As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[LOCK PLZ] Game of the Year 2007 poll

1235»

• Options
    PoochPooch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well, just voted. After thinking over my list for a while, it was sort of surprising to see the final result compared to my lsit from last year (which Nintendo ruled with the Wii Zelda and the DS)
    1. God of War 2 (PS2)
    2. Ratchet and Clank : Tools of Destruction (PS3)
    3. Halo 3 (360)
    4. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
    5. Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)
    6. Portal (PC, PS3, 360)
    7. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)
    8. Team Fortress 2 (PC, PS3, 360)
    9. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (DS)
    10. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (DS)
    11. Etrian Odyssey (DS)
    12. Overlord (PC, 360)
    13. Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters (PSP)
    14. Pac-Man Championship Edition (360)
    15. Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (PSP)
    16. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All (DS)
    17. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii)
    18. Picross DS (DS)
    19. Trauma Center: New Blood (Wii)
    20. Beautiful Katamari (360)

I didn't even get a chance to play all my vgames yet, which is why Bioshock and Zack and Wiki and a few others aren't up there, but I guess it's for th best as I had a hard enoguh time picking out a top 10.

Pooch on
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Meiz wrote: »
    Rentilius wrote: »
    Meiz wrote: »
    I don't understand why the bloody fuck you're all gay for portal when it's a simple mechanism crossed with some dark humor.

You fucking blink and it's over not to mention that most of the maps are rather easy.
    because it's amazing and all the games you like are bad

Was I supposed to play it with some sort of ass toy? I've had orgasms that were more amusing.

Well good grief

I might rant about atmosphere and presentation, but I already know from the HL2 thread that these are not your favorite things. You don't like Valve-ish games from Valve! Other people do! Cope! :P

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ah CRAP! I forgot about God of War 2.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    4rch3nemy wrote: »
    bruin wrote: »
    Anyone else find reading other people's lists really interesting? I mean 4rch3nemy has Worms DS 2 over Mario!

Dude, that game has given me so much joy. SO MUCH JOY. This is *the* game to play at my friends' houses with DS now and we have huge tourneys and what not. I *loved* Mario Galaxy but in pure gameplay, almost nothing beats out Worms.

This year was a year of unique/fun gameplay rather than continuing series/graphics I found interesting

Exactly! It wasn't at all meant to be a criticism, I actually just find it to be really interesting.

bruin on
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    4rch3nemy wrote: »
    Anyone else find reading other people's lists really interesting? I mean 4rch3nemy has Worms DS 2 over Mario!

Dude, that game has given me so much joy. SO MUCH JOY. This is *the* game to play at my friends' houses with DS now and we have huge tourneys and what not. I *loved* Mario Galaxy but in pure gameplay, almost nothing beats out Worms.

This year was a year of unique/fun gameplay rather than continuing series/graphics I found interesting

Exactly! It wasn't at all meant to be a criticism, I actually just find it to be really interesting.

No worries, no defensiveness on this side. I've been in the real life zone for far too long and can't properly articulate my feelings of joy and love and peace and happiness on the internet as well as I'd like.

So uhh <3 and stuff.

I can't wait until the list comes out but I fully expect it to be "hyped heavy hitters" on top without any upsets.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I can't tell if Meiz guy is being ironic (based on the CAD avatar, etc) or if he's just a douche.

Edit: Oh, right, he has to have his AV and sig change on a bit.

Hey Meiz, you're just a douche!

YaYa on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    My games in order:

Zack and Wiki (Wii)
    Uncharted : Drakes Fortune (PS3)
    Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
    Portal (PC, PS3, 360)
    Super Paper Mario (Wii)
    Assassin's Creed (360, PS3)
    Crackdown (360)
    Mario Strikers Charged (Wii)
    Cruis'n (Wii)

Yes, I voted for Cruis'n. Yes I bought it. Yes it's terrible but showing it to friends when they've come round has been an un-endless source of amusement. It's like watching a bad film, everyone loves bad films.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    mccmcc glitch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    Voting closes in 3 hours.

mcc on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Poll is CLOSED. I will try to have results up before I go to bed tonight.

Can I get this thread locked, please?

mcc on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Cheers MCC, as a new member I hadn't done one of these, but it's pretty interesting to look at the results now :)

I am overjoyed to discover Zack and Wiki appears to have hit number 20. And amused to discover Cruis'n voted over Time Crisis 4, Manhunt 2 and a few others :)

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited January 2008
This discussion has been closed.