As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hotels

• Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I really need to try out that brunch this year. Sunday morning, is it?

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Along with being part of Smallady and Trillian's room, i've reserved another one under my name for other peoples who'll be going and i'll be going between the two. :D

Either that, or i'll just cancel my reservation once I know more from the other roomies. Better safe than sorry. :P

Polago on
  • Options
    CondorCondor Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    was planning on going to Red Lion, but it sounds like Doubletree is the place to be

Condor on
    "Don't make me come down there!" ~ God
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2006
    Those cookies last year were sooooo perfect. Just what my compadres and I needed at 12:30ish am on friday after a hellishly long flight from Baltimore, and taking the SCARIEST taxi cab ever to the Doubletree. I honestly thought I had been transported to Crazi Taxi the game. This cabbi was going 90 - 100mph and cutting off 16-wheelers the whole way to the hotel. But I digress, I am looking forward to registering there again this year and getting some more delicious cookies. PAX '06 w00t!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SoulFurySoulFury Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    SoulFury and Grath at the Red Lion!!!!

SoulFury on
  • Options
    EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I just called today and switched mine from the 1 king bed to the 2 queens....cause you never know when somebody else may need a place to stay at the last minute...

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    well, i talked it over with my friends, and as soon as i can, i'll be getting a room at the doubletree

Nephirij on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    This will be our first PAX and I have 2 questions about the hotels.

1: The $85 a night rate on the hotels, will that be only during the nights of PAX? And if so what are the normal rates? We plan on arriving on the 22nd to see the sights and what not.

2: Would it be in my best interest to book my our hotel room now?

I look forward to your expedite answers.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    we booked our rooms from the 22nd to the 28th and we got the $85 a night rate for the entire time...

:D

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    To answer your second question: yes, of course, absolutely, book as soon as humanly possible.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    SmallLady wrote:
    we booked our rooms from the 22nd to the 28th and we got the $85 a night rate for the entire time...

:D

24th to 28th here, and PAX rate the whole time as well. :D

Polago on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Huzzah! Well I booked my hotel for the Red Lion. My crew and I well be flying in on the 22nd. This'll be our first PAX. After a year in Iraq I was looking forward to taking a vacation, hah, but I never thought I'd be going to PAX. Hopefully this'll live up to my grand expectations. :D

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    I think the doubletree is booked solid now. can anyone verify? I'm getting paid this week and was going to reserve

Condor on
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Condor wrote:
    I think the doubletree is booked solid now. can anyone verify? I'm getting paid this week and was going to reserve

no way

GeeCee on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    So the Doubletree/Hilton and the Red Lion are the only choices? See My Friend and I are planning on going this year. We have the ClipperShip, the taxi and pretty much everything else setup, but we can not decide on the hotel. I want the Red Lion and He wants the Doubletree. I know its just a place to put your stuff cuz I do not plan on sleeping that much at all. So what hotel would be great for DS gaming, and consle gaming? I used to play D&D waaaay back in high school, but found out about girls around then and stopped. :) ...but I could always be interested in a quest or two during a late night of gaming.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2006
    you don't need money right now to reserve the hotel room, just a credit card

and you don't even need to use that same credit card to pay for the room when you get there

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Condor wrote:

scratch this. I was trying this around 1:30am last night, and it was bringing back a negative availability on all days from August to September. I don't think we booked two months worth.

Just tried it again, and its bringing available rooms back. They must have been working on something on the website.

So doubletree is still open, for now

Condor on
  • Options
    GrifmastaGrifmasta Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I went to Red Lion Last year..wasn't that good..I'd prefer Double Tree

Grifmasta on
  • Options
    TomExMachinaTomExMachina Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I'm sure I'll have some D&D at the 2xtree.

I will be staying there actually...

TomExMachina on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    I went to pax04, missed 05 but I am planning on going to 06 8) But if I recall double tree and the redlion dont have secure parking. Me and my gf are riding our motocycles down and I'd rather not park outside, any idea if any of the closeby hotels have underground parking, or even fenced/monitored parkign to put my mind at ease leaving my baby outdoors unattended.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    dark169 wrote:
    I went to pax04, missed 05 but I am planning on going to 06 8) But if I recall double tree and the redlion dont have secure parking. Me and my gf are riding our motocycles down and I'd rather not park outside, any idea if any of the closeby hotels have underground parking, or even fenced/monitored parkign to put my mind at ease leaving my baby outdoors unattended.

The Meydenbauer has underground parking, perhaps look into that.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    yeah the MBC has underground parking, but excpect around $16+ a day. There's also a parking garage just up the street (to the west) from the MBC, but I'm not sure as to the security or cost.

the map on MBC's site shows a list of local public, pay & free parking locations.

http://www.meydenbauer.com/attend/directions_parking.html

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2006
    Just booked 3 rooms at the Doubletree, muahahaha!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    GrifmastaGrifmasta Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I booked a room at red lion about 4 days ago.. and filled it up quick

Grifmasta on
  • Options
    superjoesuperjoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Anyone know when to expect the rooms to be filled up?

Plans have changed, and I won't know if I can make it out for PAX until sometime in April.

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Probably before April, if that helps. You can always release your room reservation if you can't come.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Or you could always find space with someone else. Most people have extra space they could let you have.

Trillian on

• Options
    Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 the other's insane Denver CORegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I just booked a room in the Red Lion, so for those still waiting on doing so, you've still got some time by the sound of it. She said she had to check to see how many were left, so that's not a good sign of any great number being there in the vacany realm.

Thought I'd let those unaware know, since it's march and all.

Dyrwen66 on
    Just an ancient PA person who doesn't leave the house much.
  • Options
    edited March 2006
    sup3rj0e wrote:
    Anyone know when to expect the rooms to be filled up?

Plans have changed, and I won't know if I can make it out for PAX until sometime in April.

if you book it as long as you cancel at least 24 hours before you are supposed to show up it wont cost you anything....

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Sounds like from what i heard they have the same "co-axial cable only" hook up only on their tv sets. Pretty lame. Last year for the first night I stayed at a another hotel near sea-tac and it was a far superior room to the doubletree one. ><

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    Duo2087Duo2087 Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    just booked for the doubletree... little update there outa the rooms with two beds only kings left... :(

Duo2087 on
    Who is more ignorant? The man who cannot define lightning, or the man who does not respect its awsome power?
    Cross Country Super Trip
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2006
    I am sharing a room at the DoubleTree with a friend.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited March 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    I am sharing a room at the DoubleTree with a friend.

same here....got the two queen beds and got a buddy thats sharing the room....thats it unless one of my other friends DESPERATELY needs a place to stay

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2006
    I don't know how many people are going to be in our room, but it's a fair number.

Trillian on

• Options
    KhorinKhorin Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Does anyone know how to get to the red lion from SEA airport using public transit? Or is it not even worth and splurge on a cab :P. I booked at the begining of this week and could only get one king size bed, double queens were all booked. Just to let everyone know.

-Khorin

Khorin on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Khorin wrote:
    Does anyone know how to get to the red lion from SEA airport using public transit? Or is it not even worth and splurge on a cab :P. I booked at the begining of this week and could only get one king size bed, double queens were all booked. Just to let everyone know.

-Khorin

http://soundtransit.org/riding/fac/stexpress/schedules/560.asp

Weaver on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    The tall building there is the new Westin a few blocks from the Maydenbauer if anyone is interested in staying in a luxury type place. It's totally finished now and open. That pic from when they were still doing a little bit of work near the top.
    DSCN4115.jpg

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited March 2006
    I'm in. Thursday, 24th to Monday the 28th at the Doubletree.

I'm so excited, I wish it was here already.

Condor on
  • Options
    EmperorMingEmperorMing Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    My two friends and I are now reserved for a King room in the Double tree.

God why isn't it August right now.

EmperorMing on
  • Options
    degreesplatinumdegreesplatinum aka. casual_geek Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I'm glad it's not August cause I don't have money yet :P

degreesplatinum on