As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS3 Surround Sound

JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I am trying to hook up my PS3 to surround sound, the surround sound I have is for my computer, its a logitech 5.1 and it only has speaker jacks for a computer.

I thought it would be a good idea to go buy a sound card that has optical input, so I could use an optical plug from my PS3 to the sound card and play audio that way.

It's not working at all though, and I cant seem to find anyway to even access the optical line in except for recording.

Anyone know why this doesn't work, or any software to force it to work?

Jigrah on

• Options
    KismetKismet Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    It could be as simple as it not being turned on for playback... Assuming you're on XP, open the volume control and go to options->properties. With it set to playback, one of the devices listed should be your optical in, make sure it's checked. It should then appear on the volume control, it may just be muted by default.

Kismet on
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    In playback I do not have the option available for SPDIF In, however in recording I do. Is that a fault of the graphics card not managing its inputs right?

Truly I dont know what I am talking about, just making stuff up with that last comment.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    KismetKismet Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hrm... what sound card are you using?

Kismet on