Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Firefly MMO?

MrWigglezMrWigglez Registered User
edited February 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
Hey i was just wondering if anyone could give me an update on the status of the Firefly MMO? Ive been looking for a while now and cant find any recent information on it.

MrWigglez on

Posts

  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wasn't the licence picked up by some crappy generic mmo-engine/company?

    I love Firefly, and I'm a huge mmo addict, but I'm not sure I want to have "LF3M Niska run, PST!"

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    There is a Firefly MMO coming out?

    Seg on
  • Gnomeland SecurityGnomeland Security Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    an MMO based on the serenity universe (firefly) was licensed and sold almost 2+ years ago

    havent heard anything about development since then

    remember, there are over 124 active MMOs on the internets... you probably wont see them all

    Gnomeland Security on
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ah, it's being put out by some random company on a middleware MMO engine which means it will be anywhere for terrible to slightly below average.

    YodaTuna on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It seriously looks like hell. I mean the graphics equivalent of somewhere between quake 2 and half life.

    leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • SmashismSmashism Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Spirits seem high.
    As sweet as this COULD be, we all know how it will be. Breaks my heart :(

    Smashism on
  • MrWigglezMrWigglez Registered User
    edited February 2008
    I was afraid it would turn out very badly... I really liked the show so i had a lot of hope this game would be at least passable. But I guess in the end I should have known a MMO based on a show that wasnt overly well known would not have had a large budget.

    MrWigglez on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Maybe we'll see a Battlestar Galactica MMO, and somewhere in the background there'll be a flyby of a familiar freighter.

    It'll be beautiful.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Maybe we'll see a Battlestar Galactica MMO, and somewhere in the background there'll be a flyby of a familiar freighter.

    It'll be beautiful.

    Now how the hell would a BSG MMO work?

    YaYa on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    250k players in a world with a population of 40k.

    Scooter on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Maybe we'll see a Battlestar Galactica MMO, and somewhere in the background there'll be a flyby of a familiar freighter.

    It'll be beautiful.

    I'm glad other people saw that.

    Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    Twitter Steam Playstation- Mechaphiliac
  • Golf153Golf153 Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Grinding Reavers for mob trash so you can upgrade your spaced out sister into a kick-ass assassin is going to be a chore.

    Golf153 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    YaYa wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Maybe we'll see a Battlestar Galactica MMO, and somewhere in the background there'll be a flyby of a familiar freighter.

    It'll be beautiful.

    Now how the hell would a BSG MMO work?

    http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-2763774996577696389&q=firefly+battlestar+galactica&total=34&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Maybe we'll see a Battlestar Galactica MMO, and somewhere in the background there'll be a flyby of a familiar freighter.

    It'll be beautiful.

    Now how the hell would a BSG MMO work?

    http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-2763774996577696389&q=firefly+battlestar+galactica&total=34&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

    Everyone's a Cylon.

    EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Maybe we'll see a Battlestar Galactica MMO, and somewhere in the background there'll be a flyby of a familiar freighter.

    It'll be beautiful.

    Now how the hell would a BSG MMO work?

    http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-2763774996577696389&q=firefly+battlestar+galactica&total=34&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

    Everyone's a Cylon.

    At least people playing cookie-cutter builds won't be fooling anyone.

    theSquid on
  • HembotHembot Registered User
    edited February 2008
    theSquid wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Maybe we'll see a Battlestar Galactica MMO, and somewhere in the background there'll be a flyby of a familiar freighter.

    It'll be beautiful.

    Now how the hell would a BSG MMO work?

    http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-2763774996577696389&q=firefly+battlestar+galactica&total=34&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

    Everyone's a Cylon.

    At least people playing cookie-cutter builds won't be fooling anyone.

    Hard Decision - Play a hot chick or a hot dude...or a robot replica of a hot chick / hot dude.

    You'd think 40,000 beautiful people would quickly turn that into 40,000 beautiful people and 20,000 beautiful babies pretty quick.

    Hembot on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    demoworld.jpg

    A screen from the multiverse engine. Supposedly it's a tech demo for the network side, but still. Nothing really impressive.

    leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.