As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

1080i on XBox 360

MeisterMeister Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I've been trying to get my XBox 360 to work on my HDTV, but so far it's not working. It works fine in 480p, but when I put it in 1080i (the only HD mode that shows a normal image when I switch to it in the video settings), the right part of the screen is cut off (I noticed while playing bioshock and seeing that the last part of the name on the radio is cut off).

I have an RCA HDTV (not sure of the model). Anyone have any clue why it would do this?

3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584
Meister on

• Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Is the zoom settings set to normal on your TV?

It seems like that might be an easy thing to overlook.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    KrikeeKrikee Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Could be your TV isn't HD. My friend had a small (17"ish) TV with component video inputs that maxed at 480p.

Krikee on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Probably already thought of, but have you flicked the switch on the AV Out from SD to HD?

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    theDangertheDanger Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I second the post above me if you are using the component cables, as this is the same problem I had when I first tried it, and that fixed it right up.

theDanger on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    My TV is pretty big and it says "HDTV" on the front, so I'm assuming it's an HDTV.

The AV is set to HD.
    I am using component cables, is that bad?

Meister on
  • Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    No, it's not bad. Thats what you're supposed to be using unless you happen to have an HDMI cable/port. And yes, the AV should be set to HD.

Check your other inputs, do they get the same problem? (I had an Akai DLP, and over time the picture slowly fell down the screen and started cutting stuff off. Maybe the same problem for you?)

Wezoin on
  • Options
    TurretTurret Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Is it one of these?

Because sure it says it's an HDTV, but it isn't even widescreen. I dunno if they come in 4:3 bigger than that though...

Turret on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    The model looks something like this:
    http://tv.rca.com/en-US/ModelDetail.html?MN=R52WH74&nav=ByTechnology&PC=HighDefinition
    I think that's it, but I don't know. It looks like it.

Also, other inputs work normally, like my DVD and other game consoles.

Meister on