As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Random paintings on Random objects

t0bart0bar Registered User
edited February 2008 in Artist's Corner
100_0181.jpg
Walking eyes on a base board cut into smaller blocks.
100_0183.jpg
Russian doll on part of a broken chair.
100_0188.jpg
Red monster on a vinyl record
janiesgift.jpg
Dr Seuss trees on a round broken table top.
l_760603ab3e34ee3afb23e6083224c215.jpg
Heaven, Hell, Earth and a cupcake on the other part of the broken chair.

daftpunksig.jpg
t0bar on

• Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Whoah, painting on vinyl? What a simple but brilliant idea! I really dig it. Think I might like to try my own hand at that.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • t0bart0bar Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Go for it, but the only thing I found to "stick" is oil based paint markers.

t0bar on
    daftpunksig.jpg
  • TrichomeTrichome Registered User
    edited February 2008
    For glossy surfaces use a primer out there called Gripper made by glidden or krylon's spraycan primer for glossy surfaces. There is probably other products out there too that i don't know of. if you get the Gripper primer have the store add a drop or 2 of black tint to it and make them mix it. It should be free of charge.
    Dark colors that you paint on it will come out a lot better and require less coats with a black tinted primer (gray).

great ideas though. a great way to make use of stuff that would just fill up landfill space.

Trichome on
    edited February 2008
    Thanks you just saved me a lot of paint.

t0bar on
    daftpunksig.jpg
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, thank for the heads up on both accounts.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • TrichomeTrichome Registered User
    edited February 2008
    no problem.

painting things without using a primer is not something i could ever recommend if you want to keep the thing for a long time. eventually the paint will just chip away and look bad.

using a primer gives the paint you use on top of it something to grab hold of and stick to for quite a long time.

Trichome on
    edited February 2008
    I'm still very new to paint and never took a art class, so I'm learning as I go.
    Some other things I have done.
    DSCN2230-1.jpg
    DSCF1020-1.jpg
    My very first painting.

t0bar on
    daftpunksig.jpg