As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Universal Remotes

SmilingoatSmilingoat Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
im looking into getting a universal remote for my new 47in LCD plus 360/PS3, are there any remotes out there that will allow me to use one remote for all three plus a eventual bose sound system/receiver?

ive looked into reviews and such, but im not getting an answer on if they will work for a 360 and a PS3 at the same time.

little help? thanks.

whos havin butt-seks
Smilingoat on

Posts

  • Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Harmony Remotes from Logitech. Smart remotes that will let you set and learn from any remote you want. Simple stuff, easy to use, quick sleek layout. Beautiful.

    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/?WT.mc_id=usym_/harmony_global&strf=Universal_Symlink

    Topia on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Today's Woot:

    http://www.woot.com/

    Innovage Jumbo Universal Remote 2 Pack
    $7.99 + $5 shipping

    (I got one two-pack.)

    Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    SmilingoatSmilingoat Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Topia wrote: »
    Harmony Remotes from Logitech. Smart remotes that will let you set and learn from any remote you want. Simple stuff, easy to use, quick sleek layout. Beautiful.

    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/?WT.mc_id=usym_/harmony_global&strf=Universal_Symlink

    the thing that worries me is that i think the PS3 is blutooth, while most remotes i know of are infrared, do these also have blutooth?

    Smilingoat on
    whos havin butt-seks
  • Options
    unilateralunilateral Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    Today's Woot:

    http://www.woot.com/

    Innovage Jumbo Universal Remote 2 Pack
    $7.99 + $5 shipping

    (I got one two-pack.)

    Oh man, those things are $12 a piece at Walgreens...if you want ridiculously sized universal remotes, you'd better buy those fuckers now.

    unilateral on
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Smilingoat wrote: »
    Topia wrote: »
    Harmony Remotes from Logitech. Smart remotes that will let you set and learn from any remote you want. Simple stuff, easy to use, quick sleek layout. Beautiful.

    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/?WT.mc_id=usym_/harmony_global&strf=Universal_Symlink

    the thing that worries me is that i think the PS3 is blutooth, while most remotes i know of are infrared, do these also have blutooth?

    AFAIK, there are no universal remotes that will work with the PS3. The only way is to get an IR receiver for the PS3, then program the universal remote to use that. There are several products that can be used to make that work, but nothing Sony-branded yet. The 360 has built-in IR, so universal remotes will work fine with it. I was down to one remote until I got my PS3. Now that I have it, I've got the Logitech Harmony 880 and Sony's PS3 Bluetooth remote on my table. Still, two remotes is better than five.

    embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

    I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    PorkChopSandwichesPorkChopSandwiches Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    We're it legal, I would marry my Harmony remotes.

    PorkChopSandwiches on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yea, for the PS3, you need the IR reciever work around dealy.
    All of the Harmonys (save for the 1000) function the same, the biggest difference are design and interface. Do some research and find which is best for you in your budget.

    I recomend the 880.

    Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I recomend the 880.
    I'll second the 880, I've been extremely happy with mine.

    vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I recomend the 880.
    I'll second the 880, I've been extremely happy with mine.

    I got the 1000 from a contest at my last job, but still have to say, the 880 is also probably my fav. The 1000 is like a console that you set up and shouldn't move. It's nice, but it's kinda big and a lot complicated to use. Definately not as good as the 880 for your "general remote usage" kinda area.

    Topia on
  • Options
    SmilingoatSmilingoat Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    thanks for all the help, i think i'll be getting an 880 and a IR receiver (which i assume can be found for the USB port)

    thanks again.

    Smilingoat on
    whos havin butt-seks
Sign In or Register to comment.