As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Scantron Hero...opinions/advice please?

BackupharmonicaBackupharmonica Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Artist's Corner
Hey,
after avidly reading webcomics for about a year now, I've finally decided to give it a shot.
My lurking tells me that everyone here is infinitely better at this than I am, and I would love some advice on how to improve. Thanks! I hope you like it!

ScantronHero0001.jpg

It works, bitches.
Backupharmonica on

• multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The basic idea is actually pretty funny.

multimoog on
  • VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Concept: Funny
    Execution: Pretty Bad, You should work on drawing before starting a web comic, especially if it will be another gamer web comic otherwise its just another of the multitude of web detritus.

Veritas on
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I agree. Idea is good, but beyond the drawing mishaps the composition is a cluttered mess. I think less is more when it comes to that kind of stuff, and the whole boxes of text after the first one are pretty unnecessary. Give the reader some credit to put two and two together - though that entirely depends on you putting out an image that conveys the gag properly. Also kind of weird that the guy is dreaming of himself as a stick figure.

UnknownSaint on
  • Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I love that you used Xavier in the comic though. That is a nice touch.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • BackupharmonicaBackupharmonica Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ok Thanks! obviously i plan on getting a lot better before even posting them beyond the "peer review" phase.

Backupharmonica on
    It works, bitches.
  • The CheeseThe Cheese Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I've had that thought so many times while writing Scantron tests.

The Cheese on