As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So looks like my boss recommended me a dentist not on our insurance

BlochWaveBlochWave Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
The exam is only gonna cost me (discounted cuz I'm a referral!) 150 dollars, and they're like super awesome hardcore dentists and it's like a 2 hour exam since it's my first

But I guess if I need any expensive work ever done I'll need to go somewhere else? Aw but that's no good I pay for it, the appointment is at like 7 tomorrow so I won't cancel and will go to this one, but what do you think? I'm not used to having like...insurance and crap

Ok I did some quick reading and didn't really resolve it but can kinda be more specific

The dentist himself(according to all the paperwork they mailed me)by policy has the patients mail in their own claims. My little dental card itself makes note that I don't have a deductible or anything, and the claims have to be mailed in

BlochWave on

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Who is your dental insurance through?
    Do you have a summary of benefits? That's a sheet of paper or a booklet explaining what benefits you get, how much they pay, etc. It should tell you how much they will cover for an in-network dentist versus an out-of-network dentist. It should also have a phone number or website that you can go to for in-network dentist referrals.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Nitsuj82Nitsuj82 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, it's probably covered. It's probably that the dentist isn't a preferred provider.

I would call the dental insurance company and find out what you have to do. Or, if you have a good office manager (they are a mediocre people), he/she should be able to help you out.

Nitsuj82 on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    Nitsuj82.png