As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DVD Conversion

GenericFanGenericFan Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys.

The story is as follows: My friend wants to borrow a season of Futurama I own, so I wanted to back up all the episodes to my computer. When I put the DVD into my DVD drive and open the files, there's only .bup, .ifo and .vob files. Is there anyway to convert these to something like .avi or .mov? I've been looking for a conversion program but haven't managed to find a reliable free program.

So H&A, what do you recommend me do?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GenericFan on

• Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Can't you trust your friend to return them in good condition? Or tell him/her to watch Comedy Central? :)

Edit: Yeah, after confirmation, I won't be posting anything other than "Google is your friend".

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    Locust76Locust76 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Backing up DVDs falls into that legal "gray area" we know as "Fair Use," which is why neither embrik nor I will outright say what you need to get. I will say this: You can certainly find such a program, though... if only there was a way to search for things on the internet... ;)

P.S. there's also stuff you don't have to pay for that works just as well

Locust76 on