As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

character sketches

sketchy62sketchy62 Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Artist's Corner
just having some fun sketching on my tablet.
these are from yesterday.

let me know what you guys think.
thnkx!

1-1.jpg

2.jpg

3-1.jpg

just curious...
is the layout too distracting?

i kinda felt it was too dark?
let me know!

sketchy62 on

• SymptomSymptom Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    yeah I think some of the background sketches are a bit too dark in comparison with the main one.

As far as the designs themselves, I like the guy with the bandana best.

Symptom on
    "To me, psychology is like picking up grains of sand at the beach with tweezers and a magnifying glass, and forgetting to look at the ocean" -- Marc Johnson

http://www.symptomz.deviantart.com
  • SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    My biggest problem with these is that fact that you are not really exploring these ideas very in-depthly. You seem to be getting an idea, and then just sort of drawing that out, and sticking with it to the end. If you actually are trying to design characters, than as with all forms of designing, you should try exploring multiple routes and just sort of find out what works, and what doesn't.

That's the way the pros do it, and they do it that way for a reason. They do it because once you are drawing the same character a few times, you get your first impression of the character out of your system, and then you are more free to come up with something original trough spontaneity.

And yeah, lighten up those background sketches, they are competing visually with your main drawing.

Hope that helps!

Sublimus on