As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

UFO attack

NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
edited January 2008 in Artist's Corner
This was a piece i did a while ago, and scanned into ps and had fun with. i repainted the BG in ps but scanned in the ufo and the girl.
in person this is all 3d with the boarder, girl, ufo and bg on different planes. i added more ufos for this digital version.
girlUFOcopy.jpg

NakedZergling on

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The only thing I have to say right now is that the background and foreground look like completely different styles. I'm not sure they mesh.

NightDragon on
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    yeah the bg was originally done in guache and it wouldn't scan correctly because it was set back about an inch in a make shift shadow box. so i repainted the bg in ps...i noticed that too:(

NakedZergling on
    edited January 2008
    well...I mean more that the background has this loose, amorphous quality with thick outlines, very saturated and colorful.

...and the foreground has sharp, jagged edges with the hatching, and much more muted colors. Speaking of the hatching, you may want to go back and clean it up a bit. Try to make the hatching evenly spaced throughout the piece. On the largest UFO, for example, it's spaced really far apart, and is kind of distracting.

NightDragon on
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    this is how it looked at first
    girlufoorig.jpg

NakedZergling on
    edited January 2008
    Ah, alright then.

NightDragon on