As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Promethean The Created Interest Thread

DataranDataran Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Critical Failures
"The game is inspired by the classic tales of Frankenstein's monster, the Golem and other such simulacra. The characters are individuals created by first dismembering and reassembling a human corpse in most cases or corpses in others to form a human body, then animating the body with Pyros, the Divine Fire. The resulting creation is known as a Promethean. Animated by the Divine Fire, but lacking a soul, Prometheans seek the greatest prize they know: humanity"

So I find myself with alot of time recently and am interested in running a Promethean game. Due to the very nature of the Prometheans this will have to be a small group.

I'm aiming for about 4 to 6 players.

I'll accept all Lineages, including those released with the new Source books.

Games will either be forum based or through some voice system.

The game time will vary based on the players schedule. I would like to aim for at least once a week or bi-weekly.

The play style will follow the regular Promethean goals of obtaining the New Dawn.

It will start in the Canadian Shield in the wilderness. The game can progress anywhere from there.

There will be other supernatural creatures involved in the game but, if they are to be used, they will just be NPCs.

The game will start as soon as I have all the players and their characters.

Dataran on

• Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    You do realize that by the very act of announcing a WoD game on this board you have doomed yourself, do you not?

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    What now?

I see discussions of Vampire and Werewolf on this form, oWoD and nWoD so I don't see why this one is any differnet.

Dataran on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    There's sort of this thing going where people who actually try to ST WoD games on these forums just disappear.

Just watch the current Mortals vs. Zombies game, they've managed to survive for quite a while, although not posting on the forum might make a difference, I'm not sure.

ANYWAYS, while I would be interested in playing Promethean, I don't have the books and I probably wouldn't have the time, either. Tragic, ain't it?

Rainfall on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hell i'd be interested in playing, if for no other reason than to see how you vanish into the ether, the last NWOD game i played was over on the giantitp boards and that also died with the storyteller vanishing under mysterious circumstances.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Hmm despite the fact that I may dissapear I'm willing to brave the curse.

Heck even if it's just you psychojester I'd still be willing to ST. Currently I live in a small town and have no-where to go outside of work and online classes.

So roll up a character and we can get started.

Dataran on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I have all but the last of the books.

Promethean is HARD though. Lots of in depth character development.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm definitely interested, since I've always wanted to try Promethean (and playing an RPG online, too). I've only got the core rulebook and the WoD book, though.

I'm good for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, in the late afternoons and evenings. I'm in EST, so around 10PM - 5AM GMT works for me.

I have no idea what I'd want to play, though. Maybe I'll pick one of the demo pregens...

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    YesNoMu wrote: »
    I'm definitely interested, since I've always wanted to try Promethean (and playing an RPG online, too). I've only got the core rulebook and the WoD book, though.

I'm good for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, in the late afternoons and evenings. I'm in EST, so around 10PM - 5AM GMT works for me.

I have no idea what I'd want to play, though. Maybe I'll pick one of the demo pregens...

Honestly that's not a bad start. The Promethean core book was excellently written. The second book, Pandora's Book,is antagonists- so you don't really need it. The third, Strange Alchemies (I think) handles the Lineages- which could be useful in flushing out your character, but not necessary immediately, and then there is the book that handles the Elemental "Classes" adding a few more to the standard 5, and I don't know what the 5th handles.

No-Quarter on