As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Photoshop Thread: Bad Videogames

• Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Didn't that happen?

Like, on the CDi or something?

LewieP on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    Didn't that happen?

Like, on the CDi or something?

Complete with live-action cutscenes.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You speak of blasphemy! Those foul creations should not be mentioned!

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Live-action cutscenes?? Really?

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Khavall wrote: »
    Zerowing.jpg

:lol:

The first one wasn't too bad, I'd actually like to see that made.

Each end of level boss could be an internet meme.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Can someone link me to a synopsis, I can't quite remember exactly what went down.

Yeah so does anybody have a link to this info?

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Can someone link me to a synopsis, I can't quite remember exactly what went down.

You mean Lucerin Red?

basically he was this belligerent forumer who took things way too seriously sometimes. Unrelated, he posted a cosplay photo of himself and was ridiculed, or something.

Anyway, he took part in Secret Santa/Satan one year, and his post to announce what he got was essentially "I got books. You guys are gay."

edit: I think that's the most of it.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

That's brilliant, actually. lolcats would entrap you with adorableness, Soviet Russia would reverse all your attacks back onto you, LANDMASTER would be a landmaster, Over 9000 would slowly power up and you'd have to defeat it before it hit 9000. The final boss would be goatse.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

That's brilliant, actually. lolcats would entrap you with adorableness, Soviet Russia would reverse all your attacks back onto you, LANDMASTER would be a landmaster, Over 9000 would slowly power up and you'd have to defeat it before it hit 9000. The final boss would be goatse.

There's also no way to beat goatse. You can clear your cache as much as you like but it will haunt you forever. And that's how the game ends.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

You mean Lucerin Red?

basically he was this belligerent forumer who took things way too seriously sometimes. Unrelated, he posted a cosplay photo of himself and was ridiculed, or something.

Anyway, he took part in Secret Santa/Satan one year, and his post to announce what he got was essentially "I got books. You guys are gay."

edit: I think that's the most of it.

I think they were actually referring to why we dislike CAD and Tim buckley.

Last Son on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's because his comics aren't funny, right?

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

There's also no way to beat goatse. You can clear your cache as much as you like but it will haunt you forever. And that's how the game ends.

Maybe goatse could swallow your ship whole... um...

But perhaps I've said too much...

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Also, he's a douche. Also, he sent pics of his penis to an underage forumer. (allegedly. google around, it's somewhere)

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Also, he's a douche. Also, he sent pics of his penis to an underage forumer. (allegedly. google around, it's somewhere)

1) His comics suck and aren't funny.

2) His art sucks and is very stale, as well as being very much copy+paste (seriously, there's a video on youtube that he made of him drawing a Christmas comic and he copy-pastes several times, including opening up a file full of predrawn eyes).

3) His comics often feature jokes that were done before and better in other comics, in similar and frequent enough fashion for people to think he's stealing.

4) An allegation arose that he showed a picture of his penis to a 14 year old girl in what was his version of SE++. His response was to permaban everyone who posted in the thread, including people who were posting in defense of him, and shut the entire section of the forum down. He's still (to my knowledge) never actually denied showing the picture.

5) He formed the guild "Rapscallions" on Dark Iron to try and edge in on the PA vs. PvP comic wars, then one day logged in drunk and started kicking people randomly from the guild. The day after, when people were bitching to him about it, he disbanded the guild.

That's just what I know right now off the top of my head. And that's why my entry is the best. :D

Cervetus on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Cervetus wrote: »

2) His art sucks and is very stale, as well as being very much copy+paste (seriously, there's a video on youtube that he made of him drawing a Christmas comic and he copy-pastes several times, including opening up a file full of predrawn eyes).

3) His comics often feature jokes that were done before and better in other comics, in similar and frequent enough fashion for people to think he's stealing.

4) An allegation arose that he showed a picture of his penis to a 14 year old girl in what was his version of SE++. His response was to permaban everyone who posted in the thread, including people who were posting in defense of him, and shut the entire section of the forum down. He's still (to my knowledge) never actually denied showing the picture.

5) He formed the guild "Rapscallions" on Dark Iron to try and edge in on the PA vs. PvP comic wars, then one day logged in drunk and started kicking people randomly from the guild. The day after, when people were bitching to him about it, he disbanded the guild.

That's just what I know right now off the top of my head. And that's why my entry is the best. :D

There's also the fact that most of his comics have way more text than neccesary.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Peewi wrote: »

There's also the fact that most of his comics have way more text than neccesary.

Oh yes, which leads to the CAD rule: Keep the first panel, chop out all of the text of the last panel then keep it, and excise everything in between. I've never seen an instance where it isn't funnier than the real comic.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Yeah, I knew1-3, I had forgotten about 4, and that is the first time I had heard 5.

Also, this is my favourite CAD comic.

LewieP on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    hey guys, remember the Photoshop thread we had to make our own CAD comics?

good times.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Hah that sounds fun.

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

He almost certainly didn't. Amber wasn't exactly the most reputable poster, and the people who were spreading the rumour were for the most part complete and utter assholes who'd pull a stunt like that for shits and giggles. One of them even took a picture of his penis and claimed it was Tims, and that this was 'evidence' there claims were true, I mean that doesn't exactly help their cases.

Everything else, however, is true.

Leitner on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Oh yes, which leads to the CAD rule: Keep the first panel, chop out all of the text of the last panel then keep it, and excise everything in between. I've never seen an instance where it isn't funnier than the real comic.
    That is also mostly true of VGcats.

Couscous on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Nah VGCats is easy:

Are you reading VG Ctas
    Yes: Got to page 1
    No: o to page 2

Page 1.
    You fail.

Page 2:
    Continue as normal.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    MJMJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Here was my second entry.
    mino_chords_complete.jpg
    Any game involving the DS microphone voice recognition will be bad. I guess if you haven't played Apollo Justice "Chords of Steel" will be foreign to you, which is why it was my second pick.
    The third was a rival webcomic site, but I got beat to it :P

MJ on
    mino_mirror_punch2_sig.gif
  • Options
    Victor15bVictor15b Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    rock_band.jpg

Victor15b on
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Victor15b wrote: »
    /snip

Damn you, I had completely forgotten that Kenny G exists. :x

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

I find it ironic that this is posted on the forum of a webcomic that Tycho writes. Just saying...

Frem on
  • Options
    Victor15bVictor15b Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Here's your new favorite MMO:
    worldofminesweepr.jpg

Victor15b on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Frem wrote: »

I find it ironic that this is posted on the forum of a webcomic that Tycho writes. Just saying...

But notice how there's still more picture than text in the comics? He's verbose, but he's also intelligent and comedic enough to know when to stop.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Frem wrote: »

But notice how there's still more picture than text in the comics? He's verbose, but he's also intelligent and comedic enough to know when to stop.

He doesn't explain why the jokes are funny either.

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    His Chef character annoys me the most. I mean, I understand he is trying to attempt chaotic-funny with the nonsense that guy spews out, but it just doesn't have any relation to anything.

"Oh no, my pants are made of fish! The clocks tell my crotch the time." Where is "teh funny?"

I'll respect his ability to fund himself with his work, he appears to like to show off his expensive equipment so I know that at least he spends it. Unfortunately I see so many similarities in his work that are nearly direct copies of current webcomics that I can't help but think he is like one of those Chinese companies that makes "Nyke" apparel, and even though it is profitable, it is still a rip-off.

My biggest credit goes to Greg Dean. His work is not that great, but he fucking tries. He appears to admit to being half lazy about his work so it doesn't bother me as much when he doesn't pull out a winner. He has his style and he sticks to it, hard.

Hmm, this thread kinda derailed a bit didn't it.

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Ctrl-Alt-Del is often years behind the times.
    http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20051230.jpg
    I think those jokes were old in 2002.

Couscous on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    titmouse wrote: »

I... I actually laughed at the top right corner. It was funny to me.

I'll get my coat.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    urahonky wrote: »

I'll get my coat.

It was funny. The problem is that the joke is about as old as Aeris dies jokes.

Couscous on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    urahonky wrote: »

I'll get my coat.

It was funny. The problem is that the joke is about as old as Aeris dies jokes.

Its pointing out the Obvious, like we all want to fuck Jessica Alba. You say that and someone will agree with you. Did you work hard to think up that statement and make sure everyone agreed with you? Did you practice to make sure you didn't say we all want to fucking kill Jessica Alba? No, you said a short simple thing that was easily agreed with.

Now, I believe that he did put in some solid work and thought with the latest wintereenmas comics where he drew- I mean, copy pasted one each day, but still, he has a lot of work to do. I still read it for the same reason people sit through baseball games, they want to be there for that one great play!

Honestly, Spartan vs. Spartan was funny, and that valentines day one he was given made my ex wife laugh a fair amount.

THE FUCKING TRUTH IS BELOW ME!

At least his stuff doesn't look as ugly as it once did.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    His Chef character annoys me the most. I mean, I understand he is trying to attempt chaotic-funny with the nonsense that guy spews out, but it just doesn't have any relation to anything.

"Oh no, my pants are made of fish! The clocks tell my crotch the time." Where is "teh funny?"

I'll respect his ability to fund himself with his work, he appears to like to show off his expensive equipment so I know that at least he spends it. Unfortunately I see so many similarities in his work that are nearly direct copies of current webcomics that I can't help but think he is like one of those Chinese companies that makes "Nyke" apparel, and even though it is profitable, it is still a rip-off.

My biggest credit goes to Greg Dean. His work is not that great, but he fucking tries. He appears to admit to being half lazy about his work so it doesn't bother me as much when he doesn't pull out a winner. He has his style and he sticks to it, hard.

Hmm, this thread kinda derailed a bit didn't it.

To bring it full circle, he reminds me of Phoenix Games.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    CaspianXCaspianX Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    ben0207 wrote: »
    Nah VGCats is easy:

Are you reading VG Ctas

Page 1.
    You fail.

Page 2:
    Continue as normal.

Booooooo, hisssssssss

Well, except the Pantsman and Krug comics. I never understood just why he thought those were funny.

CaspianX on
    sigv2a.gif
  • Options
    TorgoTorgo Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Sueve wrote: »
    MJ wrote: »
    Alternately
    Owning_parody_by_danolas.jpg

I'd play that.

Also, thats awesome.

That's the most brilliant use of the Simpsons Franchise EVER. Its so easy to imagine it writes itself.

"Mr. Hutz, are you aware you aren't wearing any pants?"
    "AH!"

But no voice acting. :cry:

Torgo on
    History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    I didn't think an Ace game would win my heart since you fuckers made SO MANY OF THEM, but that Simpsons one is full of awesome.

Thread is great, would read Again! A++++

(I figured since were talking about jokes from 7 years ago, I may as well get in on it)

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    CaspianX wrote: »
    Nah VGCats is easy:

Are you reading VG Ctas

Page 1.
    You fail.

Page 2:
    Continue as normal.

Booooooo, hisssssssss

Well, except the Pantsman and Krug comics. I never understood just why he thought those were funny.

Aw, he's got some good comics, like the Link ones.
    and Dr. Hobo was pure gold.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    CaspianX wrote: »
    Nah VGCats is easy:

Are you reading VG Ctas

Page 1.
    You fail.

Page 2:
    Continue as normal.

Booooooo, hisssssssss

Aw, he's got some good comics, like the Link ones.
    and Dr. Hobo was pure gold.

Yeah, Pantsman is dumb, though I kinda like Krug. And Dr. Hobo is pure gold, though that one comic where he died made me sad. :(

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
This discussion has been closed.