Options

PC Gaming is too pretty to die.

1272829303133»

• Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've come to accept something.
    I will never be able to play hitman: Blood money properly. The combat which I constantly resort to is so goddamn stiff, agent 47 could as well be 70 years old and using a cane to get around.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    You're doing it wrong

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Rolo wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations on a good PC gamepad? Something that'd work well with older 2D arcade games and fighters, preferably. There's a ton of those on GameTap and playing them with a keyboard just isn't working out for me.

Xbox 360 controller, really.

Also, you can still get USB adapters from some websites that will connect your PS2 Dual-Shock to your PC, if you've got one of those. They can be had for less than $10 in most cases, and some even have two ports on one adapter for neato multiplayer.

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Only because I can't stand the guys shuffling and running might make htem suspicious.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    NotACrook wrote: »
    You know what I want?

A realistic helicopter sim. Anyone remember Longbow Apache 2? Janes simulations and Origin working together to make an absolutely awesome game. I think there have been one or two games in the genre released since but nothing notable in the past five years.

I'm guessing you mean military sims only.

Yeah, Flight Simulator isn't really the same.

That said, the EH101 in the Acceleration xpack is really nice. They have some slingload and rescue missions:

ss_preview_ACCEL_02.jpg.jpg

NotASenator on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Anyone have any recommendations on a good PC gamepad? Something that'd work well with older 2D arcade games and fighters, preferably. There's a ton of those on GameTap and playing them with a keyboard just isn't working out for me.

Xbox 360 controller, really.

Not for 2D fighters. 360's d-pad is garbage.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    the d-pad is the only bad thing about the 360 gamepad.

fuck that d-pad.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I am very comfortable saying that COH takes my number one spot for best/favorite RTS game.

For me it goes, CoH/TA/SC.

The first time I played CoH, I mean really played when I finally started to understand the mechanics; you have riflemen firing from cover using the carcass of a stugIV, one sherman circling a tiger tank while two more flank it to fire into the sides and rear, next point over teammates bunkering MGs into building while I drop paratroopers onto supply points, support artillery going off all around . . . all that going on at once just blew me away. Even more important CoH has a lot of those little things that really matter. Those little nuances that just make all the difference, clicking on a soldier in the heat of battle will get you a harried response, idle chatter and just overall a fantastic atmosphere.

As for TA/SC, that was a great year for those who love RTS. Dark Reign, Total Anihilation and Starcraft all came out around the same time. I would really like to see a new Dark Reign, that game had some awesome ideas for its time.

Aretè on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    man we have to hold on to the PC gaming thread before it is taken away

tube would you rape PC gaming even as it lies comatose and dying in its hospital bed?

Brolo on
This discussion has been closed.