As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] Dark Heresy (in which the players discover a nefarious plot)

1212223242527»

• Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It's probably for the better. I have a bad habit of looting everything except for their tooth fillings. I'm just a natural pack rat. This should keep me in check.

zerg rush on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    soooooo. Anybody there?

zerg rush on
  • Options
    MaticoreMaticore A Will To Power Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm here and I need action posts from characters unless you want me to start treating them like my personal puppets.

Maticore on
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    We all saw what happened to his last puppet. Don't let that be you!

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    No really where the fuck are the rest of them.

Maticore on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The Xenos got 'em! I knew it!

I recommend an Exterminatus.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Sorry Pollo, Chrysis, Zerg. I've sent PMs to the others and they haven't responded. If we have to continue with NPC Party we will.

I'd like to invite you guys to post in the IC thread as though you were the only ones playing now, though, so it's up to you guys to move the group forward.

@Chrysis: I'd like a medicae check on your last action, as well.

Maticore on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Sweet as, I'll edit the roll into the post now.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    So, I'm a bit unsure about fear rules. I assume that only enemies of something with a fear rating need to roll against it, and allies are fine, right?

If not, I hope everybody enjoys insanity points.

zerg rush on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    zerg rush wrote: »
    So, I'm a bit unsure about fear rules. I assume that only enemies of something with a fear rating need to roll against it, and allies are fine, right?

If not, I hope everybody enjoys insanity points.

I'm only going to make enemies roll against it.

Allies have no reason to roll against you, unless I deem it necessary.

Maticore on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Seriously ladies let's get this moving. Someone do something before I do a fast-forward.

Maticore on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'm chilling to see if there are any entrances, exits, windows, etc. to which we can see in and may need to cover in case of an escape. I think most of us are in the same boat.

zerg rush on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Welp.

This is dead.

It was fun while it lasted.

EDIT: Maybe in the future we can do this again and get somewhere, I had a good time, but if I can't get more than two or three players trying to move a six man party forward then I'm done here.

Appreciate everyone's efforst, specifically Pollo, Chrysis, and Zerg Rush, you guys were great players and I'd gladly have you again. This is not to say that everyone else didn't try, specifically No-Quarter who had RL issues and couldn't post but did anyways.

Maticore on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm still interested in Dark Heresy... haven't even finished a full game yet...

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, I guess we at least get an award for lasting the longest.

So, if it truly is all over and done, am I allowed to ask what the plot was going to be? I remember thinking Dark Eldar from the moment I read what it is that ghostfire actually does.

zerg rush on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    It's unfortunate, but it looks like you're right. Pity, but it was certainly good for getting a feel for the system. Thanks for running it for us Maticore.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    It was fun while it lasted. Thanks, Maticore.

Also, I'm with zerg rush; what would have happened? I'm interested to see what you had in mind.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, I appreciate your appreciation.

You were going to fight the gangers (who had strange xenos implants under their tattoos) and trace their supply through the sewers to Fallus Jax's warehouse. There you were gonna fight Jax (He was evil after all) and some rogue tech priests that were helping him, after which you would find a laboratory with bomb making materials, a large cache of ghostfire, a letter from quintus to the inquisition implicating Jax in the ghostfire theft, as well as a ship log with where the ghostfire was going.

You were then going to ship out to a massive space station where your job would have been to track down the ghostfire shipping, here you'd see indications of some guy called Malice being in charge of all of this. Once you did that you'd fight your way onto a cargo ship through the hopped-up crew and fight a guy who had his skin replaced by with a light-reflecting chameoline called Malice. He'd escape (or if you actually did kill him, good job!) and the Inquisitor would send you to the sector capital to track him down.

On the sector capital you'd find a huge cache of ghostfire after some investigation and you'd find a hidden network of Xenos cults. The Inquisitor would call in the big guns and bring in other teams to strike all of the cult bases simultaneously. You would attack a high spire apartment complex that had actually been converted into some kind of Xenos shrine. This is basically where you would have found out that the Dark Eldar were behind the whole thing. You'd fight a swarm of crazed cultists and corrupt Arbites enforcers before a showdown with a few dark eldar troopers in front of an open warpgate, which you would shut down for the climactic campaign finish.

Thought for the Day - Heresy Grows from Idleness.

Maticore on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I must say, I very much appreciate you DMing for us. After seeing the campaign I'm only sad that we didn't get to play through it.

Maticore wrote: »
    There you were gonna fight Jax (He was evil after all)
    I knew it! With a name like Fallus, he has to be working for Slaanesh!

zerg rush on
  • Options
    TheGreatestAliasEverTheGreatestAliasEver Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Aw christ buckets. I just fix'd my tubes and i find out it's dead. They cut the cables to my internet by accident when they were doing community yard work out back. Well, damnit. It was truly fun. Thank you so much for DMing this for us, Maticore

TheGreatestAliasEver on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Sounds like it would have been cool. I especially think Malice is a neat villain.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Sounds like it would have been cool. I especially think Malice is a neat villain.

I was really planning on drawing him out until the last, I think a fight with two dark eldar warriors and him would have been a pretty badass test for the characters.
    Aw christ buckets. I just fix'd my tubes and i find out it's dead. They cut the cables to my internet by accident when they were doing community yard work out back. Well, damnit. It was truly fun. Thank you so much for DMing this for us, Maticore

That explains alot! I didn't think you were the type to quit a game.

Maticore on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm so sorry I haven't been posting! Work has been kicking my ass and I went to Gamesday. I DID enjoy playing thank you Maticore. In the sumemr if I can find better work maybe I'll try my hand at DMing......or just play DnD hehehe.

No-Quarter on