As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread:

Extending Speakers

JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
There was a nice bargain on a logitech 5.1 surround sound system for the computer. Ive got my computer hooked up to the TV in the living room and have sound going out of the computer.

The speakers plug into a subwoofer, and the cables are not as long as I would like to be. I made a mistake and ordered the wrong cables off of monoprice.

The cables that plug into the subwoofer seem to be the same type that you would use for a TV (Yellow, red, white). What kind of cables are those, and if I were to buy them do any of you know if I would have any complications?

Jigrah on


  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Should be called composite audio/video cables (though some call them RCA cables). Though they should probably be just white/red (which are the audio channels) without the yellow (which is the video). You should be able to pick some up in any electronics store near you.

    Daenris on
  • Options
    saltinesssaltiness Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm assuming they're RCA type cables. RCA extension cables should be no problem. Just make sure you get the right female/male combination.

    saltiness on
    XBL: heavenkils
Sign In or Register to comment.