As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penalties for File Sharing

Spoom182Spoom182 Registered User regular
What are they? My friend just told me about a woman who was charged 220,000 dollars for sharing 24 songs online, and that just seems insane to me. What are the rules for the punishments?

Spoom182 on

• Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    File-sharing suites are usually civil suites, so the penalties are not specified by law. Usually the RIAA says something like "This song is part of an album for sale at $20, and there were 1000 people who connected to the infringer's computer over this period of time, so we are owed $20,000 per song."

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Spoom182Spoom182 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ah, thanks. What about if I was to download a song from someone? My brother told me that isn't illegal.

Spoom182 on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If you're using torrents, you're going to uploading as you're downloading so it's still the same thing.

Tav on
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Spoom182 wrote: »
    Ah, thanks. What about if I was to download a song from someone? My brother told me that isn't illegal.

Yes, if you download a song from someone, that is illegal (may not be if you own the recording already in another format.) The record companies go after people who share songs because they are much easier to catch - 1000 songs shared = more visible impact than getting a guy for downloading 1 song.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    Spoom182 wrote: »

Yes, if you download a song from someone, that is illegal (may not be if you own the recording already in another format.) The record companies go after people who share songs because they are much easier to catch - 1000 songs shared = more visible impact than getting a guy for downloading 1 song.

Easier to win and prosecute against in court, you mean. It's not that it isn't illegal, because it is, though there hasn't been anyone prosecuted for simply downloading to my knowledge.

I should probably mention that linking or discussing exact methods of illegal filesharing is against the rules on this forum though. Talking about repercussions and legal aspects like this thread is okay though.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well, if you live in Canada, the downloading isn't illegal. The Uploading is however.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Sceptre wrote: »
    Well, if you live in Canada, the downloading isn't illegal. The Uploading is however.

I've heard of similar laws in Japan. Some media companies are trying to get this changed.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    tracertongtracertong Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    What you need to do if you get caught is SETTLE.

tracertong on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    tracertong wrote: »
    What you need to do if you get caught is fight the bastards.

TL DR on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    tracertong wrote: »
    What you need to do if you get caught is fight the bastards.

Actually this is true. Now that people have actually been giving judges the opportunity to rule against the RIAA/MPAA they've been punching holes in the legal arguments put forth by those two left, right and center. The tide is slowly shifting towards personal freedoms again in the USA.

Of course in Canada we've still mostly got those so it's less of a concern.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Rope them up in enough time where their costs outweigh what theill get from you, thats how the pettier cases will stop coming up.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Rope them up in enough time where their costs outweigh what theill get from you, thats how the pettier cases will stop coming up.

Uh, they already lose money from all the litigation. Some RIAA legal people admitted as much during the summer. These people do not seem to operate under human or business logic. I guess having companies with $texas in their accounts backing you up throws such considerations out the window.

Steel Angel on
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    cliffskicliffski Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    DrDizaster wrote: »

Actually this is true. Now that people have actually been giving judges the opportunity to rule against the RIAA/MPAA they've been punching holes in the legal arguments put forth by those two left, right and center. The tide is slowly shifting towards personal freedoms again in the USA.

You may want to re-phrase that. i don't think you have a personal freedom to take something you haven't paid for, unless somehow I missed the news and its legal to walk out of walmart without paying?
    Yes the MPAA and RIAA are dicks, and some of the fines are high, but lets not kid ourselves the people in question were innocent either.

cliffski on
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    cliffski wrote: »

You may want to re-phrase that. i don't think you have a personal freedom to take something you haven't paid for, unless somehow I missed the news and its legal to walk out of walmart without paying?
    Yes the MPAA and RIAA are dicks, and some of the fines are high, but lets not kid ourselves the people in question were innocent either.

Yeah, I wouldn't count "getting something for free that you should have paid for" as a freedom. What the record companies need to realize is that the "filesharing" backlash has to do with the fact that people were sick of paying $20 for a CD when they only wanted the 1 to 3 good tracks on it. Hence why the iTunes store has taken off - they've shown that if you make it easy for people to get the music legally, they will.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Maybe true, but yet some people continue to pirate that same music. When you can buy it for so cheap, no DRM with a high bit rate from itunes, there is really little excuse.

cliffski on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

Yeah, I wouldn't count "getting something for free that you should have paid for" as a freedom. What the record companies need to realize is that the "filesharing" backlash has to do with the fact that people were sick of paying $20 for a CD when they only wanted the 1 to 3 good tracks on it. Hence why the iTunes store has taken off - they've shown that if you make it easy for people to get the music legally, they will.

Even iTunes is too crappy and too expensive. And it's not available in a hell lot of countries, too.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2008

It's legal to rip tracks from a CD you've bought to your computer. At least, it will be unless the RIAA has their way. I'm of the opinion that it's better to avoid RIAA artists entirely, and stick with open services like Jamendo or Magnatune.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    corcorigancorcorigan Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The irony is that if you couldn't copy CDs to your computer CD sales would disappear overnight, there's no way the equivalent would be spent on online sales, and it would totally kill the record industry.

Radiohead would be laughing though.

corcorigan on
    Ad Astra Per Aspera
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    corcorigan wrote: »
    The irony is that if you couldn't copy CDs to your computer CD sales would disappear overnight, there's no way the equivalent would be spent on online sales, and it would totally kill the record industry.

You have to remember that the people they have representing the industry have also said that playing your music loud enough for other people to hear is a copyright violation. This may have been the England side of things. Their disconnect with reality and logic is, well, like an internet fanboy's.

Thankfully at least some companies are coming to grips with the need to adapt to the new environment instead of just scapegoating piracy for all their ills. Unfortunately, some other industries where people pirate stuff seem to be stepping up to the head up the ass plate.

Steel Angel on

Steam Profile
  • Options
    waterloggedwaterlogged Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yes it's illegal, no you should not fight them unless you have a good amount of cash, even copying a CD is now being argued illegal, and cracking any form of DRM is illegal.

That all said, not like you're going to get caught ripping CD's at home.

waterlogged on
    Democrat that will switch parties and turn red if Clinton is nominated.:P[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Man, I wonder if people are still around that remember when the RIAA tried to stop music on the radio, becuase you know, if people can listen to music for free on the radio, they would never buy it.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The nail that sticks out gets the hammer. Let's enjoy our dubious freedoms before they're taken by our corporate overlords.

Doesn't fighting out of spite mean anything to you?

Wouldn't you sacrifice your TV for the chance to go back in time and kick Hitler in the sack?

Go back to China with your mentality.

TL DR on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008

It's my personal freedom to make as many copies as I need for personal use of media that I've purchased legally. It's also my personal freedom to not self-incriminate, and I have a right to privacy. These three things add up to one hell of a defense against the media conglomerates when the courts of the land respect them as they ought to.

When I say we still have personal freedoms I mean we still have the right to make copies of things we've bought.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    corcorigan wrote: »

You have to remember that the people they have representing the industry have also said that playing your music loud enough for other people to hear is a copyright violation. This may have been the England side of things. Their disconnect with reality and logic is, well, like an internet fanboy's.

Thankfully at least some companies are coming to grips with the need to adapt to the new environment instead of just scapegoating piracy for all their ills. Unfortunately, some other industries where people pirate stuff seem to be stepping up to the head up the ass plate.

And then they go and mix and compress CDs so much that the song is blaringly loud even with the dial at 2..

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

It's my personal freedom to make as many copies as I need for personal use of media that I've purchased legally. It's also my personal freedom to not self-incriminate, and I have a right to privacy. These three things add up to one hell of a defense against the media conglomerates when the courts of the land respect them as they ought to.

When I say we still have personal freedoms I mean we still have the right to make copies of things we've bought.

This is a relatively new idea but it's also one well founded in logic. The only reason to have a printing press, back in the day, was to print things, generally books, and unless you are writing all of them, they belong to someone. The only motivation to make multiple copies of someone else's book would be to sell them, and that would lessen (though not completely remove) the author's incentive to write more books.

However, in the current situation, almost every newish computer has the technology to copy a CD and convert that data into other, more portable formats. Also, there are real, practical, noncommercial applications that provide added value to the consumer at no cost to the producer (except possibly a lack of additional revenue from a wide reaching, invasive enforcement of per-device licensing). In fact, in the vast majority of cases, noncommercial copying of music tends to increase the value of the media copied (by making it more well-known), which is fairly ironic.

The entire situation has dramatically changed, and it will take decades for copyright law and fair use defenses to catch up with the technology.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    imperial6imperial6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I just want to chime in and say that pirating music is NOT the same as walking out of a store, cd's in hand, without paying. Stealing the physical copy means taking from someone who paid to have it printed, packed, shipped, stored, and resold. Pirating digital media is stealing just the intellectual property, as there are no other property rights at stake there. So one could believe it is morally acceptable to download illegally and at the sametime believe it is morally wrong to take the music illegally from a store. It's true both are illegal, but for different reasons.

Still, the corporations are going about this the wrong way. It's impossible to quantify how much revenue is gained or lost by the existance of x amount of piracy. Many downloaders wouldn't bother trying to acquire a copy were it not free, and as others have pointed out, piracy leads to more exposure which may lead to more legitimate sales in the future. On the other hand, there are certainly some percentage of pirated copies that are just lost sales. The point is instead of going after the consumer directly in court as part of a campaign to bring your average customer in line through fear (much like the IRS--what are people's opinions of them these days?) the companies should simply make it more cost effective or attractive for a person to purchase the music legally rather than pirate it. Part of that is basic copy protection that won't interfere with legitimate users. I'm not an industry analyst, but the bigger part would seem to be simply lowering the price, especially to those most likely to be pirating music. I'm thinking of like a military/student discount at the movies, or the apple store, but for itunes.

Then, market the legal stuff as somehow intrinsically better--more secure, faster, higher quality (even if it's usually not) instead of spending marketing money trying to make people feel guilty about stealing (if they don't already, they're probably not going to start because of your cheapo ads). Reward your customers for being loyal through giving discounts or free songs for every x number of purchases, instead of punishing them with lawsuits for file sharing.
    Realistic pricing + good will of the consumer + new marketing approach = win.
    High prices + alienating the consumer + "don't copy that floppy" marketing = lose.

imperial6 on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    imperial6 wrote: »
    I just want to chime in and say that pirating music is NOT the same as walking out of a store, cd's in hand, without paying.

You can argue that, but from the POV of someone making music or games, its the same thing. The end result is that someone who liked the product and wanted the product ended up being satisfied without paying the creator of it any money.

When you make something, you guess the size of the potential market, your likelihood of selling, the estimated total revenue, and you will invest less than that in order to leave some room for profit, assuming your market predictions are roughly ok. If you make a crap product, you wont sell enough, and that fine, its how capitalism works. but if you make a good product and yet half the potential market take it for free, the system falls to bits.
    We are already seeing this in games, battlefield 3 will be ad supported dumbed down crap, because they have given up trying to combat piracy of it. the COD series is now primarily a console game.

Every time you purchase a song, movie or game, you send an invisible signal to the content creator that "we like this...make more" and every time you pirate it, that message is lost. Whether or not the end user feeld guilty or not is irrelevant, sheer economics dictates that piracy directly taregts and hurts the exact set of content creators that the pirates like, because they are the ones whose market gets shrunk, and who end up back in walmart with day jobs, producing less content :(

So the message I'm trying to get across, is that even if you don't give a fck about anyone but yourself, it's in your very best interests to pay for content you like, because that encourages more works to be made that cater to your own tastes. Even if (due to drm concerns) you buy it, then play the hacked copy, it still makes sense to do that.

cliffski on
  • Options
    imperial6imperial6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I agree we should pay for content we like, and you're right about the basics of capitalism and piracy not meshing at all. The problem with consumers paying for content they like is that those doing the piracy often simply can't afford all the content they like. Your average student is not going to be able to spend $50 a month on songs (easy to find 50 songs a month you like though), $50 a month on 2-3 movies, and $50 a month on a video game. Hell your average family of four probably can't do that. Anyway, I'm getting away from my point, which is that piracy can be a net positive for the industry, if it is limited to those who can't afford legitimate copies, because of the increased exposure.

Take microsoft for example. If they really wanted to, they could end piracy of windows, but they don't--they just make it difficult. Why? It's advantageous for them to have people using windows who wouldn't if it wasn't free. These people will be much more likely in the future, when their economic situation is better, to buy a legitmate copy of windows (since they are accustomed to using it) as opposed to someone who didn't pirate windows when they were broke and became a linux user or whatever.

It's a bit different for the music and movie industry, the advantage is less concrete there...but still, if you are able to download a Killers album for free now, and you like it, maybe in a year you purchase the new one because you know you liked their stuff. I agree though that if you do pirate something and you like it, you should pay for it if at all possible, otherwise you're just screwing yourself in the long run by breaking the system. What I'm saying is that you're absolutely right about the negative impact of piracy on the industry, but I'm pointing out the other side of the double-edge sword, and that if these people are smart, they know a little piracy is good for them.

Oh, and you referenced games a lot in your post, and they do have a serious problem there. It stems from being a niche market in which the majority of your customer base is both very technically oriented, at least compared to the population at large, and also lower income. So the traditional method of "make it hard, but not impossible to pirate" doesn't work because copy protection can't make the cost in time of piracy more detrimental to the typical consumer than the real money cost of the product. See Bioshock for the latest example of a publisher trying to raise the piracy barrier so high that it ends up alienating legitimate users. Copy protection can't go any farther, the industry has to adapt now. There are a couple bright spots though where it is happening, namely Steam and the mainstream success of subscription-based games like WoW. That is the future of pc gaming, and I'm not convinced that's a bad thing. Consoles have become just as powerful, if not more so, than the average pc, and I see nothing wrong with the move of certain developers to the console. PC gaming still has an opprotunity to be its own unique experience, but developers and companies are actually going to have to be creative about it.

imperial6 on
  • Options
    waterloggedwaterlogged Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The nail that sticks out gets the hammer. Let's enjoy our dubious freedoms before they're taken by our corporate overlords.

Wouldn't you sacrifice your TV for the chance to go back in time and kick Hitler in the sack?

Sigh,

Look kid (I have to assume you are since no adult would make such a stupid statement) it takes a lot of cash to fend off a crew of lawyers. Unless you have a high priced crack lawyer retained, you aren't really going to win. It will also cost more for the lawyer to win then the fine, possibly more then even the 220,000 fee that one lady got slapped with.

So unless you feel like financially ruining your family, yes your ass best settle. Now if you're going to sacrifice your family and ruin them, have at. But that's what a child does.

waterlogged on
    Democrat that will switch parties and turn red if Clinton is nominated.:P[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Sigh,

Look kid (I have to assume you are since no adult would make such a stupid statement) it takes a lot of cash to fend off a crew of lawyers. Unless you have a high priced crack lawyer retained, you aren't really going to win. It will also cost more for the lawyer to win then the fine, possibly more then even the 220,000 fee that one lady got slapped with.

So unless you feel like financially ruining your family, yes your ass best settle. Now if you're going to sacrifice your family and ruin them, have at. But that's what a child does.

If somebody tries to rob you, just give them your wallet and keys because they might have a small tank hidden on their person.

There are lawyers who will take cases for much less than the RIAA's lawyers charge, or sometimes even pro-bono. There are organizations who will assist the defendant with legal costs and advice. Some people even keep a stash of money squared away in case something unexpected happens, such as a flooded house or being sued by the mafiaa. "You might lose" is not a good enough reason to settle with tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, especially when judges and juries have been taking an increasingly dim view of the RIAA's lawsuits.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    stuff

I think a lot of media companies are stuck in a mindset of a decade or more ago still where other forms of media weren't so mainstream and competing for the same entertainment budget. DVDs are more accessible pricewise compared to VHS tapes, games and anime used to only appeal to kids and basement dwelling mouth breathers, some genres of music were much harder to get ahold of, etc.

While part of me feels the desire to punch anyone who feels that they're automatically entitled to entertainment, from a business point of view it's far more important to keep making money. Moral victories against piracy mean little if your products are stagnating in the interim. If a pirate wasn't going to shell out money if there was no free alternative, you don't really win any money from dealing with them but bad business decisions because you're too focused on piracy to see the other problems in your industry most assuredly costs money.

Steel Angel on

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Janin wrote: »
    If somebody tries to rob you, just give them your wallet and keys because they might have a small tank hidden on their person.

There are lawyers who will take cases for much less than the RIAA's lawyers charge, or sometimes even pro-bono. There are organizations who will assist the defendant with legal costs and advice. Some people even keep a stash of money squared away in case something unexpected happens, such as a flooded house or being sued by the mafiaa. "You might lose" is not a good enough reason to settle with tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, especially when judges and juries have been taking an increasingly dim view of the RIAA's lawsuits.

Not to mention, $220k gets you more lawyer than you could use.

I mean, complimentary rides to and from court in a stretch hummer are nice and everything, but this is a hypothetical person so miserly as to have offended the RIAA in the first place, so...

Edit: And Echo, I feel the same way. So often I find myself thinking, "Why can't I download a sandwich right now?"

TL DR on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    I just want to chime in and say that pirating music is NOT the same as walking out of a store, cd's in hand, without paying.

I roll my eyes so hard at that "You wouldn't steal a car!" crap on DVDs (which I've paid for) that I have to feel around for them under the couch.

No, I wouldn't steal a car, but I'd totally make an exact copy down to the atomic level if ctrl-c and ctrl-v only worked IRL.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    unfortunately if that were possible, there would be no car to copy, because who the hell works 5 years on designing a new car if it will not sell any copies?

Thats the whole problem.

I'm not so fussed by people copying my games if they are some poor kid in uzbekistan with no money, who may buy my next game one day. What winds me up are the ones with a $3,000 PC in the USA who pirate the games anyway, and especially the ones who actively upload (and in some cases re-upload daily) new cracked copies of the games, to do as much as they can to try and put me out of business. When people like that get prosecuted, I have zero sympathy for them. they are basically doing what they can to kill off gaming, they are repeatedly and knowingly breaking the law out of spite, and frankly, need to be caught and have the book thrown at them.

cliffski on
  • Options
    TreelootTreeloot Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Uh, they already lose money from all the litigation. Some RIAA legal people admitted as much during the summer. These people do not seem to operate under human or business logic. I guess having companies with $texas in their accounts backing you up throws such considerations out the window.

While a lawsuit might cost more than the RIAA makes from the suit itself, I would assume their overall goal from the lawsuits is to increase music sales to make more money.

Treeloot on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    unfortunately if that were possible, there would be no car to copy, because who the hell works 5 years on designing a new car if it will not sell any copies?

Who the hell works 12 years at writing an operating system if they're giving it away for free?

But then, that's for a different thread.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    victor_c26victor_c26 Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Maybe true, but yet some people continue to pirate that same music. When you can buy it for so cheap, no DRM with a high bit rate from itunes, there is really little excuse.

Screw that. I prefer having an actual physical copy that I can re-rip as many times as I want. $10 for the original master copy on Amazon isn't that bad really. Don't buy your CDs from FYE, etc (I don't even remember the other stores. I was going to put Coconuts, but I remembered they went out of business. That's how long it's been since I've gone to an actual "Record store").

victor_c26 on
    It's been so long since I've posted here, I've removed my signature since most of what I had here were broken links. Shows over, you can carry on to the next post.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »

Who the hell works 12 years at writing an operating system if they're giving it away for free?

But then, that's for a different thread.

Eeek, you really want to apply that to games?
    Personally I enjoy Call Of Duty 4, Sim City, Company of heroes etc etc. How many games of that quality are freeware?

The thing is, if people prefer free, or even open source games, I think that's fine, I even open sourced one or two of my older ones, but if that's what they want, that doesn't vaguely justify them pirating closed source commercial games. In fact, doing so totally undermines their position.

cliffski on
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I would like anyone arguing that it's a lost sale to go ahead and prove any individual pirating software/music/movies would have bought it. In fact I think that's the main thing... they don't give enough of a shit about your product to buy it. They are only interested in passing. If they were really interested they would buy it no question, just to have a physical copy, a working license (and thus hassle free online play), etc.

I'm sorry, but I'm just guessing the majority of the time people wouldn't care enough to buy the product anyway. You can whine about a lost sale, but if there were no pirated copy floating around I'm willing to bet the person that would have pirated it will simply sit at home and twiddle their thumbs and mess around with something they already have. They'll listen to a CD they already have, watch a movie they've got waiting in their DVD player, etc. And least because of the pirating you get some kind of exposure.

You should be more worried about phony or imitation (depending to the degree) products, generally sold for profit. Things that are just generally bad for your brand are the things that should be squashed.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2008

Or it would be a huge boost for each and every industry imaginable since anyone with a vision can now mass-produce a car without the massive investment required to put it on an assembly line.

Can't the Star Trek future where nobody is concerned with money arrive already?

Echo on