21/microsoft-blogger-breakfast-bullets/
    Red Ring Of Death Still An Issue?

* Failure rate has officially dropped
    * Microsoft is working on the DRM issue with downloaded content
    * DRM issue only affects those who don’t have access to Live
    * In the interim, Microsoft will refund ALL your MS Points to re-download your content

If MS can do this shit, surely they can migrate an account?

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This is exactly why I don't trust digital distribution on consoles. Way to many horror stories and none of them are resolved.
    Maybe somebody should point a shrill class action lawyer towards the absolute cacophony of MS DRM issues. We don't want any money, but by fuck just scare them into fixing all this shit. We have waited patiently for several years and are still getting effed in the A over all this crap. I know I am.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Has the failure rate really dropped? Or did people just get tired of their 3rd replacement and decide to invest their money into a more reliable machine.

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Maybe somebody should point a shrill class action lawyer towards the absolute cacophony of MS DRM issues. We don't want any money, but by fuck just scare them into fixing all this shit. We have waited patiently for several years and are still getting effed in the A over all this crap. I know I am.

You speak truth, and it is very very very sad that it would take something like that to get standard customer service for a product you invest large amounts of time and money into. Very sad indeed.

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

You speak truth, and it is very very very sad that it would take something like that to get standard customer service for a product you invest large amounts of time and money into. Very sad indeed.

Still, like that GDC stuff I posted shows, they're now refunding all spent MS points as standard.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

Still, like that GDC stuff I posted shows, they're now refunding all spent MS points as standard.
    I'm willing to bet you 10 bucks and two fucks that they will have endless loopholes to screw anybody they feel like it out of getting points refunded. Like me, I just upgraded from a regular to an elite and used an official transfer kit. My money is on them saying that they only refund points for defective consoles.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    You know, all of this is retarded. A simple, effective, not bullet-proof-but-good-enough method would be just to tie all content to your gamertag account, spend a little more time on account security, make it so you can play any downloaded content offline and allow you to download DLC that is attached to your gamertag as often as you want.

Logging in includes a quick content check to make sure that what's available to your gamertag on your HDD is the same as what's tied to your account in their database. Hooray! You can upgrade your XBox at will, play games offline and re-download content that you've lost while MS gets to ensure that only the most intent pirates get free shit (And who's gonna stop them anyway?) and also can have LESS personnel spending time and money dealing with this.

EDIT: Hell, just have a file on the XBox's HDD containing a list of content you're allowed to have on your gamertag so that you can't DL stuff from elsewhere and use it. This file can be hidden/encrypted/stored in an alternate quantum universe rules by Satan for all it matters.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    What 360s with multiple Gamertags on them where several people have bought several items? All of the Rock band stuff on my 360, for example, has been bought using my US Live account because the content is available yet on the UK marketplace.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    RookieRookie Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

* In the interim, Microsoft will refund ALL your MS Points to re-download your content

Just so everyone is clear: this is a lie. Not only will they not refund your points, but you'll get a lecture from three different supervisors and countless first-line support morons telling you why it's not feasible. I know they have refunded points in the past, but apparently everyone on their support staff has been told to stop doing that and to immediately fly into a rage if it's even brought up.

That was my experience anyways. And it's why I dumped my 360 - my THIRD 360 i might add - and bought a PS3.

Rookie on
    TheRizzle.png
    PSN: TheSuperVillain
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Rookie wrote: »

Just so everyone is clear: this is a lie. Not only will they not refund your points, but you'll get a lecture from three different supervisors and countless first-line support morons telling you why it's not feasible. I know they have refunded points in the past, but apparently everyone on their support staff has been told to stop doing that and to immediately fly into a rage if it's even brought up.

That was my experience anyways. And it's why I dumped my 360 - my THIRD 360 i might add - and bought a PS3.

I know that all too well. Hell even after being told by an off duty MS tech person to call back and say that I talked to a fucking tech that told me they could they just basically said up yours asshole.

The_Spaniard on