As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Name that game

DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Games and Technology
90's NES game.

2 player head to head

You were... caveman or something? You could get items

one turned other player into ice block for a bit

you had to collect something... maybe eggs?

you might have been able to get something to turn into a ... trex and then you could eat the other player?

Deusfaux on

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    all i know is caveman games

the kool eagle says joe & mac.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    i think i'm wrong, i was thinking snes D:

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    guy thinks it was maybe top -down maybe like bomberman

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    Bout Tree FiddyBout Tree Fiddy Registered User new member
    edited January 2008
    Man... I'm sure its Trog (It shows the T-Rex form at 2:21)

Bout Tree Fiddy on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    yeah its gotta be Trog

his description reminded me of an arcade game I played and soon as I saw this it was the game *I* was thinking of - surely it was the one he was thinking of too

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    While it looks to be Trog this reminded me of Chuck Rock on the Amiga, I think it was ported over to the SNES as well.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    Sprocket FlossSprocket Floss Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Can I use this thread for my own info request? It's an old PC game, over a decade (well over I think) and you basically just had to live out a character's life or something. It was just a single screen with one small city and each area had it's apartments and jobs of varying quality which you could move into depending on your fortunes. I just looked up a number of games with "life" in the title but none of the screenshots seem right. Maybe "life" wasn't even part of the title. It's been a long, long, time.

Sprocket Floss on
  • Options
    geestackgeestack Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Can I use this thread for my own info request? It's an old PC game, over a decade (well over I think) and you basically just had to live out a character's life or something. It was just a single screen with one small city and each area had it's apartments and jobs of varying quality which you could move into depending on your fortunes. I just looked up a number of games with "life" in the title but none of the screenshots seem right. Maybe "life" wasn't even part of the title. It's been a long, long, time.

Ohhhh man, I know what game you're talking about, but the name escapes me at the moment. I believe it was a sierra game right? I remember my brother and me playing this game to death at a friend's house a hell of a long time ago. Makes me nostalgic.

Damn, now I gotta find out what this game is.

Edit:

Found it: Jones in the Fast Lane! That was the name. Haha, this game was great... I was pretty young when this came out so I had no idea what the hell to do, but my brother and I would always be so addicted to it. Good times.

geestack on
  • Options
    Sprocket FlossSprocket Floss Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yeah that's the one. Awesome detectivery there. Thanks

edit: haha. That article bring back some memories. Begging for more time to pay the rent, buying the works of Capote etc.

Sprocket Floss on