As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] SW:SE - New Jedi Order - Group 2

mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Critical Failures
STAR WARS
NEW JEDI ORDER
Chapter 1: Knight Falls on Coruscant

800px-CorranHornVersusShedaoShai.jpg

It is a dark time in the galaxy. Just as the conflict between the NEW REPUBLIC and the IMPERIAL REMNANT has mostly been resolved, a new menace appears from outside the galactic rim. The YUUZHAN VONG invaded the galaxy, cutting a bloody path from the outer rim to the inner core worlds of the galaxy.

Serpindal and Ithor have been destroyed. Numerous planets have fallen to the invaders, their inhabitants enslaved or slaughtered. The fall of planets such as Rodia, Falleen, Yag’Dhul, Borleias, and Duro have given the Yuuzhan Vong access to CORUSCANT, the cultural and political center of galactic civilization.

At the forefront of the resistance against the invaders are LUKE SKYWALKER and his new generation of JEDI KNIGHTS. Along with the New Republic military forces, they have managed to strike back against the Yuuzhan Vong, saving millions of refugees and slowing the Vong conquest toward the galactic core. The public leadership of the Jedi has made them a target, culminating in the Yuuzhan Vong attack against the JEDI TEMPLE on Yavin 4.

The only hope for the survival of galactic civilization lies with this NEW JEDI ORDER…

mightyspacepope on

• Options
    edited January 2008
    Dramatis Personae

Phitt Sa'Shmi - Nautolan Jedi - Dr. Phibbs - Sheet
    Valan Avau - Human Jedi - Vathris - Sheet
    Va'll Yann - Twi'lek Jedi - amateurhour - Sheet
    Zilvad Alcard - Chiss Soldier - Saint Justice - Sheet

House Rules
    -Use Invisible Castle for dice rolling.
    -Please put your character's full name in the space that says "Character Name".
    -Please use the "Note" space to briefly describe what the roll is for.
    -Please put links to dice rolls in spoiler tags.
    -Description is good. With a look of fury in his eyes, Luke leapt behind Han and brought his saber around, angling for the smuggler's head is a lot cooler than Luke swung his lightsaber at Han.
    -Please disable your sig for the IC posting.
    -If there are any questions, PM!

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    The ramp falls with a pneumatic hiss just as soon as the New Republic military shuttle touches down on the landing pad. A Chiss male exits first, followed by a Twi'lek and a Nautolan.

As the shuttle lifts off again, Alcard's comm-link beeps, signifying an incoming message. "Katarn here. Alcard, have you touched down on Coruscant yet?"

"Affirmative."

"Good, I'd like the three of you to begin your assignment now. Look into the seedier areas of Coruscant, you'll probably want to go about a dozen levels down. Keep an eye out for any Vong or any Peace Brigaders. We know Coruscant is up next on their invasion path, and if they take the galactic capital down, our infrastructure will be crippled. They're likely to have advance agents already in place. Sa'Shmi and Yann should be able to assist you in detecting any scarheads using ooglith masquers to conceal themselves. Good luck, and may the force be with you. Katarn out."

As the Chiss concludes his conversation with Katarn, Phitt and Va'll notice a cloaked humanoid figure at the edge of the landing pad, observing them closely.
    PROTIP: The cloaked humanoid is Valan, but of course none of you know that.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    As Phitt steps off of the shuttle, he takes a deep breath of the Coruscanti air. It may not be the preferred breathing environment, but it's a heck of a lot better than the recycled stuff on that shuttle, he thinks.
    As Zilvad receives his briefing from Kyle Katarn on his commlink, he notices the cloaked figure at the edge of the landing pad.

"Looks like we're already drawing some attention, gentlemen," he says as he reaches out with the force to the individual.
    1d20+5=12 for Sense Force. I believe that when used on an individual it's an opposed check.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    VathrisVathris Baconist @EndofTimeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Valan stands cloaked observing the crowds, So much fear in their eyes. Their wise to fear, doom awaits above.
    He turns to see a large shuttle take off and his ear catches the faint sound of comm-link static coming from the three deplaned individuals.

Hmm, these men are out of place... their eyes show confidence. I wonder... Valan strains to make out the audio, "coPFFTeal the....s. Goo TSSSck, and may the force be with you."

His eyes widen, Master said the New Republic would know of the force, could these men be? Just then, Valan's eyes meet the Nautolan's, a sudden surge in the force emanates... Whats this? He takes a step forward as he removes the cloak from his head.

Vathris on
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    "What kind of attention might that be?"

Zilvad does his best to look nonchalant as his bright, red eyes dart back and forth, searching for potential threats.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Phitt gestures towards the figure, who has unhooded himself.
    "The kind of attention where dark, hooded men stand mysteriously at the edge of a landing pad watching us. Maybe you should talk to our friend here, and find out what business he's got with us," he says, absently fingering the roll of mesh tape on his belt.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    This guy seems like a bit of a smart ass for a Jedi, Zilvad muses to himself.

Shrugging off the sarcastic reply he just received, Zilvad approaches the cloaked man. Keeping himself at just over an arm's length, he narrows his eyes and folds his arms together on his chest. This body language displays the Chiss's apprehension towards the individual, but more importantly allows his hand to rest on the grip of his blaster rifle that hangs in his shoulder holster. If things go awry, Captain Alcard plans on being the first to draw.

"Who are you and what do you want with us?"

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    V'all looks to the others, just greatful that their first assignment together wasn't on Tattooine, which does horrors for someone with pale white skin. He steps down off the ramp, looking to the cloaked figure who just approached, then to the soldier with the itchy trigger finger.

"Now now... I'm sure our visitor is just here to say hello. There's no need to get testy gentlemen." He looks to the cloaked newcomer, unaware he was sent to the group for a reason. "Sir, how about you take care of the small matter of our docking fee and we'll call this whole thing a misunderstanding, consider it official Jedi tax, and doing your Republic a good deed...."

He smiles a wry smile....

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Valan bows, " My name is Valan Avau, hostility is not needed master chiss officer; I desire no ill will upon you. I come seeking aid of those who call themselves the 'New Republic'."

Valan turns, he lifts his left arm to his waist purposefully allowing the sun to shine upon his glimmering lightsaber, "As for you, self proclaimed Jedi, you would be wise not to attempt to deceive a fellow Jedi, if you truly need fiscal aid you are welcome to all I have, but looking at you, it is evident you are well garnished so, please, stop waisting my time."

Valan raises a smile, "Hmm, but I will give you a 'reward' for your actions... a 'credit' to your charisma."

Valan flicks his finger at the pale Twi'Lek, from within the shadows of his trappings, a credit chip tears through the air towards the Jedi.

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "No hostility was intended, Valan. However, we are at war and one can't be too cautious. I am Captain Zilvad Alcard of the New Republic and would be happy to assist any Jedi in need. Tell me, were you not trained at the academy? How did you become a Jedi and remain unfamiliar with the Republic?

Zilvad rubs his chin thoughtfullly with his right hand. As his black glove drifts from his cheeks to his chin's point, he assesses the situation.
    This human could prove a distraction from our mission, but then again, another Jedi might prove invaluable to the squad. . .

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    The credit plinks off V'all's eyebrow and lands on the ground in front of him.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The credit plinks off V'all's eyebrow and lands on the ground in front of him.

V'all does some quick footwork and springs the coin to the toe of his leather boot, then pops it into the air, catching it mid flight and smiling as he glances to the one who threw it. "Thanks, just remember that in the end, you still paid.......sir..." The last part was said with a slightly different tone.

"So what are we here for anyway, and are we getting straight to it, or do we have a parsec or two to take a tour the local cantina....?"

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Phitt smirks at the twi'lek, "I'm sure that a tour of the local cantinas wouldn't fall too far from our mission, but I'd like to hear what our friend here has to say for himself before we go too far.
    "That said, I believe I've been rude; allow me to introduce myself," Phitt extends his hand to Valan, "as Phitt Sa'shmi, a Jedi like yourself."

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "It is a Pleasure Captain Zilvad and Jedi Phitt, please excuse my manners as well, I was not aware that there were other Jedi besides my master and myself. Meeting you has opened a whole dimension of questions in my mind."

"Yet, I am rather relieved, I lost contact with my master when Duros fell, he ordered me to this planet and commanded that I aid those who hail as the 'New Republic'. I sense that our meeting has it's roots in destiny."
    Valan extends his hand, "May I ask your name twi'lek?"

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    V'all extends his hand, givng a firm shake to Vathis' "V'all Yann" he says with that same cocky dialougue. I'm proof the force has a sense of humor, and isn't completely up a Bantha's...... anyway... It's good you're here. It's about time we started gathering in numbers again, to let the people know that we're back, and once again ready to be a symbol of the new republic."

"So..... now that we've introduced ourselves, where to?"

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "We need to head to the lower levels so I suppose the closest cantina is a reasonable destination. Just remember, we're there on business. This isn't a vacation."

Zilvad raises an eyebrow at Phitt as he delivers the last couple statements.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Captain, May I join you? It is imperative that I assist the New Republics efforts here on Coruscant."

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Of course, Valan. Now, let's get going before we draw too much attention from loitering around here"

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    As the group leaves the spaceport, Phitt is watching his surroundings for any sign of people paying an unusual amount of attention to the group.

1d20 6=18 for perception roll.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    The group leaves the landing pad and begins their journey to the lower levels. After taking several elevators down and using a number of different walkways, they find their way to a level that is far less clean and savory than where they started. People here seem to walk quickly, determined to get to their destination without much meandering. Most of their faces seem downtrodden. Life here is tough, but they try their best to make do with what they have.

As some beings walk by, you can detect something much more dangerous in their eyes. While some people do their best to make an honest living, these are the people who prey off of them. These individuals eye the group, but pass them by, at least for now.

Near several apartment buildings and a grocery store, they spot a cantina. A faded sign outside reads "The Randy Dewback" and depicts a dewback performing an unsavory act upon a TIE Fighter. Someone has crossed out the TIE Fighter and scrawled a crude version of a Vong coralskipper in its place.

Upon entering the cantina, it seems to be fairly busy. Two Bith sit together at the end of the bar nearest them, while a female human, an Aqualish, and a Shistavenan are spaced out at the bar, obviously alone. A group of Rodians and Trandoshans are at a table in the corner, playing some sort of card game. They are dressed in a similar manner, wearing leather jackets with an image of a flaming mynock on the back, suggesting they are members of the same gang. Two Wookiees are at another table, eating some sort of raw meat dish and speaking loudly to each other.

The bartender is a red-skinned Twi'lek female. Her lekku are tattooed with tribal symbols. She is currently cleaning mugs behind the bar.

A number of flatscreen monitors are set up around the room. Some of them are broadcasting news channels while others are displaying various sporting events, one of which seems to consist of heavily protocol droids fighting to their destruction in an arena of some sort. The two Wookiees are closely watching that program and cheering loudly, and somewhat drunkenly.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Staying close to the group waiting for Zilvad to take point, Valan takes a hard look around room, looking for potential trouble.

"So what are we looking for Captain?"

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Wasting no time, Phitt saunters up to the bar and smiles as warmly as he can muster at the bartender, "Hey beautiful, how about a Tarisian Ale for myself and a round for my companions here as well?"
    Not sure on a price on the drinks, but I'll edit my post to show me paying her w/tip once we figure something out in that regard.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    V'all sees the Twi'Lek bartender, and immediately slides to the bar, giving an eye to the patrons, then to the lovely, and multiple curves of the bartender.

"Thanks for the drink Phitt." V'all smiles and looks at the twi'lek "So, what kind of trouble should we be looking for in here? Anything we need to know about?"

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Zilvad confidently takes the lead as the group enters the cantina. With the rigid, precise posture one might expect from a military officer, he struts into the establishment like it is the bridge of a ship under his command.

He takes in the sights and sounds, looking for suspicious activity, particularly any Vong or Peace Brigade personnel.
    Subtly turning his head towards Valan, Zilvad replies, We're looking for any leads on Yuuzhan Vong activity, including their sympathizers and supporters.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    "Supporters? You mean to say there are those who wish to aid those monsters?" Valans voice deepens, "Sickening." Valan makes his way to the bar next to V'all. Valan picks up his drink, "Thank you madam. "

He turns to Phitt, "Quite generous of you, I never have actually consumed alcohol, my master forbade me from most luxury beverages. Did you have similar restrictions?"

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Phitt raises a brow at his new companion and responds, "You're in for quite a treat, I assure you. Tarisian ale is known for its, ah, kick. And my master never had a problem with partaking of the odd luxury here and there, when appropriate." He takes a drink from his glass.
    "And now, I think, is an appropriate time," he says with a wink and a meaningful gesture toward the rest of the cantina.
    As he sits, Phitt has his eye on the cantina for anything out of place or not quite part of the crowd.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    The bartender bristles as Phitt calls her "beautiful", but still pours four mugs of ale. "Sorry, Nautolan, but no Tarisian here. Besides the domestic stuff, the only import we have is Corellian, which is in your mugs. I'm not sure where you think you are, but this ain't no topside Corsucanti bar. You're with the dregs now, in what used to be Invisec during Imp Rule."

She turns to V'all. "As for trouble, let's see. Those Trandos and bugsuckers in the back, they're a gang called the Pyronoks. Don't mess with 'em. Those Wooks over at the table? Drunks, don't mess with 'em. The Shistavenen? Rough customer, don't mess with him. The Aqualish? Ugly and grumpy, don't mess with him. As for the Bith and the human, I don't know, never saw 'em here before." With this, she turns away and resumes cleaning glasses.
    -The tab for the drinks so far is 20 credits.
    -Phitt, Zilvad, and Valan notice that the Aqualish seems to be taking a great deal of interest in the group.
    -Zilvad and Valan notice that the female human is scoping out the various beings in the bar.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Phitt's smile falters just a bit at the disappointment of no Tarisian Ale, but he smiles again when his glass is served, "Ah, well, Corellian suds are much better than none at all, eh?" As he looks into his drink, from the corner of his eye he notices an Aqualish taking an unhealthy amount of interest in the party. Taking a sip, he closes his eyes, touches the Force, and says telepathically to Zilvad, "Orders, Captain?"

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Zilvad, I assume you see what I see?

Valan makes eye contact with the woman; he searches his feelings as he keeps his stare.

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Leaning in towards Phitt, Zilvad says quietly, "Keep an eye on the crowd while I check out our Aqualish friend. He seems suspiciously interested in us and we need you on the lookout for ambushes."

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Nodding in affirmation, Phitt takes a pull of his drink and scans the crowd out of his peripheral vision while he focuses most of his attention on the twi'lek bartender, barely paying attention to the goings on around him.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Distracted by the bartender, Phitt is only able to keep a general eye on the events of the bar. One of the Wookiees, reacting to the combat droid sporting event, roars and pounds on the table in anger. As he does so, he knocks his drink onto the floor, where the mug shatters. His companions guffaws loudly in amusement.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Keeping eye contact, Valan reluctantly takes a sip of the drink and raises his brow. "Interesting."

He lays his drink down and with a smile makes his way over the woman. "Hello, please forgive my stare, I have not seen a human woman in quite some time, your beauty is jarring to me. My name is Valan, may I buy you a drink?"

Vathris on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    The woman looks Valan up and down. "Sure thing pal, it's a free planet. Or at least it should be. Hopefully soon, it will be. Your accent... you're not from here, are you?"

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Phitt grins again at the bartender and says to her in a voice he thinks is discreet (but he may as well have shouted, probably due to the fact that basic is language that lacks the subtlety he's used to in his native form of speech), "What can you tell me about our aqualish friend over there, ma'am?" as he winks and slides some credits across the table, twice as much as his tab thus far.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on