As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tracks on iPod skipping/stopping

multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So I have a new iPod Classic 80GB, and I put all my music on it. Now there's a bunch of random tracks that stop and skip ahead to the next before they're finished playing. It's the same songs at the same times in the track every time.

This happened on my previous iPod - a 30GB 5G video - but it's much more prevalent now. I've looked at a bunch of troubleshooting forums on the subject, and it seems like a LOT of people have this problem, but nobody has ever gotten an answer.

The most common response is that 'tags have gotten corrupted' - but that the fuck? I've looked at all the tags I can access and nothing seems out of the ordinary. The start/stop times are all where they should be (for the ones I've looked at, it seems like new ones crop up every day). It's really getting frsutrating - does anyone esle have any info on this and how to fix it?

multimoog on

• Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Strange, I've never heard of it. You could try formatting your iPod. It is basically just a HDD right?
    All your music should still be on your iTunes so it's not like it wouldn't just take a minute to set up and have it ready over night or something.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    in_absentiain_absentia Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Well, if you just burned all of your music on to your comp, I'd recommend checking the songs that skip on your ipod to see if they skip on Itunes or in another media player. I had a simular problem, and it was because Itunes tried to burn the songs at the highest speed regardless of the quality. If it's the files themselves, there is an option under edit/preferences/advanced/importing. There, check on "Use error correcting when reading audio cd's" and that should fix your problem

in_absentia on
  • Options
    multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I could try reformatting my iPod, yes - I'll give that a shot. It's just odd, as it's brand-new-out-of-the-box less than a month ago.

I have a strong feeling it's not how I imported tracks from CD - sometimes it's happening on tracks I downloaded from various places (iTunes Store tracks are not immune!), as well as on tracks that were unaffected on my old 5G. Oddly enough, some of the tracks that had this same problem on the 5G now play fine on the classic. Hence, mystery!

multimoog on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hmm, this happens on my iPod Touch, but only on tracks that had bad reads coming off the CD. If its happening on iTunes stuff, then I dunno.

Nova_C on