As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Snowfall over Yamanashi

RusticCreatureRusticCreature Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Artist's Corner
I can't seem to find my old thread, and so I'm making a new one.

I think I'm finally getting the hang of PS. The first one is a little too blender heavy. I'm having a hard time conveying the softness of the form without loosing its definition.

bwlainxy8.jpg

This is a WIP that I may or may not finish.

funnyoldwomandetailla5.jpg

Comments and Crits would be very helpful and much appreciated.

RusticCreature on

• RusticCreatureRusticCreature Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hey guys, I kill my own threads before they even get started!

My dear grandmother asked for a painting of a flower vase for Christmas, so I gave her a painting of a flower vase for Christmas.

flowervaseforumgs2.jpg

I finished it on the day she was leaving and had to rush to get a print made. It was a hectic mourning.

RusticCreature on
  • Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Don't worry, my thread dies every time I add something new to it. Your pictures look awesome though. The old man/woman is creepy in an awesome way.

Red_Arremer on
    edited February 2008
    Thanks, Red. Yeah, that's supposed to be a woman. Heres the original sketch and the reference. hopefully this makes it a little clearer what gender she's supposed to be.

funnyoldwomanpencilsketdu6.jpg
    oldfunnyqf6.jpg

I sort of accidentally made a caricature of her. But that's okay. It was a painting exercise, not a drawing one.

In other news, my copy of Photoshop keeps freezing up on me and quits itself. Does anyone else have this problem?

RusticCreature on
  • StraythStrayth Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I don't have photoshop on this computer, but my suggestions range the usual: close background programs, particularly media-based, or possibly try a re-install.

At any rate, I like your work. The woman as a 'caricature' looks better to me, but I think I have a bias toward gray scale. The one at the top is cool, my only issue being that her hair has a lot more definition than other parts of the picture. Otherwise, very nice work.

Strayth on
    That's right.
    edited February 2008
    Well then, I don't think that's a problem with the hair so much as it's a problem with the rest of her face :p. But I'm glad you liked these.

RusticCreature on
    edited February 2008
    Here's a quick speedie. reffed.

snowfalleg1.jpg

God, I really need to work on environments.

RusticCreature on