As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Monitor flickering

SnowbeatSnowbeat i need somethingto kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
edited February 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey fellas,

so basically, my monitor is flickering like the refresh rate is too low. I've checked all the settings and the refresh rate is 60 hertz. I've restarted my computer and turned the monitor off and on. I'm reasonably sure all the respective drivers are updated fully. Weirdest part is that it started flickering randomly about an hour ago while I was browsing the Internet.

gimme a hand here.

Q1e6oi8.gif
Snowbeat on

• Options
    Dark MoonDark Moon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    60Hz is pretty low. Many people can see flickering at that frequency. Can your monitor refresh any faster than that, and have you always had it set to that refresh rate? If you can, increase the refresh rate to 75-80Hz and report back.

If you have had it set to 60Hz before and the flickering is only a recent development, the only thing I can think of is that the power supply may be about to die. A damaged or dying power supply can cause wild fluctuations in the brightness and/or refresh rate of the display.

Dark Moon on
    3072973561_de17a80845_o.jpg
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    actually, I recovered the memory and it's fixed!

Thanks anyway!

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif