As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Team Fortress 2 (PC): You are a maggot hatched from a mutant maggot thread.

1565758596062»

• Options
    Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    jonxp wrote: »
    For those of you following along at home, a tornado hit near me in Atlanta today.

Due to this, I may need to shut down the server for financial reasons soon. No personal damage, but the possibility exists that I no longer have an office on Monday, as it was directly in the tornado's path according to doppler.

I won't know until tomorrow because they have closed off access to this area to traffic.

I hope the best for your situation. good luck

Hey You on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Oh yes, and gl Jon, hope all is well

New thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=52785

Goose! on
  • Options
    theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Rentilius wrote: »
    marty wrote: »
    Why is that whenever dustbowl comes on I feel like collectively murdering you all

you should join in when they have another rocket jumping contest

Who is they, and how exactly do you have a contest?

theantipop on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    it's the [OWL] server and the rocket jump maps are made specifically for that, rocket jumping/sticky jumping. You 1v1 in a race to the top and the winner takes the round. Usually it's soldier vs soldier or demo vs demo because demo vs soldier is ridiculous - the demo'll almost always get to the top first.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    The Reverend Dr GalactusThe Reverend Dr Galactus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I hope your co-workers and ideally also your place of work are in acceptable condition, Jon.

So tonight I realized

I cannot escape my pedigree established in WoW; I still seem to do best as healer.

I'm just glad I don't have a level 40 scout sitting around that I don't play anymore.

The Reverend Dr Galactus on
    valar-moreshellus.png
    PSN:RevDrGalactus/NN:RevDrGalactus/Steam
  • Options
    DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    theantipop wrote: »
    marty wrote: »
    Why is that whenever dustbowl comes on I feel like collectively murdering you all

you should join in when they have another rocket jumping contest

Who is they, and how exactly do you have a contest?

First to kill the other by landing on them

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    it's the [OWL] server and the rocket jump maps are made specifically for that, rocket jumping/sticky jumping. You 1v1 in a race to the top and the winner takes the round. Usually it's soldier vs soldier or demo vs demo because demo vs soldier is ridiculous - the demo'll almost always get to the top first.
    I'd gladly challenge anyone to a rocket jump duel. Including you Tyrannus.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    jonxp wrote: »
    For those of you following along at home, a tornado hit near me in Atlanta today.

Due to this, I may need to shut down the server for financial reasons soon. No personal damage, but the possibility exists that I no longer have an office on Monday, as it was directly in the tornado's path according to doppler.

I won't know until tomorrow because they have closed off access to this area to traffic.

If you set up paypal I will donate. johnxps server has been the only server i play tf2 on for so long. i mean jobs is good but can lag for me sometimes badly.

seriously, i dont want you to feel compelled to keep the server online if you have real life financial concerns, but i dont want to see it go either. i would be playing now if i didnt have my arm in a cast.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    iowa wrote: »
    Guys I think I need a new gimmick.

Punching heavy with a medic got boring, only punching flippy got boring, axing pyro got boring, ubered sniper got boring. what else is there to do.
    ubered spy iowa.
    ubered spy.
    just make sure you're disguised as your own teams pyro. watch the enemies scatter like cockroaches under a light.

if not, then just go with ubered medic with bonesaw. them dudes run fast and saw fast.

Edit: I don't think I've ever seen anyone do an ubered scout with scattergun.For some reason that gives me goosebumps.

iowa as an ubered spy? Pretty sure we did that a few weeks back on one of the well variations to sap 3 sentrys on level 3 of point 2/4 area.

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    GAAH

Ok this is really fucking pissing me off.

Whenever I try to load TF2 I get the error message "HL2.exe has stopped working"

So I delete it, reinstall it.

"HL2.exe has stopped working"

I delted the clientregistry.blob

Install new drivers.

So I uninstall steam, EVERYTHING, every game I had installed. Re-download it, reinstall TF2.

What the fuck?!

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Are you on Vista? If so, just ignore it. It should work.

Lemming on
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    ... what?

Yeah I am on vista. I can't really ignore it, since it's stopping the game from working atall.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg