As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blue Dragon: The best bad music you'll ever hear

2»

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, the boss song is bad, even badder than the Power Glove.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Also, I guess this game was pretty decent or something. Could have stood to be a little more difficult though.
    I'm finding Hard Mode (from the free XBLA download) to be a decent enough challenge. Especially early in the game, I'm finding fights that can actually put a dent in me, as well as bosses that require me to plan things out.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    RedMageDarionRedMageDarion Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Also, I guess this game was pretty decent or something. Could have stood to be a little more difficult though.
    I'm finding Hard Mode (from the free XBLA download) to be a decent enough challenge. Especially early in the game, I'm finding fights that can actually put a dent in me, as well as bosses that require me to plan things out.
    Oh, yes. I played on Hard mode.

It's fine at the beginning of the game. A few of the early bosses just tear you up.

But once you get 40-50% of the way through, you still walk all over everything, because all Hard Mode does is double-ish the enemies' Speed and Damage, and maybe 4x their HP.

You can completely break the system by putting any thought at all into your characters' skillsets. The skill that gives you the DEF of a Guardian regardless of your class is invaluable, as is the ability that makes your MP take any damage that would otherwise kill you.

Anyway, the point is, you eventually catch up with (and then quickly surpass) the enemy and they no longer stand a chance against you.

Also, getting skill points (or whatever they're called) becomes ridiculously easy once you get Field Barrier.

RedMageDarion on
    Pokemon White - 3954.6369.6328
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I would like to point out that music in this game is brilliant and not all screaming deep purple.

The music that accompanies saving Maruo Maruo's village is amazing for example.

Each chapter of the game has distinct music as well, adding to the episodic nature of this game.

useless4 on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I know its very likely, but can someone confirm that you can play your own soundtrack and mute the game's soundtrack?

This is how every 360 game works

bruin on
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    bruin wrote: »
    I know its very likely, but can someone confirm that you can play your own soundtrack and mute the game's soundtrack?

I know, just making sure this game wasn't an exception. That music is painful, and I still have the unopened game sitting with its receipt.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

I know, just making sure this game wasn't an exception. That music is painful, and I still have the unopened game sitting with its receipt.

Oh jeeze. Get out of this thread! :P That music fits perfectly with the game.

urahonky on
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    urahonky wrote: »

It would have been fine if the guy could actually hit the fucking high notes. Instead he manages to barely scratch garage-band quality singing.

Pb on
  • Options
    FreakinchairFreakinchair Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I don't know why so many people hate the boss music, I think it's the best I've ever heard.

There's a freaking BADASS GUITAR SOLO in the middle of it. Nothing says epic like a guitar solo.

I would kill for this song on Rock Band or GH3.

Freakinchair on
    I'd construct a situation such that everyone died at the exact same moment so that we could attack whatever afterlife there happens to be en masse and so take it over and create a perfect unending afterlife existence. Also, everyone who wanted one would have an afterlife pony.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Pb wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

It would have been fine if the guy could actually hit the fucking high notes. Instead he manages to barely scratch garage-band quality singing.

Which is why it's so awesome!

urahonky on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Oh, yes. I played on Hard mode.

It's fine at the beginning of the game. A few of the early bosses just tear you up.

But once you get 40-50% of the way through, you still walk all over everything, because all Hard Mode does is double-ish the enemies' Speed and Damage, and maybe 4x their HP.

You can completely break the system by putting any thought at all into your characters' skillsets. The skill that gives you the DEF of a Guardian regardless of your class is invaluable, as is the ability that makes your MP take any damage that would otherwise kill you.

Anyway, the point is, you eventually catch up with (and then quickly surpass) the enemy and they no longer stand a chance against you.

Also, getting skill points (or whatever they're called) becomes ridiculously easy once you get Field Barrier.
    Well, yeah, if you break the game the game will be broken. I've been maintaining pretty strict classes for everyone except Shu (Monk for Maru, Assassin for Zola, White/Support for Jiro, and Black/Barrier for Kluke), and it's been a decent challenge level. The normal enemies still fall fast enough, but the bosses do some good damage, which makes it a lot more fun.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The music is, dare I say, downright rocking from just a straight musical point of view. It's only when you add in the "Holy fuck my brain" lyrics things get ugly. I don't think anybody would have had a problem if there was no singing, or at the very least have been in japanese so nobody could understand it. Sadly though, I too have fallen into the trap of having listened to it multiple times and now enjoy the song far more than I should. :)

As for the game... Meh sums up my feelings pretty much. I'm glad I rented it, because there was absolutely no spark to it that got me hooked. I was bored. I swear, they focused way too much on the developers and "Hey look! Look at all these famous people making the game! Look at them!". Except... all that talent didn't amount to shit.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Wow. I just listened to the Boss track for the first time.

I'm both confused and amused.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Let's share our pain and get this song into Rock Band.

Atlus Parker on