As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The discussion (and hopefully construction) of an R13 Cerberus

SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Artist's Corner
I do apologize in advance if this isn't the right place to put this but on to the discussion.

I love R-Type ships design, next to the Vic Viper they're my favorite shmup ships. Sadly, unlike the VV there's scarcely any models out there so this will be from scratch, and is going to be my first scratch project but I'm dedicated to it. Any tips, links to guides and the like is greatly appreciated because I have no idea where to start or look, and hoping there's a couple of model builders out there in PA land.

First off, just what does the Cerberus look like you may ask. Here's the best picture I could find, it's basically the R-9 Arrowhead with a black paint job.

r13.jpg

As we see here its cannon is also under the ship and is a pronged like extension as well as the bulky extension on the left side of the ship, if I add the force, which is a giant anchor that grapples onto enemy units, I was thinking of housing it directing under the cannons pronged area, like the in game model. A small plastic box, and that thing they have in banks where the pens are attached to the counter via a string of beads would be perfect for holding it in place if it ends up being functional.

As for materials, I was thinking of using those tank/helicopter/etc kits you can get at Walmart for cheap for some of the parts, seeing what I can use but I'm not sure what kind of paints I'd want to use for the glossy look of the canopy, but the metalish paints should be easy to find.

so in summary, any tips/pointers for an aspiring model builder?

SkutSkut on