As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fire Works are fun in the [New Year's Eve Thread]

13»

• Options
    Riggs BlitzkriegRiggs Blitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    If you hate it so much you should steal from the pharmacy

Riggs Blitzkrieg on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    It's like 10:30 in the morning here. My city (Kokomo, IN) does a ball drop every year (We're better than New York. We've been using LEDs for 3 years. They just started this year.). So, me being part of the ball drop team, I'll be down there damn near all day prepping this thing. Joy.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    It's like 10:30 in the morning here. My city (Kokomo, IN) does a ball drop every year (We're better than New York. We've been using LEDs for 3 years. They just started this year.). So, me being part of the ball drop team, I'll be down there damn near all day prepping this thing. Joy.

The solution is to rig it to drop quickly to compensate for the boringness.

MKR on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    so just so you guys know the news you'll be waking up to, sydney harbour no longer has a bridge. i managed to capture it on film:
    nye0801.jpg

it was quite the show, however...
    nye0802.jpg
    nye0803.jpg

i hope nobody died

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    MKR on
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I hope this is the year we come into contact with aliens.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Don't hold your breath.

MKR on
  • Options
    TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm going to an "alternative lifestyles" nightclub with two women and the most quite possibly the most homophobic man in existence. This should be hilarious, and failing that, women hooking up with each other when midnight hits. :^:

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I am vexed at the moment

New Year's is one of my favorite days of the year

and I'm sick

which won't necessarily put a damper on my drinking

but will probably affect my ability to hook up with a lady

the wook on
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Just got back from the party. Shit... I feel weird. Not sleeping for ages might do that, or the alcohol, or whatever.At the moment, I'm just trying to stay awake until the next evening so that I can continue in a normal sleep rhythm. What sucks about this? I'm about to fall asleep, and it's 10 fucking 30 AM. Only 11 more hours until I can sleep...

Rhan9 on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Fireworks are fun... but not in my neighborhood because they can very easily be confused for gunshots.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    l_272b4968d3059daa230e7c973bfb3ad9.jpg

All i gots is crappy myspace photos from my phone, Bsjezz ones give you a better indication of the awesomeness of the Sydney fireworks themselves.

I tell you what tho, Sydney is just an awesome place to be on New Years, the people are just brilliant. For instance, I didnt plan on going down to see the bridge fireworks, I just headed down after work to check the crowds. As I was standing there having a look, a chick from Germany asked me if I was waiting for friends, I said no, that I was just checking if the spots are full, and that I've never been on the harbour for new years. She offered to take me to her friends, a group of Japanese students who'd been camped on the edge of the opera house since morning. It was the nicest gesture ever.
    l_9c541ec7e9b8ed803273c89f4992c18a.jpg

They snuck out an arm band for me (it was a restricted area), and I spent the night with random people. Best fun ever. Drinks were hella expensive though 10 bucks for chips!

I didnt get many good shots of the fireworks themselves, which were amazing. I just wanted to give Sydney a pat on the back.
    l_9c362b622651600fa37ec11b1dc36b89.jpg

Trains were certainly fun
    l_20d032487c4d1fc393e3eebc4e9c7e99.jpg

Prohass on
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Prohass wrote: »
    l_272b4968d3059daa230e7c973bfb3ad9.jpg

Geez, that guy on the left has terrible posture. Almost like he's going to collaplse into himself any second...

Iskander on
  • Options
    sonictksonictk Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Guys

There is a fireworks thread I made please post your pretty shots there

dsc0043lr4.jpg

Fireworks are so awesome

sonictk on
  • Options
    TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So the club was awesome, $10 for all you can drink from the champagne fountain plus one fucking delicious buffet equals goooooood times.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png