As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Looking to replace in-ear headphones.

Raving64Raving64 Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy another pair of in-ear headphones under $100. My old ones, the Bose TriPort IE, ended up having the rubber casing breaking and exposing the wires. The sound quality was great, a huge step from the Apple stock earbuds. I called their support, they offered to replace them with a brand new pair for $50. I turned them down, knowing that the new headphones would only last a year.

Because I tend to fall asleep with my headphones still on, the durability of the earphones is very important. My old Bose earphones only lasted a year before giving out. After the first month, the wires were already getting very tangled and bent out of shape whereas my old Apple earbuds lasted for 3 years. I think this was due to the fact that the Bose earphones had rubber tubing.

I liked that the Bose Triports had different size buds and were comfortable enough to wear for an hour or two.

TLDR; Need a recommendation for in-ear headphones under $100 that have great sound quality while being durable enough for a person who sleeps with them on.

Thanks H/A!

-jin

Raving64 on