As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Solved] I know, this is like the 8 millionth thread on getting music off of an iPod

YosemiteSamYosemiteSam Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
but despite the huge number of free programs there are out there that claim to be able to do this, I have yet to find one that actually works. It's completely ridiculous and frustrating how many times I've tried to do this and it hasn't worked.

I run Windows Vista and I have a 5th generation 60 gig iPod. I've tried YamiPod, EphPod, podUtil, and a few others I can't remember, and none of them fucking work.

If anyone can direct me to a free program that actually works for my setup, or gives me some indication as to why none of these programs have worked for me (I've turned on manual disk use in iTunes in all cases), I'd really appreciate it.

I'd also appreciate it if the program doesn't take over my iPod, change my iTunes library, or force me to upload all of my songs from my iPod (I want to be able to upload individual tracks).

Thanks.

YosemiteSam on

• Options
    CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It would be helpful to know what you've tried so that we don't post the same stuff again.
    Are you wanting to the get music off in mp3 form or just off in general? I think you can clean the hard drive from itunes, but I'm not positive.

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Crashtard wrote: »
    Are you wanting to the get music off in mp3 form or just off in general?

I'm not sure what this question means. I want to copy the music files from my iPod (generally they're .m4a) onto my computer. I don't want to erase the files from my iPod.

YosemiteSam on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This works pretty well for me.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    finalflight89finalflight89 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Winamp has an ipod plugin that lets you do what you ask, and doesn't fuck around with iTunes

finalflight89 on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Winamp has an ipod plugin that lets you do what you ask, and doesn't fuck around with iTunes

Where can I download it?

YosemiteSam on
  • Options
    Ghandi 2Ghandi 2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ghandi 2 on
  • Options
    RegrettableRegrettable Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've used iDump on several different generations of iPods and never had any touble with it.

Regrettable on
    cthulhusigcopy-1.png
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ghandi 2 wrote: »

This is what I use. Works great.

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    Ghandi 2 wrote: »

This is what I use. Works great.

Another vote for this nifty program.

Sami on
  • Options
    NateVaderNateVader Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I tried using programs awhile ago and never had any luck with any of the suggestions I got. I just ended up doing this:

Show hidden files.

Go into your iPod's disk.

Copy/paste.

Done.

That's how I did it ~1 year ago.

NateVader on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Alright, I am all squared away. I ended up figuring out how to use EphPod, actually. Thanks for the recommendations.

YosemiteSam on
This discussion has been closed.