As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old harddrive in new computer?

RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Alright, so, I've got the itch to try vista. However, I don't want to install it on my main harddrive. So hey, I'll just throw it on the old 40gig I have, I only want it for a few DX10 games and some other things atm.

So, I throw the drive in my computer, hook it all up. Boot up, the drive isn't in my computer. So I check device manager, its there and "working properly". Alright, lets fix this. Try to upgrade to vista. "No, no, abloo bloo bloo, we wont let you". Bah. Ok, reinstall XP on it. "Abloo bloo bloo, can't repair, but you can format if you want".

The harddrive is fine, if old. Worked perfectly last time I tried it(in my old computer, to be fair). Basically, I either want to upgrade the hard drive to vista, or transfer the files onto my new harddrive(got plenty of space), and then format and install vista.

Help?

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
Raslin on

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Do you have a vista upgrade or full version? Because if it's an upgrade you can't install that and your copy of XP at the same time. If it's not showing up, then it's probably not formatted correctly - are you saying there's stuff on it that you need to get off?

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png